Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
The Walkera just landed in Southern California - uploading the unbox now

http://www.fpvguy.com/2013/08/walkera.html
No GoPro mount included. Bummer, I wanted to see some video from it. Any chance of trying aerobatics with it?
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:52 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Aug 2013
1,693 Posts
These people http://www.hobbycart.com/walkera-qrx350-phantom.html now have stock in Hong Kong, true FPV versions will not be available until end of week, these will include DEVO4 camera and GoPro mount as standard.

David
djmorgan is online now Find More Posts by djmorgan
Old Aug 20, 2013, 03:34 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,495 Posts
I love business ethics of this company and their new quad
Hope it flies as good as its namesake
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Aug 20, 2013, 03:51 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21 View Post
No GoPro mount included. Bummer, I wanted to see some video from it. Any chance of trying aerobatics with it?
Hello Savll21, the lack of a mount is no big deal, a Phantom mount will fit it perfectly. however I just tested it with a hard-mounted ReplayXD, quite smooth with very little jello.

Walkera QRX350 First flight and camera test (0 min 58 sec)

Initial experience, It do NOT fly anything like the Phantom, the phantom is very firm, the x350 is much more like a Y6, a bit mushy and a little drifty, meaning it take a moment to stop a drift and get going in another direction. Don't think it will be a acro performer, however the smoothness is pretty good for video.. and I think it will help brushless gimbals work really well, because there will be less issues with vibrations in the gimbal.

About the FPV rig, I would probably try to buy the x350 with the cool F7 radio, but use a FatShark starter kit as it have a far better camera for "actual" FPV. ;-)
* I am waiting for Walkera to show me a working DV04 kit and I will happily change that statement.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bo Lorentzen; Aug 20, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 04:17 PM
CunningStuntsFPV
Australia, WA, Dirk Hartog Island
Joined Dec 2012
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyc View Post
This is just a press release that we then use as a news article.

The RCG channel format is a way to update content and keep the site fresh and allow users to pick their fav format. New product releases are great as people love to see what is available on the market. And we are just providing the news not endorsing the products. We are just letting our members know what's available.

We may be getting a unit for review and if we do we will do a full test, flight video, feature test, etc.
Why include the word "PHANTOM" in the product description when it's not?...that is more of an s.e.o type heading, including the other product to help increase traffic? It's not a Phantom, and as bad as some people claim DJI products to be, I hate to think of the dramas with these newcomers in the coming months.
figgoat is online now Find More Posts by figgoat
Old Aug 20, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,693 Posts
The word Phantom has many meanings and is not exclusive or copyright to DJI

Definition:
1.a. Something apparently seen, heard, or sensed, but having no physical reality; a ghost or an apparition.
b. Something elusive or delusive.
2. An image that appears only in the mind; an illusion.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 08:31 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Hello Savll21, the lack of a mount is no big deal, a Phantom mount will fit it perfectly. however I just tested it with a hard-mounted ReplayXD, quite smooth with very little jello.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXGj7kjMpY

Initial experience, It do NOT fly anything like the Phantom, the phantom is very firm, the x350 is much more like a Y6, a bit mushy and a little drifty, meaning it take a moment to stop a drift and get going in another direction. Don't think it will be a acro performer, however the smoothness is pretty good for video.. and I think it will help brushless gimbals work really well, because there will be less issues with vibrations in the gimbal.

About the FPV rig, I would probably try to buy the x350 with the cool F7 radio, but use a FatShark starter kit as it have a far better camera for "actual" FPV. ;-)
* I am waiting for Walkera to show me a working DV04 kit and I will happily change that statement.
Is there any way to adjust sensitivity or responsiveness?
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:04 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Jul 2013
308 Posts
this is what I do not understand, how can the BNF be 299 and the ready to fly jumps to 469, why 170 for a radio, the Blade QX350 RTF is 479, I have heard lots of great things about customer service for Blade products, not so good comments on Walkera, There is a good chance I will own one of these by end of the year, for Walkera to win my business they better show they have a better product at a much lower price
Dennis S is offline Find More Posts by Dennis S
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:58 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S View Post
this is what I do not understand, how can the BNF be 299 and the ready to fly jumps to 469, why 170 for a radio, the Blade QX350 RTF is 479, I have heard lots of great things about customer service for Blade products, not so good comments on Walkera, There is a good chance I will own one of these by end of the year, for Walkera to win my business they better show they have a better product at a much lower price
Dennis, its actually pretty simply. at least the cost, there are BNF and then there are BNF. the $299 is aircraft only, no charger, no battery no radio. So you get one radio, one charger and one battery for the $170. making the radio about $130-140 not the cheapest radio in the world, but not the most expensive either. Im pretty sure I did see Dave selling the RTF at $449 so that makes the radio about $110.. not too bad. Im mostly surprised Banggood charge more than a US reseller.

The $469 seems consistent with the Blade.?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Nov 2009
19 Posts
seriously, can Walkera have at least some decency to modify the arm of the DJI phantom a little bit. At least change the red ribbon on them.
bluety is offline Find More Posts by bluety
Old Aug 21, 2013, 02:58 AM
Joined Aug 2013
1,693 Posts
That's what courts are for, if ever it gets that far, we assume Walkera copied from DJI but what if it was the other way around!
We just don't know and what does it matter? if you buy either one you can personalise it to suit yourself.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Feb 2013
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluety View Post
seriously, can Walkera have at least some decency to modify the arm of the DJI phantom a little bit. At least change the red ribbon on them.
There is no red ribbon, just tiny orange stripes...pre cut already (at the RTF Version at least) I wish they would have used biger red ones
gervais is offline Find More Posts by gervais
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some pics out of my collection
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:05 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gervais View Post
There is no red ribbon, just tiny orange stripes...pre cut already (at the RTF Version at least) I wish they would have used biger red ones
Yeah, I would have liked just a single red 5cm mark instead of the two thin ones.

Besides, on mine they are painted, consistent with the other quads and helis Walkera makes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2013, 02:57 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmorgan View Post
That's what courts are for, if ever it gets that far...
Thats a great attitude, lets clog our legal system with more idiotic lawsuits.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks