SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2013, 06:34 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Oct 2012
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
The gimbal can be moved forward, I had mine all the way to the back position. so if you move all the way forward it should be good. also the landing gear can be removed. and would make the quad lighter. you can also tilt the camera down so you don't get the props. as well. I don't have a lot of knowledge with brushless gimbals. other then I picked one up for my Octocopter. and it cost me 146.00 ready to use. and it works pretty good. this new beholder gimbal I have never even seen one. LOL...
Here it is: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1966251
it is 250gr including gopro3 which is light enough for apollo I guess, they also say this can be fit easly to new walkera 350 as well..

I checked ebay for some cheap one around 100-110 but no name ones and a bit heavy I guess (400 gr they say without the camera.. is not that so heavy? (may be the box itself..) Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-...item1e7e061c9a

another kind of same: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brushless-Gi...item3384ad32e1
gur75 is offline Find More Posts by gur75
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2013, 06:39 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
with the landing gear on they should work, I know that Nex.quads has a low profile gimbal , but for some reason they are very hard to get ahold of and never respond to emails or calls. so not sure what's going on there. but the gimbal looks cool. if I can find some pics, I will post them.

the last link you posted looks like it would work well.

I will also ask about a brushless gimbal from Idea Fly.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Aug 26, 2013, 06:46 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
Ok I need a favor from everyone look at getting an Apollo or thinking about it.

I need a list of stuff you want to know, or want changed, or or added to the quad. and I will forward everything to Olivia. and see what I can get answers to.

thanks. Stuart
Old Aug 26, 2013, 07:08 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Oct 2012
415 Posts
Quote:
Ok I need a favor from everyone look at getting an Apollo or thinking about it.

I need a list of stuff you want to know, or want changed, or or added to the quad. and I will forward everything to Olivia. and see what I can get answers to.

thanks. Stuart
TO KNOW:
- More info about C version (a photo of controller at least)
- Camera Resolution and details of C version (or Bs if they're going to release)
- More info about any controller they are gonna pack with Apollo (Less is better)

TO CHANGE:
- BNF RxR any version without controller, battery charger BUT with Servo Gimbal included around 299 dolar competetive price tag to compete with walkera
- Some better designed landing gear. Stonger Longer and will not be seen while shooting with go pro
- Bumper to be a bit cheaper or/and included in some package (C or A2)
TO ADD:
- Option to buy thier Brushless Gimbal at affordable price suitable to Apollo
- Better info about Apollo on their website including manual

And finishing the glitches in C version and immediate release
gur75 is offline Find More Posts by gur75
Old Aug 26, 2013, 07:14 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
as for price. I think it is right in line with the other 350 size quads. and to include a gimbal to boot. and the radio is decent.

but for the RXR if they release it. the 299.00 price range seems fair.
I am looking at skyping with Olivia in the morning., so the more questions I get the better tonight.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:48 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
I was talking to ifly and they are wanting to make me a distributer for the apollo. Well I am going to give it a trial run. So I am going to start with 5 pieces. If I can get them sold in less then a week then I will look at going with more. I am still working on the pricing. But for the first 5 you will pay exactly what it cost to have it shipped here and then to you. I am not making any money. And I am not sure how to accept payment yet. But basically once I have payment for the 5 I will put the order in and they will be shipped to me then to you. And the shipping will be discounted from there to here I had to pay 95.00 for my one via dhl. But for 5 it is like 250-260 for the Lot. so a bit cheaper the more that is ordered together. So I need. Five people. Pm me if interested.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:51 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
I have noticed, I am pretty much the only one in the USA that has the Apollo, and everyone is saying waiting on more reviews. well if everyone is going to say that, does that mean that none of you are going to buy one. so come on guys I just need 5 people. to give it a shot.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:16 PM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
I noticed in the specs on the web site flying speed is listed at 5 m/s. I hope this is a mistake or a very conservative estimate. For comparison sake the Phantom was listed at 10 m/s which comes out to about 22 mph. Some owners have posted that they have logged flights with Phantoms at speeds in the mid 30s (mph).
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:19 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
I would say that is a typo. I have had mine halling A$$ down the block. you can adjust the amount of angle and response to the copter. I would say it is close to 30 if not faster. without the camera gimbal on. with it on it is just slightly slower.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:26 PM
United States, FL, Dunedin
Joined Jan 2013
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperhyde View Post
I noticed in the specs on the web site flying speed is listed at 5 m/s. I hope this is a mistake or a very conservative estimate. For comparison sake the Phantom was listed at 10 m/s which comes out to about 22 mph. Some owners have posted that they have logged flights with Phantoms at speeds in the mid 30s (mph).
If you want speed you are going to have to go to the route of a manually flown copter.
The GPS and ATTI controlled copters have limits.
I have telemetry on my 450 DJI and it says it is going about 27 MPH in ATTI and with a long head start.
I suspect 30 will be about tops.
My KK2 Tri on the other hand is at least twice as fast.
(and more then I can actually handle at this stage of my expertise.)
I would not look for great speed from the Apollo. It just looks fast.
But that is always better then looking half fast.
Stitch1615 is offline Find More Posts by Stitch1615
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:30 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
Stitch1615 - the Apollo has the manual mode as well. and it does not have a lot of the restricted flying the DJI does. I will try to do a speed run video this weekend. if it doesn't rain.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:44 PM
Joined Aug 2013
12 Posts
Apollo Group Buy: Package Price?

What is your price for the Apollo without shipping?
Make it an even $500 with shipping and people may respond or at least know how to budget.
AlaskaBorg is offline Find More Posts by AlaskaBorg
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:56 PM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
I have noticed, I am pretty much the only one in the USA that has the Apollo, and everyone is saying waiting on more reviews. well if everyone is going to say that, does that mean that none of you are going to buy one. so come on guys I just need 5 people. to give it a shot.
You should just go for it, you know "No Guts no Glory". You should be able to sell five of those birds.
For me I have a Phantom already and I've ordered the Walkera and probably will get the Blade. Why? Because I'm familiar with both companies and their products. Also I have radios for both so I save even more money. For less than the price of another Phantom I get two birds. I'll never have to go a day without my daily fix of flying. (Except for weather)
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:07 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
Well I have the Apollo, and I have a blade on order. Down the road I might get the walker a. But I just don't like the two modes. I will never own a phantom unless I am given one. The price on the phantom is just too outrageous. But I have heard rumors of a new DJ I rtf that will be more inline with the wookong. And with another hefty price tag. Well I don't have the money for 5 Apollo copters. But but I figured doing it the way I posted. Will save a few some money. And it is actually going to cost the 5 people a few dollars less then I paid for mine.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:45 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,472 Posts
I have great news. I just tested the RTH 5 times from the mode switch. and well here are the results. and Man I wish I had my camera man,(daughter) to video it. I promise to try again and put on video. I am very excited about this. ok ok anyway here is what happened.
2 of the times the quad flew back and landed right on the spot it took off from, the other 3 well the landings were between 1 -2 feet from home spot. I was pleasantly surprised.
I promise guys. as soon as my daughter has time, marching band, so hopefully this weekend. I will record it.