HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Walkera QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro RC Drone

A new RTF contender enters the market! The Walkera QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro RC Drone lists for $299!

Splash

Introducing the QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro RC Drone

Walkera QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro General Overview

Mindblowing is the word. Walkera is getting serious this time as they try to take on the famous DJI phantom. If you are looking for a GoPro Quadcopter as cool as the Phantom but slightly lower budget, the Walkera QR X350 would be recommended. In fact, the Walkera QR X350 has lots of amazing features that are new and innovative. It is apparent that Walkera has spent a great deal on R&D to create this sensational Quadcopter. Let's find out more about its features and specifications below.

Features

• With GPS Auto Pilot Function, your helicopter will never get lost. With the assistance of GPS, the Walkera QR X350 is fully capable of returning to its starting point by itself. Remember those times where you are afraid of flying your favorite RC model too far because they might be out of sight and eventually fall into the jungle? Well fear no more with the QR X350 GPS system.
  • So how do you activate this awesome GPS home returning function? With what Walkera describes as "One key to go home", simply hit the radio switch and the QR X350 will return and land by itself, as easy as that.
  • Superb hovering function. To elaborate, it means that the QR X350 has an enhanced altitude sensor which adopts the GPS technology to find out the exact location of the model, this allows the QR X350 to hover without changing at a very precise coordinates on earth, very impressive indeed.
  • In case of emergency, the QR X350 also has a built-in fail safe detection which returns to starting point and land safely without any damage. This is an add-on to the GPS auto pilot function.
  • As its name suggests, the QR X350 is compatible for GoPro camera recording. The Walkera QR X350 has an anti-vibration camera mount which allows you to take beautiful pictures and videos with minimal distortions from movements. Note that the GoPro camera is excluded from the packages. The FPV package includes a DV04 camera.
  • Fly the Walkera QR X350 on your iPad/ iPhone. With the Wifi module, you can control the movements and view the flight on your apple devices.
  • Flight time of up to 15 minutes with a 11.1v 2200mAh Li-po battery.

Specifications

• Main Rotor Diameter : 556mm
  • Main Rotor Blade Length: 206mm
  • Main Motor: WK-WS-28-008A
  • Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LiPo
  • Length: 289mm
  • Width:: 289mm
  • Height: 180mm
  • Approximate Flight Time: 10-15 minutes
  • Number of Channels: 5 channels and above
  • Rotor Type: Quadcopter
  • Recommended Environment: Outdoor

Walkera QR X350 Phantom with Integrated GPS and GoPro Upgradable (1 min 30 sec)

Walkera QR X350 Phantom Assemble Video (2 min 6 sec)

For more information click here.

Last edited by Sleepyc; Aug 15, 2013 at 09:14 AM..

Discussion

Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:28 AM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Dec 2012
1,249 Posts
lol...looks like the DJI Phantom
v00d0o is online now Find More Posts by v00d0o
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:09 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d0o View Post
lol...looks like the DJI Phantom
they even took the name
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Jul 2013
1,175 Posts
Begun, the Clone Wars have.

Really, "Phantom?" Maybe I'll hop in my Chevy Mustang and go to the LHS for a look!

Is there any such thing as one Chinese manufacturer suing another Chinese manufacturer over stuff like this?

No comment on the product itself, as that's premature. But ... what a hoot! I'm sure the DJI guys are gritting their teeth.
IronAgeMedia is offline Find More Posts by IronAgeMedia
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:24 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,262 Posts
@OP:

Can you tell us:
  1. How the FPV version transmit and receives Video?
  2. Can the DV04 be replaced by a GoPro to act as a FPV and recording Camera? Another words, can QR 350 connect and talk to GoPro?
  3. On the receiving side, can we hook up a Goggle to the F7 radio?

Thanks!
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:27 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Many times, the RCG contributors just put these out when they come across something interesting, or neat. I am confused by the new format of all the subheadings (news, articles, reviews).

Sleepy~ Have you any first hand experience with this, or did you just want to share info about the product?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bsbauman; Aug 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:27 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
855 Posts
Can it support a Spektrum compatible receiver?

Any video from a GoPro mounted on the quad?

What's the flight time with a GoPro mounted?

Brushless gimbal support?

Figure I'd just ask all at once...
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old Aug 15, 2013, 05:06 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Jul 2013
310 Posts
Unreal , Blade is coming out with the 350 QX quad, so I guess this is Walkera's way of taking both DJI and Blade out to the wood shed
Dennis S is offline Find More Posts by Dennis S
Old Aug 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Many times, the RCG contributors just put these out when they come across something interesting, or neat. I am confused by the new format of all the subheadings (news, articles, reviews).

Sleepy~ Have you any first hand experience with this, or did you just want to share info about the product?
This is just a press release that we then use as a news article.

The RCG channel format is a way to update content and keep the site fresh and allow users to pick their fav format. New product releases are great as people love to see what is available on the market. And we are just providing the news not endorsing the products. We are just letting our members know what's available.

We may be getting a unit for review and if we do we will do a full test, flight video, feature test, etc.
Sleepyc is offline Find More Posts by Sleepyc
Old Aug 15, 2013, 06:08 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21 View Post
Can it support a Spektrum compatible receiver?

Any video from a GoPro mounted on the quad?

What's the flight time with a GoPro mounted?

Brushless gimbal support?

Figure I'd just ask all at once...

Yes you can put a Spectrum reciever in there.

Hope to have GoPro video by saturday

YES you can mount a brushless gimbal.. pictures by this weekend hopefully.

Im supposed to be getting one in-hands Friday and have a Beholder Lite gimbal waiting for a test-flight.
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2013, 06:30 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Yes you can put a Spectrum reciever in there.

Hope to have GoPro video by saturday

YES you can mount a brushless gimbal.. pictures by this weekend hopefully.

Im supposed to be getting one in-hands Friday and have a Beholder Lite gimbal waiting for a test-flight.
Cool I'm interested. Are the props proprietary? I trying to compare this to the 350qx and parts support is an issue. Blade has local part supplies well covered.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2013, 07:07 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21 View Post
Cool I'm interested. Are the props proprietary? I trying to compare this to the 350qx and parts support is an issue. Blade has local part supplies well covered.
Watched the videos on Walkeras site and answered my own question on the props. They have a slot shape set to the motor. So you have to use the props from Walkera.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2013, 07:12 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyc View Post
This is just a press release that we then use as a news article.

The RCG channel format is a way to update content and keep the site fresh and allow users to pick their fav format. New product releases are great as people love to see what is available on the market. And we are just providing the news not endorsing the products. We are just letting our members know what's available.

We may be getting a unit for review and if we do we will do a full test, flight video, feature test, etc.
Thats what I thought; I do like the new format. It has been informative of lots of new products I otherwise did not know existed.

Keep up the great work! I have really been impressed with FlyingGiants and the forum has really grown on me the last year. Thanks for your contributions!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:47 AM
United States, TX
Joined Oct 2009
439 Posts
I thought that it was DJI until I read half way down. Guess my mind just omitted Walkera. LOL
nige838 is offline Find More Posts by nige838
Old Aug 16, 2013, 01:25 AM
Joined Aug 2013
28 Posts
I am confused by the new format of all the subheadings
tanasczn is offline Find More Posts by tanasczn