HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2004, 12:42 AM
Daejeon, South Korea
Joined Jan 2004
21 Posts
Cybird P1

I finished updating our homepage with the information and movies of Cybird P1. If you have interests in it, please visit our homepage.

Information of Cybird P1

Movies of Cybird P1

The brief information of the movies is as follow.
- Movie 1 (taken by March, 2003) : 9.2MB, 5min. 21sec.
- Movie 2 (taken by August, 2003) : 4.9MB, 2min. 8sec.

However, when I tried to delete my post, I saw the message that I have no right to delete though there was no reply to my post. Could anyone let me know how to delete my post ?
Sunny Kim is offline Find More Posts by Sunny Kim
Last edited by Sunny Kim; Feb 10, 2004 at 01:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2004, 04:44 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
You can't delete them. Only moderators can in most forums. Your post is fine.
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Feb 10, 2004, 06:42 PM
Daejeon, South Korea
Joined Jan 2004
21 Posts
Thank you for your comment.

I had a reply from Mr. Jerry Rose by private message, too. I am very impressive that the people in RCgroup are very kind to other and consider other's difficulties as theirs. I think that I should learn this good feature.

I am somewhat strange to add a post. At first, I had an intention that I added this post to my other post, "Cybird Movies Update".

Anyway, thank you for your kindness.

Sunny Kim
Old Feb 14, 2004, 01:55 AM
Seale, AL
Joined Oct 2003
644 Posts
wmueller10 is offline Find More Posts by wmueller10
Last edited by wmueller10; Nov 04, 2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 08:49 PM
Daejeon, South Korea
Joined Jan 2004
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wmueller10
Sunny Kim,
I purchased a Cybird PII and the ornothopter has a tendency to stall abruptly (drop out of a straight flight path suddenly). Even the Mpegs with your instruction CD show the aircraft stalling.

What is your team of engineers doing to correct this problem?

I've damaged my wing because of this stall problem.
Flight Pack; e-tec 1200 mah, fma M5 micro RX, C10 spd control and factory installed servos. Willi
Dear Willi,

I know the tendency of abrupt stall. It mostly comes from the following two reasons.

We make it intentionally in order to dive steeply as you saw in our movies.

The steep dive can be done when you move its tail wing down.

And, if the gear of elevator servo is broken by impact, stall can also be done because the servo cannot endure the load and can make the tail wing down.

If you can hear some noise of "tick-tick" when you move the servo, the servo gears is broken. In this case, you should repair the servo.

For improving the strength of our servo gears, we are making an action. Our servo gears are consists of 4 plastic gears, and I know which is the most weak gear. We will change the gear to a metal one. We discussed this fact with its manufacturer, and he accepted our suggestion. I expect that the new servo with a metal gear will come in this March.

I am sorry to bother you because of Cybird.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 04:57 AM
Seale, AL
Joined Oct 2003
644 Posts
wmueller10 is offline Find More Posts by wmueller10
Last edited by wmueller10; Nov 04, 2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 08:43 PM
Daejeon, South Korea
Joined Jan 2004
21 Posts
If anyone has some questions, complain or suggestion about Cybird, you can also write it in our BBS of http://www.neuros.co.kr/zb41/zboard.php?id=bbs.

There are many articles by Korean in our BBS, but you can write your opinion in English. The process to upload it is as follow.

(1) Click the "write" in the lower-right conner of BBS
(2) Write your name and password.
(3) If you add "E-mail" address, you can receive my reply in your e-mail, too.
(4) Write "subject" and "contents.
(5) You can add 2 attachment by "File #1" and "File #2".
(6) After finishing, you have to check the box of "NO SPAM".
Old Feb 20, 2004, 02:32 AM
Taiwan
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
If you want to understand the articles written in Korea, you
can try Babel Fish Translation.
Gamin is offline Find More Posts by Gamin
Old Feb 27, 2004, 06:59 PM
obiewan
Michigan
Joined Oct 2002
230 Posts
Ezoners, I bought a Cybird from Chronister and am impressed with the design and workmanship. Just got a 1200 Lipo today and will try to fly as soon as weather permits. Mr Kim and Nathan Chronister have gone out of their way to answer my questions. Very helpful.
jrsnow is offline Find More Posts by jrsnow
Old Feb 27, 2004, 07:00 PM
obiewan
Michigan
Joined Oct 2002
230 Posts
Ezoners, I bought a Cybird from Chronister and am impressed with the design and workmanship. Just got a 1200 Lipo today and will try to fly as soon as weather permits. Mr Kim and Nathan Chronister have gone out of their way to answer my questions. Very helpful.
jrsnow is offline Find More Posts by jrsnow
Old Mar 07, 2004, 04:28 AM
Greece
Joined Mar 2004
28 Posts
Dear Kim,
I bought a Cybird from Chronister. It is an amazing machine. I managed to fly for 10 minutes when the problem with the elevetor servo came up.! ( What about that metal gear..?? when we will able to buy it.? It has low reliability with the plastic gears. I am flying r/c machines for over 8 years planes helis and I never had a broken servo.
lebyathan is offline Find More Posts by lebyathan
Old Mar 07, 2004, 10:52 AM
Greece
Joined Mar 2004
28 Posts
I found a HS-81 servo that I had and put it on my Cybird.! I saw the free space above the servo that Cybird has and put it there after I took out the original.(thats why there is that space am I right?) After 5 minutes of flying it broke too I can not understand that. Why?? Trying to find a solution to my Cybird I found two servos. The Hitec HS-85MG Metal Gear Mighty Micro and the Hitec HS-81MG Metal Gear Sub Micro.Both are 22 grams Has anyone try one of those..?? I have to say that bird is very infrangible. Good job Kim.!! but that servo is really killing me.! two servos in one day..!
Has anyone try one of this in his/hers Cybird..??

Thanks
Leby
Old Mar 07, 2004, 11:50 AM
Joined Oct 2003
20 Posts
I have used the Hitec HS-81MG Metal Gear Sub Micro on the elevator for several flights with no breakage problems. I checked the balance point and it seemed to be OK. The Cybird does appear to be very sensitive to elevator trim. I'm can't remember if it was as sensitive before I changed the servo.
ornifan is offline Find More Posts by ornifan
Old Mar 07, 2004, 11:40 PM
Daejeon, South Korea
Joined Jan 2004
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lebyathan
I found a HS-81 servo that I had and put it on my Cybird.! I saw the free space above the servo that Cybird has and put it there after I took out the original.(thats why there is that space am I right?) After 5 minutes of flying it broke too I can not understand that. Why?? Trying to find a solution to my Cybird I found two servos. The Hitec HS-85MG Metal Gear Mighty Micro and the Hitec HS-81MG Metal Gear Sub Micro.Both are 22 grams Has anyone try one of those..?? I have to say that bird is very infrangible. Good job Kim.!! but that servo is really killing me.! two servos in one day..!
Has anyone try one of this in his/hers Cybird..??

Thanks
Leby
As you guessed, we made a free space above the elevator servo in order to install Hs-81MG(with metal gears). Some customer preferred to it and there has been no problem in flying Cybird.

We conclude that Cybird can carry additional weight of 20grams without severe reduction in performance.

It is scheduled to receive 10 samples of servos with metal gears. After testing the servos, I will determine if the servos with meatal gears can be accepted. After my determination, I will let you know.
Old Mar 08, 2004, 01:19 AM
Greece
Joined Mar 2004
28 Posts
Dear Kim,

Thank you for your fast reply..it is an amazing machine as I said and you have to find a solution there..! I am sure that you do.!

Thank you once more.!
Leby