HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
SkyRover Exploiter EX-001 by Auldey toys

Hello all!

Just purchased this helicopter for my 11 year old son for his birthday a few weeks ago. During it's 3rd trip out, he and his younger brother got into a scuffle and the antenna on the remote control broke in half.

I put him on the job of finding a replacement, but we're not having any luck, and honestly don't really know what to look for.

Can any of you help me out? Trying to win Mother of the Year here, so any and all advice is appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
Stacy
20nic is offline Find More Posts by 20nic
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:00 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,466 Posts
Do you mean the aluminum mast was extended and broke in two? They usually screw in, so it shouldn't be hard to remove. But, a replacement antenna mast may be hard to find. I would go the want ad section and ask if anyone has one.http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-gen...ment-fs-w-215/ However, buying an other complete heli with a new controller may be your best option. If you still have half a mast, my first inclination would be to try it as is.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 01, 2013, 06:47 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
886 Posts
skyrover exploiter antenna

the antenna un-screws from the transmitter... radioshack used to carry aftermarket antennas.. take the antenna in to see if they have anything with compatible threads.. or go to a hobby shop..

john
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Old Sep 02, 2013, 03:53 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20nic View Post
Hello all!

Just purchased this helicopter for my 11 year old son for his birthday a few weeks ago. During it's 3rd trip out, he and his younger brother got into a scuffle and the antenna on the remote control broke in half.

I put him on the job of finding a replacement, but we're not having any luck, and honestly don't really know what to look for.

Can any of you help me out? Trying to win Mother of the Year here, so any and all advice is appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
Stacy
here is a link to an tx antenna on ebay for the remote that should work...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S032G-SYMA-S...item1c30fd7d70
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Old Dec 23, 2013, 02:53 PM
Joined Jul 2004
2 Posts
A little late to the party, but the same thing happened with my son's and we found a mast at the local hobby store. We had to trim the plastic back on the controller, but it screwed right on. Radio Shack is completely useless...
kdryan is offline Find More Posts by kdryan