HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by LCS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:21 PM
LCS
New York
Joined Jan 2003
86 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
Sold
53 TOP FLITE SE5A Biplane R/C Model Airplane Kit

53 TOP FLITE SE5A BIPLANE R/C MODEL AIRPLANE KIT

This is the very hard to find, long ago out of production radio control scale SE5a biplane model airplane kit designed by Dave Platt and manufactured by Top Flite. This is the very early version with the metal cowling & louvers. It also comes with the wheels and pilot figure I bought for the kit as wheel as documention for scale detail

The SE5a has a wingspan of 53", wing area of approximateltly 950 sq inches, and has a typical flying weight of under 6 pounds, and calls for a 40-60 size engine. The one I flew at the Rhinebeck had an OS 60 open rocker four stroke was enough power; I am converting it to electric. With the very low wing loading, this plane would be a perfect candidate for electric conversion with an outrunner. Scale electrics are here, no more worries about dead stick landings!

The kit box is in good shape a bit shop worn. I have had this kit in my cabinet for over 40 years. The kit contents including the printed plans, instruction booklet, balsa, plywood, and hardware packages, are all here in just as it left the factory. Please note, the top left section of the plans were cut free from the main plan. This is the first step to build it. You can see this in the pictures

I am asking $150 shipped to any where in the uSA, Hawaii and Alaska will be extra. Paypal payment preferred.If you have any questions please contact me at qm4020@yahoo.com or (631) 662-1885 Lewis
LCS is offline Find More Posts by LCS
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:00 PM
United States, TX, San Angelo
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Top Flite SE5a Kit

I will take the kit.
scooby555 is offline Find More Posts by scooby555
Old Aug 24, 2013, 05:00 AM
LCS