HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2013, 03:07 PM
Norway, Oppland, Jevnaker
Joined Jul 2013
41 Posts
Question
X303V used on a align 450 DFC TT clone

HI

I'm doing a build with a Align clone, and as I have several Skyartec helis I'm trying to build it with the X303V 3-axis gyro with built in receiver.

I've got it to bind and have connected all the servos just as my Skyartec X3V.

My problem is that when giving throttle on the radio it acts like elevator is given (swashplate tips forward) at the same time as throttle is responding correct.. When giving elevator on the radio it gives pitch curve (raises the the swashplate from all servos). Tried to switch the elevator and pitch on the X303V receiver but some disturbing sounds got me to disconnect power before anything got destroyed. Switched back as it should be and nothing was damaged.

Tried another X303V 3-axis gyro/receiver with the same result.

With same radiosettings and radio connecting it to my X3V - the X3V acts normally.

DFC vs standard FBL with swag arms - its the same setup I guess?

The only difference from my X3V is the ESC and of course the servos, but as i get the rotor to spin the correct way i guess the ESC is correct connected - or could this cause the problem?

I will do some more testing tomorrow, but every tips is welcome!! I will try to change the directions on the X303V with the USB programmer. But right now - I'm not sure what to change and what to try.

Hope anyone could guiide me in the right direction.

Thanks
Stein Holstad
Norway
SteinHolstad is offline Find More Posts by SteinHolstad
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:55 PM
MightyG
Joined Mar 2013
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinHolstad View Post
HI

I'm doing a build with a Align clone, and as I have several Skyartec helis I'm trying to build it with the X303V 3-axis gyro with built in receiver.

I've got it to bind and have connected all the servos just as my Skyartec X3V.

My problem is that when giving throttle on the radio it acts like elevator is given (swashplate tips forward) at the same time as throttle is responding correct.. When giving elevator on the radio it gives pitch curve (raises the the swashplate from all servos). Tried to switch the elevator and pitch on the X303V receiver but some disturbing sounds got me to disconnect power before anything got destroyed. Switched back as it should be and nothing was damaged.

Tried another X303V 3-axis gyro/receiver with the same result.

With same radiosettings and radio connecting it to my X3V - the X3V acts normally.

DFC vs standard FBL with swag arms - its the same setup I guess?

The only difference from my X3V is the ESC and of course the servos, but as i get the rotor to spin the correct way i guess the ESC is correct connected - or could this cause the problem?

I will do some more testing tomorrow, but every tips is welcome!! I will try to change the directions on the X303V with the USB programmer. But right now - I'm not sure what to change and what to try.

Hope anyone could guiide me in the right direction.

Thanks
Stein Holstad
Norway
Hiya Stein,

Just a few things from my not very deep well of experience and knowledge.

1. Are you using the skyartec servos on the Align clone? I assume not as it's a 450. Different servo's respond differently to the signals from the RX.

2. Bigger servo's draw more current from the RX, maybe the RX can't handle the current going though it and this is causing the servos to respond incorrectly. Try connecting the servo's directly to the power source via an external BEC.

3. What voltage is the ESC supplying to the RX? The 303/302 needs 5V, if it's supplying to high a voltage that might be causing weird things to happen.

Cheers

MG
MightyG is online now Find More Posts by MightyG
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing Ruby
Old Aug 25, 2013, 04:00 AM
Joined Jul 2013
41 Posts
Hi...

I think Your're right about the X303V cant handle bigger servos. When connecting the 450 to just a receiver from Walkera - everything works perfect - exept that it did not have any 3-axis gyro to controle it - so no flying was attempted. I have ordered a new 3-axis unit - Hobbymate HB800 along with a DSM2 receiver with satellite as I use the DeviationTX software the DSM2 is supported. Or maybe I will use the RX1002 which came with my Devo-10. So for now I'll just enjoy my X3V as it is while I wait for the parts from China. Hope that TargetHobby.com will ship my parts on monday - estimated to arrive in 14 days or so.

Have You any news about Your Deviationtx project? I've found the perfect setup for me - the problem I had with tail spinning to the right when applying throttle was just to much pith.

Have a nice day!

Stein
Old Aug 25, 2013, 05:11 AM
MightyG
Joined Mar 2013
608 Posts
Quote:
Hi...

...Have You any news about Your Deviationtx project? I've found the perfect setup for me - the problem I had with tail spinning to the right when applying throttle was just to much pith.
Actually I made great strides the Friday just gone, all the parts arrived and I was able to get it all installed, I have a blog entry about it here.

Yesterday I spent the time setting up the WNCP & WNCPx (s) that I own, and today I set up my "silver" X3V with the 302 RX. I've got nearly spot on, just some minor tweaking needed. Good luck with the 450 build!

Cheers

MG.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:26 PM
Joined Jul 2013
41 Posts
I've just finished the Gartt 450 DFC TT build. In fact I have built two different ones. The one with the X303V just was finished today. I rebuilt it to belt drive. Due to winter and very bad weather i just did a low hovering in my livingroom - and felt much of the same control I have on my X3V's. Hoping for a possibility to try it outside soon and if successful I'll post more about the build specs with pictures - if anyone's interested that is..??

Merry Christmas
Stein Holstad
Norway
Old Jan 12, 2014, 06:13 AM
MightyG
Joined Mar 2013
608 Posts
Quote:
I've just finished the Gartt 450 DFC TT build. In fact I have built two different ones. The one with the X303V just was finished today. I rebuilt it to belt drive. Due to winter and very bad weather i just did a low hovering in my livingroom - and felt much of the same control I have on my X3V's. Hoping for a possibility to try it outside soon and if successful I'll post more about the build specs with pictures - if anyone's interested that is..??

Merry Christmas
Stein Holstad
Norway

Hiya Stein,

How did the 450 build go with the X303V? Any flight vids available?

Cheers

MG.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2014, 09:44 AM
Joined Jul 2013
41 Posts
HI MG!!

No, after the finished build I have not been flying anything else than the simulator. Bad weather and hollidays...

Now too cold outside.

Many other stuff eating up my time as well. But in a couple of months the spring is here and hopefully I have something to share then..

Cheers.
Stein
Old Jul 07, 2014, 09:55 PM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
curious how the build went and any setup tips you found. I just ordered the Gartt 450 TT DFC. It willl be on the slow boat from China so I have time. I am going to put a 3gx on it since the V5 made a huge difference on the tail and swash control.Did you end up replacing a bunch of parts or was it reasonable to built stock. I have a few Helis (CPX, 130X, 450 3d, 450FBL Align head and 3gx) from Blade and Align (500 and 600 DFC) so building isnt an issue for me. Was hoping I don't have to nuke the tail rotor assembly or anything like that.

Thanks Dennis
dkgolfnut is offline Find More Posts by dkgolfnut
Old Jul 08, 2014, 01:02 AM
Joined Jul 2013
41 Posts
I do not have any references to any more commonly known brands - but the Gartt seems OK to me. Have not changed any parts other than rebuilding to belt drive. After winter I've just aired the X3V 450 heli once. Have been to busy with other stuff. Hopefully I can get back to this hobby this summer. Did replace some framescreews to more heavy duty ones.

Stein