HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2013, 07:06 AM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
Question
Will HT8 work with DX7s, and what birds will bind with it?

Hello dear friends.

Actually, this is a question that combines many different threads, but i hope i am not totally wrong posting the question here.

I have long wanted to purchase a couple of the fine helis and quadcopters banggood.com is selling. The only thing that holds me back, is a transmitter related thing. I own a Spektrum DX7s. Will the "New HiSKY HT8 Adapter Module for JR Futaba Transmitters FBL100" (SKU059200) work with Spektrum DX7s? I know it says it only requaries a simulator port in order to work, but i have also come accross a couple of posts where people say it doesn't work with DX7s. Can someone clarify this?

If it does work with DX7s, will i be able to fly v911, v922, v959 and FBL80 with it connected to my Spektrum? You see those are the models i am mainly interested in at the moment, but i don't want more transmitters, especially when the i one i already own has all the menus i will need.

Thank you in advance.
FerDeLance is offline Find More Posts by FerDeLance
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:42 AM
Death before decaff
United States, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jun 2013
353 Posts
I'm actually interested in this myself. I have an mCPx and a V922 and have been looking at other birds, and would like to be able to fly them with a single transmitter. It would be nice if I could use a DX9 with the V922.
live4java is offline Find More Posts by live4java
Old Aug 21, 2013, 01:33 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,252 Posts
Yes. It's just like AnyLink. Works with any programmable radio.

Current models are HiSky and it's rebrand:

HiSky: FBL100, FBL90, FBL80, FBL70, FF120
Turnigy: FBL100, QBot Micro
WLToys: v922, v933, v944, v955
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 23, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Yes. It's just like AnyLink. Works with any programmable radio.

Current models are HiSky and it's rebrand:

Thank you for your reply.

Well, i guess this means i will only be looking at the WLToys V911-1 i have ordered among the HT8 module. The V959 isn't on the list either...

Maybe if i deside to buy the FBL80...

In any case, i will update this info when the items arrive and do the test.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
I received both the v-911-1 and the HT8 module today. The module is semi-compatible with the DX7s. By this i mean that it seems to work ok, but only using the internal module battery, because the module's power supply plug, has a much bigger diameter than DX7s power plug.

Further more, just like is already written a couple of posts above this, i didn't manage to bind to the v911-1 using the HT8 module and the DX7s. I will have to purchase yet another Tx...

But overall is a good looking and quality module, and i suppose i will probably purchase a v933 too to make use of it...
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:42 AM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
I borrowed a v922 from a friend of mine. I easily made the bird bind to the ΗΤ-8 module, but i can't make it to work properly with any settings. I have reversed the throttle channel as it was obvious it needed to be reversed. Other that that, i have tryed all possible servo configurations (from 1 servo normal, to 3 servo 140), none seems to be working correctly and all servos move abnormally, in small steps, and with a big delay.

That exact result we had trying the module with my friends 9channel JR tx. Both tx's (mine is a DX7s), behaved in the same manner, which means either we do something wrong, or maybe the module isn't working correctly.

The back light is red, as it sould be with the JR and Spektrum txs. I have run out of ideas, any help would be useful. Thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 09:59 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2013
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerDeLance View Post
I borrowed a v922 from a friend of mine. I easily made the bird bind to the ΗΤ-8 module, but i can't make it to work properly with any settings. I have reversed the throttle channel as it was obvious it needed to be reversed. Other that that, i have tryed all possible servo configurations (from 1 servo normal, to 3 servo 140), none seems to be working correctly and all servos move abnormally, in small steps, and with a big delay.

That exact result we had trying the module with my friends 9channel JR tx. Both tx's (mine is a DX7s), behaved in the same manner, which means either we do something wrong, or maybe the module isn't working correctly.

The back light is red, as it sould be with the JR and Spektrum txs. I have run out of ideas, any help would be useful. Thank you.
This happens sometimes with binding the HT8 to the 922; try re-binding the HT8 module to the 922 a couple more times and make sure that the antenna is close to the receiver. It should work after a couple of attempts.

