HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2004, 05:17 PM
Crash frequency declining
Copenhagen, Denmark
Joined Jul 2003
243 Posts
Chooing between the FSK Spitfire or FW190 two questions

So im hooked... But im having trouble choosing between the Flying Styro Spitfire or FW190.

Is it possible to mount retracts on the spitfire (as it is on the FW190)?

It seems (from the hobby lobby videos) that the spitfire is a better flyer than the FW190, is this a correct observation (im meerly jugding from the role where the spit seems better)?

Thanks
KasperE is offline Find More Posts by KasperE
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:07 AM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
KasperE

>>Is it possible to mount retracts on the spitfire (as it is on the FW190)?<<

Actually both models have the provision to add removeable landing gear for static display. Neither one has landing gear that is really designed for flying. That said, I think that the FW190 would be possible to fly with the gear.

While retracts might be possible, it would not be easy on either model. Both models fly very well, but I think that the 190 holds a slight edge over the Spit. The 190 is very solid in the air, feels like a much larger model than it is.

Good luck, you really can't go wrong,

Mike Hines
Hiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hiflyer