SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

FatShark Teleporter V3 w/Camera and 5.8G TX

An introductory pair of Fatshark goggles from Hobbyking includes everything to get you started in FPV.

Splash

Perfect for those looking to get started in FPV

The “Teleporter V3” kit sets a new level of value in the FPV world with Fat Shark renowned performance and quality. The fun of FPV is experienced firsthand through the large screen FPV headset with integrated NexwaveRF receiver technology while simultaneously recording onboard HD footage with the included “PilotHD” camera.

The “Teleporter V3” kit comes complete with everything you need to step into the cockpit of your FPV vehicle. We’ve included our powerful 250mW 5.8Ghz transmitter, 25 degree FOV headset (largest QVGA display available), the brand new “PilotHD” camera with live AV out and all the cables, antennas and connectors needed.

Contents:

• TeleporterV3 FPV QVGA headset in zipper carry case
  • FPV Downlink (PilotHD camera, 250mW transmitter, antenna, filtered balance lead)
  • Antennae (headset and transmitter)
  • RCA terminated AV cable
  • Headset battery with RC charger adapter cable
  • Manual

Specifications

• Headset: 25 degree FOV QVGA (320x240 lines) display with integrated 5.8ghz NexwaveRF receiver (-90dBm)
  • Camera: 1/2.5" 5MP 720p 30fps 15Mps HD camera with live AV out
  • Transmitter: 250mW 5G8 7 channel switch regulated up to 4S input
  • Antenna: 3dBi dipole (recommend upgrade to SpiroNET circular polarized, see related items)
  • Head tracker: None
  • Filtered balance lead: Supply up to 4S to transmitter (2S, 3S and 4S connectors)
  • Battery: 760mAh 7.4V dog boned shape with balance lead adapter

Link to product

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Aug 12, 2013 at 03:05 PM..

Discussion

Old Aug 12, 2013, 04:05 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,036 Posts
what is the range?
TMAC4123 is online now Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 04:15 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,003 Posts
range will always vary depending on relative humidity, noise floor, your aircraft setup and proximity to rf emitting electronics, etc.

With that said, given the 3dbi dipoles and 250mw vtx, Id guess you could go through 1000 feet distance, maybe a bit more. In the specs they recommend upgrading to a pair of omni antennas. People regularly see distances over 1 mile with a pair of omnis and a decent setup.
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:05 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
947 Posts
Doctor,

Is the IPD the same as the other offerings from Fat Shark. Is it adjustable? Jon Favreau and I suffer the same affliction... a big head. My IPD is greater than 70 mm. this made the early versions of video glasses problematic.
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Aug 13, 2013, 09:16 AM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,271 Posts
Besides the recording camera, is there a difference between this set and the predator V2?

It seems like that for $100 cheaper, you are getting this setup with a stronger transmitter than the predator system. Maybe this 'is' a predator V3.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:42 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,387 Posts
I have kinda been hoping that they would improve on the dominators by now; all the releases in the last year seem to have little or no improvement in resolution.

I still love the Doms, just curious when we might see a true HD version.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:47 AM
Joined May 2012
1,271 Posts
I know what you mean. The 'Immersion RC' predator's are hardly 'immersive' when you are flying. People see the onboard videos later and say 'wow'. Then they look at the picture in the goggles and are like - 'that what you see when you fly?!?'

I definitely want a wider field of view on my next set.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:53 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
I know what you mean. The 'Immersion RC' predator's are hardly 'immersive' when you are flying. People see the onboard videos later and say 'wow'. Then they look at the picture in the goggles and are like - 'that what you see when you fly?!?'

I definitely want a wider field of view on my next set.
bigger seems like it would be easier to do, I would rather have better resolution and possibly a way to adjust focus without the use of the diopters.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Aug 14, 2013, 09:02 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,794 Posts
arent these goggles only 320 dpi?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 14, 2013, 09:28 PM
Joined May 2012
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
arent these goggles only 320 dpi?
I didn't notice that before. The Predator v2 is 640 X 480. I think you found the difference between the two.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:59 AM
Joined May 2009
503 Posts
So when will their Attitude HD be ready ? super low res QVGA makes no sense as a "new product".
Himalaya is offline Find More Posts by Himalaya
Old Aug 15, 2013, 07:13 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,003 Posts
I think you guys are forgetting, our downlinks are not HD... they are analog. Its cold-war era technology in the 640x480 line range. Ever hooked your flight camera and vtx/rx up to an HD tv? It looks pretty poor, because its a low-res analog signal. Yes, HD downlinks are coming, but not yet affordable and practical.

I agree that 320 dpi is a bit low; the Dominators 640x480 resolution looks fantastic. But these goggles were apparently designed to be sold at a lower price point with included gear for newbies. Would it be better if everyone started off with the best resolution? Sure. But with clarity comes a higher price tag that some cant justify...
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:43 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
I think you guys are forgetting, our downlinks are not HD... they are analog. Its cold-war era technology in the 640x480 line range. Ever hooked your flight camera and vtx/rx up to an HD tv? It looks pretty poor, because its a low-res analog signal. Yes, HD downlinks are coming, but not yet affordable and practical.

I agree that 320 dpi is a bit low; the Dominators 640x480 resolution looks fantastic. But these goggles were apparently designed to be sold at a lower price point with included gear for newbies. Would it be better if everyone started off with the best resolution? Sure. But with clarity comes a higher price tag that some cant justify...
hooking up your anolog signal to a modern HD TV is not a good comparison because the image is being upscaled by the TV. Low res analog video always looks horrid on a modern TV. Try hooking up your video system to an old tube TV and you can see the true potential of analog video, its really not too bad, but digital monitors don't do analog systems any justice.
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Old Aug 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,772 Posts
I just purchased this set up as my first FPV, as I had been trying to figure out what components I needed to get a setup together, and could not get any hard answers. I am sure this is just a starting point with FPV, and it is most likely not the best of anything, but a place to start. I think better antennas will be the first thing I buy for this, by the sound of it. I was planning on starting off using this on an old slow stick I have, as it is slow, and easy to fly. Does that sound like a good first platform for this?---------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Aug 20, 2013, 09:03 PM
Joined May 2012
1,271 Posts
People usually suggest large, slow flying planes - perhaps something with a dihedral/self leveling. But for FPV, I don't think that 'flying the plane' is so much the issue as getting used to the small field of vision and disorientation. When I started, I had a little bit of motion sickness as well. I tended to over turn with planes because it was difficult to judge a 180 degree turn based on the trees and grass etc below. I started FPV on multicopters and still find them easier. I think I need to work on the camera angle on the plane. Oh yeah, this is about the goggles – I’m think they will be fine. The limited resolution might be more of a factor if you are using OSD, but there are so many other factors that make up a good FPV aircraft, I think as long as you have a strong video signal you will be ok. Get the spironet antennas for sure.