SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2009, 05:20 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,630 Posts
Just happened to be surfing the TV channels this morning, and TCM was running "Father Goose," which I had never seen. Pat certainly does her justice. I hope the RCMB store will survive the magazine to keep the plans available.

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:33 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor
Just happened to be surfing the TV channels this morning, and TCM was running "Father Goose," which I had never seen. Pat certainly does her justice. I hope the RCMB store will survive the magazine to keep the plans available.

Pete G.
Pat sells the plans direct. He benefits a bit more from this, as
I heard that there are no residuals from RCMB.

http://www.patscustom-models.com/boatplans.htm
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:01 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,630 Posts
Thanks, Umi That is good to know. They are also listed in the RCBoatModeler store, here: http://rcstore.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?si...s&ntier2=Boats (page 2), so I thought maybe they had obtained exclusive rights.

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:38 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,723 Posts
I happen to have seen a very nice one of these at a St Louis Admirals regatta, build by a regular to this forum...now if I can just find the pictures......
Predreadnut is online now Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:42 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
ooops, I forgot to mention the name. "Vrolijkheid" was the name on the boat in the begining of the movie. After the boat was repaired for the escape from the island it was renamed "Catherine". I later found out from a friend that the word "Vrolijkheid" is a Norwegian word that means "happiness".
PAT

I don't pretend to know all the states in the US, but calling the name "vrolijkheid" Norwegian, is about a 500 km off, as it's a Dutch word...

It does translate into happiness or joy.

Regardless of the name, it's a very nice build!

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:39 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,687 Posts
I saw the movie a few days ago too. Good show. I was tempted to try and get pics off the TV of the boat but didn't get the chance. Incidentally don't worry about your model blowing up. That only happens if there is a Japanese patrol boat following you.
Meantime that was a neat boat for sure and it's too bad they destroyed her. Wonder if there are any more like that around? Pete M
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:04 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale
I saw the movie a few days ago too. Good show. I was tempted to try and get pics off the TV of the boat but didn't get the chance. Incidentally don't worry about your model blowing up. That only happens if there is a Japanese patrol boat following you.
Meantime that was a neat boat for sure and it's too bad they destroyed her. Wonder if there are any more like that around? Pete M
Pete,

You are mistaken... if you look carfully, you will see that the
patrol boat is a vosper... Big Bad Wolf and Bo Peep were out to
get the Filthy Beast, and Goody two Shoes....
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:35 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki
Big Bad Wolf and Bo Peep were out to
get the Filthy Beast, and Goody two Shoes....

Er, is that 'code'?
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:58 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,687 Posts
UMI I didn't think that at all. Big Bad Wolf and Bo Peep were the Brits wern't they? I don't recall what the patrol boat was but I thought it was supposed to be a Japanese boat that was looking for the Americans on the island. When the Americans made a break for the sub in the cruiser the patrol boat fired on them to try and stop them. Actually I was looking at the cruiser and not paying all that much attention so I must have missed something there. I did have a lot of trouble trying to figure out how everybody made it off the cruiser alive with an explosion like that. pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:33 AM
Central Missouri,USA Along the banks of the Missouri River
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Umi, thanks for posting the link, I may be purchasing some plans soon.
tim slocum is offline Find More Posts by tim slocum
Old Aug 12, 2009, 01:10 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale
UMI I didn't think that at all. Big Bad Wolf and Bo Peep were the Brits wern't they? I don't recall what the patrol boat was but I thought it was supposed to be a Japanese boat that was looking for the Americans on the island. When the Americans made a break for the sub in the cruiser the patrol boat fired on them to try and stop them. Actually I was looking at the cruiser and not paying all that much attention so I must have missed something there. I did have a lot of trouble trying to figure out how everybody made it off the cruiser alive with an explosion like that. pete

Let me put it this way, They couldn't find a "Japanese" patrol boat, so the
studio used a Vosper for a stand in...
Sort of like when you watch Battle of the Bulge, the German tanks are all
late model American armor.

The only person on the cruiser was the Filthy Beast, Goody two shoes, and
the rest of her troops were waiting in the launch, "refinneJ", on the island.
They didn't come out till after the patrol boat was destoyed.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:17 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerominded
Er, is that 'code'?
Big Bad Wolf and Bow Peep= radio code names
Filthy Beast= Cary Grant
Goody Two Shoes= Lesli Caron
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:11 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,028 Posts
I need to see that movie again... it has been a while!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Aug 12, 2009, 02:11 PM
pharaoh,ok
Joined Jun 2005
295 Posts
hi pat,have you ever used the pro boat speed control before?i bought one about 2 months ago and put in a boat i built and used 2 7.2 batteries and when i fired it up the speed control smoked and caught fire,i talked to pro boat and they said in no such terms do not go over 12 volts like the instructions say.richard at mack products said he used them all the time but pro boat has made a change and they won't hold the voltage anymore.have you heard anything different?tom
tfbowen is online now Find More Posts by tfbowen
Old Aug 12, 2009, 06:24 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,731 Posts

We used Pro Boat speed control in many of our power packages, even the twin engine set ups like for the PT-109, running with twin 7.2 volt battery packs in series, netting 14.4 volts with the BEC switch on the speed control turned off.

Well to make a long story short, in recent shipments of the Pro Boat speed controls, problems have arisen when running with two 7.2 volt battery packs in series, in that the speed control will work for a short time and then stop. When the boat was retrieved and the power was disconnected and then connected again the speed control will again work, but again for a short time and then shut off.

The problem as I surmise, is that the components have been changed in the newer units making them much more voltage sensitive and will not handle any more than 12 volts input. I have been in contact with HORIZON HOBBY about the problem and have even put in a request for an upgrade on the speed control to handle (2) 7.2 volt battery packs in series to net 14.4 volt input to the speed control. I have not received a answer to my request on this matter as of yet.

We are one of the largest buyers of the speed control, from HORIZON, so we might have some pull in upping the voltage input to the speed control design.

For now however the maximum voltage input for the Pro Boat speed control must be held at 12 volts. If you wish to run two 7.2 volts packs in series, we recommend that our customers move up to the #7110 Astro Flight speed control , which gives superior speed control response and with BEC circuit, but with a much higher price.

We are sorry for the unforeseen problems which have arisen on the recent Pro Boat speed controls, but the earlier production speed controls never had these problems. We still recommend the speed control for any
boat application up to 12 volts main power, for its low cost and also for itís being water proof.

All the MACK Power Packages which run the two 7.2 volt battery packs in series, have been upgraded with the #7110 Astro Flight speed control and the prices raised accordingly.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg