SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2014, 06:58 PM
United States, VA
Joined Sep 2013
3,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
I'll back over everything and see if I'm overlooking some thing. I'll be sure to post what I find.

Edited to add that I did get it to bind! WooHoo! The SMDs were facing down and I couldn't see them binding to my Tx.

Now the bad news, When I check operation on the GUI, my throttle (mode 2) left stick is bound to Roll. Would this be a possible mis-soldering I've done? I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this?

Eric

That's not good... TAER is the default Spektrum... I think Soma is correct, you may have shifted the pins by one row.

I have a Flip 1.5 with the case... but has the headers soldered from Paul... PM if it could come in handy.
KC_703 is offline Find More Posts by KC_703
Last edited by KC_703; Jan 18, 2014 at 07:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:47 PM
United States, CA, Chino Hills
Joined May 2012
317 Posts
Any one know of a good place to get 4mm carbon in the states?
jstgilstrap is online now Find More Posts by jstgilstrap
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:39 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,565 Posts
The new KISS ESC looks promising. Super small when compared to what's out there for the respective amp rating.

Good for micro BL builds.

Just need to know when it's available and price.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2083052

My own size comparision of popular 10a and 12a ESC.

The KISS is the light yellow in the front.

Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 23, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:43 PM
Bulgaria, Sofija-Grad, Sofia
Joined Apr 2013
771 Posts
Impressive!
Hope it works well.
Rust is offline Find More Posts by Rust
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:52 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,489 Posts
"the prices will be something like 13-15€ for the 12A and 18-20€ for the 18A version (including german tax)"

ouch....
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:15 PM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,657 Posts
Thanks for the link Daryoon! These will be perfect!

Felix's post kind of forced my hand on something I've been working on for a while too. The frames they were testing on had a centre plate design similar to a frame I've been working on for a while. Its almost ready but will take a bit longer before I can make it available.

So may as well post up a couple of vids here now!

3S
Soma 230mm Proto Test 02 (3 min 8 sec)

2S
Soma 230mm Proto 2S Test (2 min 28 sec)

Specs thus far are...
230mm Frame - Designed for the Sunnysky X2204 2300KV motor
Blue Series 12A ESC's - SimonK 2013-05-15
Lemon-Flip-Pro RX-FC
3S 1000mAh 45C Lipo - 1300mAh 45C may be needed. (2S capable)
6x4.5 Props.

Lots of info to come in due time!
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:35 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,565 Posts
Droooooool

Soma officially ended my quest for the xtreme quad from RCLogger.

I want more quad p0rn!

Went out and got SunnySky x2204 2300kv and will pair them with BLHeli flashed HobbyKing 10A NFET ESC.

Also, will try the HobbyKing micro MultiWii and hope that goes well.

I still need props.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:45 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,489 Posts
Maybe you should throw an eye over there for some exceptional Tri-p0rn:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2079871

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:51 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Joined Oct 2013
1,669 Posts
Mike! Quit posting up more link to more really super awesome stuff!!! This is getting expensive!!!
Btnewman is offline Find More Posts by Btnewman
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:53 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,565 Posts
LOL. No kidding!

Time to launch the privacy browsing mode.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,657 Posts
Good problem to have hey?!!! An over abundance of super awesome stuff

I'm so excited about those new Flyduino ESC's!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2014, 09:13 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2005
976 Posts
The video on 3s looks unreal. That is amazingly fast flying!

JustinL
JustinL is online now Find More Posts by JustinL
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,657 Posts
Thanks Justin! It's more than I can handle at the moment. I need to practice more. Very little of that video even is full throttle!

Its very interesting the questions of speeding up the video from the Extreme thread. I had somewhat expected it, as its a reasonable question to ask. I will try to get a video from my Mobius asap and enable the time stamp, that should do the trick. It's actually quite satisfying people are not believing the speed!

Just to have the details in this thread....

"Playback speed is normal, no enhancements made. You may be referring to my cutting the video together, as I try link segments so the motion continues to flow rhythmically. At cuts you'll see two quads in the shot as the scenes fade together. The only editing technique I use is cross fade. It is shot and exported at 30fps, and as far as I'm aware, no funny business is happening there. Footage is shot with my mobile phone rubber banded to my cap."

The 2S video was produced in exactly the same manner as the 3S vid, and its speed is much more believable

I will get some details up as soon as I can, seeing the cat's out of the bag now. But until then, these are copied from the other thread too...

"Just to give an idea of the power behind this thing... On 3S, its drawing 4 Amps to hover, and draws a peak of 69 Amps in a full power climb, 17 times the hover current... 740 Watts in a 300 gram machine. One single motor / prop combo was bench tested (briefly) to produce more than twice as much thrust (720 grams) as the whole quad's AUW (300 grams). If the flight pack could maintain voltage better it would have about a 9:1 power to weight ratio (the flight pack could only maintain 10.7 Volts Vs 12 Volts on the bench). Its a scary machine! "

Here is some data on initial testing from an Eagle Tree V3 150A logger.

Bench Test
Only very brief as the motor would burn up being held static at these loads. Draws over 20 Amps WOT and produced 720 grams of thrust before dropping off from the over load. RPM was 17,000 RPM and about 70% of free RPM (no load) which is the point that seems a good match of motor and prop when in the air. Notice the 33 Amp spike on fast acceleration!

Flight Test
While these values are way overloading the motor on the bench, in flight the whole system is pushed to, but (so far) not beyond its limit. The electronic components are all consistently warm, but not burning up. I could use a larger, or higher C lipo though as it was at 50 deg C after one flight.

68-69 Amps in full power climbs from a standing start. 36 Amps in hard full forward flight (FFF). 4 Amp hover.

Here is the 740 Watt peak from the first outing...

RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:42 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2005
976 Posts
I definitely believe it. Only thing I noticed were the edits but that's how all of the videos you've posted on this thread have been. Its just your style. Watching your videos is what made me think the extreme videos were really tame looking. Kind of funny but Brisbane, Australia is where I feel like I first really saw the world in detail. I was 13 and had just discovered my vision sucked. Walked out of the eye doctors with glasses and a whole new world of detail to take in. Makes me think back to that when I see your posts.

JustinL
JustinL is online now Find More Posts by JustinL
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,657 Posts
Man, that's really heartening! I'm glad it brings back good memories! That must have been a revelatory moment for you.

Do you ever get back over this side of the pond?
RCG Plus Member