Please let me know if this doesn't work and I'll get the engineers on-board to figure out a solution for you.
HiSky_Official is offline Find More Posts by HiSky_Official
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2013, 03:22 PM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSky_Official View Post
This happens sometimes with binding the HT8 to the 922; try re-binding the HT8 module to the 922 a couple more times and make sure that the antenna is close to the receiver. It should work after a couple of attempts.

Please let me know if this doesn't work and I'll get the engineers on-board to figure out a solution for you.
Thank you for your reply. I was late to answer, because i wanted to do some more testing before answering.

We tested the module also with a six channel futaba, and we had the same results. Today I got my hands on a second v922. I bind to it several times, making sure the antenna was as close as possible to the helis receiver. The best result i got, was to have almost smooth servo movement (but not smooth enough to make it flyable). Even then, the tail motor did not work at all, and it only worked when rotating the heli by hand. Of course the new v922 was perfectly flyable with its own TX.

Seeing that most people don't seem to have any issues, and because of the fact we used a total of three different TXs, and two different v922s, i would say that the module is faulty.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:44 AM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
There are other people having issues like yours, myself and a few others have posted about our problems in the fbl80 thread.
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:44 AM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy|Harry View Post
There are other people having issues like yours, myself and a few others have posted about our problems in the fbl80 thread.
Thank you for the info. I read the other thread too, i tried the "cycle power" trick too, mentioned in that thread, but i didn't manage to make it work no matter what i did.

Well, i did all i could, it's probably faulty...
Old Oct 26, 2013, 04:11 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
It may be a faulty module, but I'm at the point of thinking it's most likely a firmware issue in how the ht8 deals with the Jr/spektrum ppm stream, especially the 7ch and up models, and don't hold your breath for any help from hisky as they never even answered one of my emails, hopefully your seller will refund your money, unfortunately my seller decided to blame me for causing the problem by plugging in the battery while the heli was upside down and moving about while it initialised :/

Phil
Old Oct 27, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy|Harry View Post
It may be a faulty module, but I'm at the point of thinking it's most likely a firmware issue in how the ht8 deals with the Jr/spektrum ppm stream, especially the 7ch and up models, and don't hold your breath for any help from hisky as they never even answered one of my emails, hopefully your seller will refund your money, unfortunately my seller decided to blame me for causing the problem by plugging in the battery while the heli was upside down and moving about while it initialised :/

Phil

I purchased the module via Internet, it isn't an expensive piece of technology, it would probably cost more to sent it back and receive a new one. I only wish it would work. Now as for excuses from various sellers, i have heard plenty myself. From "You have opened the wrap" to the masterpiece of excuses "You have used it", as if you could ever know it was faulty before using it.

To speak the truth, the site i have bought it from, has replaced a faulty item before (an optical mouse), and they are kind and polite, but i don't feel like asking for a replacement this time. I don't own a heli that can be flown with HT-8 anyway, i was planning to buy one soon after.
Old Nov 04, 2013, 02:05 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
Hey bud I found out today that its possible the newer v1.4 transmitter modules have corrected the problems I was having with my Jr 9x TX, (i say possible only as it may be that my original module was faulty, but as it was functional apart from the swash drift on the heli i'm inclined to think it was a firmware issue rather than a hardware fault) so perhaps you can ask your seller to replace your module with a newer version. jfyi the module I had problems with was a v1.3, also here is where to find the module version

And I can recommend a fbl80/v933 to use with the ht8/wl-t6 module as from what i've seen so far with my own one it is shaping up to be a cracking little heli

Phil
Old Nov 04, 2013, 11:09 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,216 Posts
I got this in hopes to use my DX8 to fly my WLtoys V252, but it doesn't seem to bind. Doesn't work with the V2X2 models, maybe?
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Nov 05, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Aug 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
I got this in hopes to use my DX8 to fly my WLtoys V252, but it doesn't seem to bind. Doesn't work with the V2X2 models, maybe?
As Daryoon wrote, the module is compatible with:

As for the board i opened the back case of mine and it is identical to the one above.