HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2001, 04:33 PM
Ft.Gibson, OK
Joined May 2001
47 Posts
Never buy anything from slowflyers.com!

I just ordered a mixer from slowflyers.com. The site says nothing about how much the shipping costs are or approximents. I emailed him and ask him how much shipping would be for 3 day ups. I waited 3 days and no answer. I had to have it by soon and couldnt find it anywhere else for this price so I THOUGHT i was getting a good deal. It arrived today and the shipping was 10 dollars. I was kind of shocked that an 6 by 7 inch 5 ounce box costs 10 dollars to ship. Well I called and a man answerd the phone and was VERY rude. I told him the story and I didnt get the mixer in the time I needed and I went to UPS website and ups 3 day for that package should only be 5 bucks, he was tacky and said there is nothing he could do about it and shipping starts at 10 dollars for anything. FINE then say so on your site! Can we say scam! Dont sacrifice your service just to make a couple bucks off shipping. And inform your buyers and answer emails.
gassyanimal is offline Find More Posts by gassyanimal
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2001, 05:26 PM
These go to eleven...
Hickory, NC
Joined Jan 2001
446 Posts
Noted!
dstout is offline Find More Posts by dstout
Old Dec 06, 2001, 05:53 PM
Worcester, MA.
Joined Nov 2001
1,408 Posts
Gassy,

Went to their page and looked it over...

Found a page with instructions about ordering online. At the bottom it shows a theoretical invoice, and under shipping it says "TBD" (to be determined).

Did you check your invoice after filling out the order form, but before you actually placed the order?

If you did and it still said TBD; then I'd be angry too.

Dennis-
DBCherry is offline Find More Posts by DBCherry
Old Dec 06, 2001, 07:32 PM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
that is a good way to not make any sales!

There are plenty of business on here who do know how to treat you right!
No reason for gouging like that!
Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phone number change.
Old Dec 06, 2001, 09:13 PM
Professional Goofball
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2000
1,001 Posts
This happens all the time, just look on ebay and you will see the shipping and handling scams throughout. If a site does not clearly state shipping costs Do Not Order from that company. Most places who offer prices that seem really low are making up the low cost through higher shipping and handling prices.

No Shipping Price = No Order

Jeffrey Park
Orange County Aeronauts
www.microflight.org
OCModels
www.geocities.com/ocmodels
OCModels is offline Find More Posts by OCModels
Old Dec 06, 2001, 09:31 PM
Bloomington, MN
Joined May 2001
112 Posts
I hope someone from Slowflyers.com reads this!

If someone from slowflyers.com reads this thread, take a look at the page of the forum containing this thread. Note how many times this thread has been read! Bear in mind that that number might as well be doubled, for people reading this thread will pass on the information contained here.>(

I checked. . . Slowflyers.com is in the E-Zone commercial links. Well, that might drum up business from people who [b]haven't[\b]seen this thread. But, unless someone from Slowflyers.com speaks up to apologize to gassyanimal and put the policy up front on the website, this thread has killed any business you might have gotten from us!

BTW: Pictures with the associated planes would help stir up business, too. I never buy something I cannot see.
J Cubed is offline Find More Posts by J Cubed
Old Dec 06, 2001, 09:34 PM
Strange Plane Central
Poway (near San Diego), CA US
Joined Dec 2000
1,884 Posts
Your credit card company may be able to help you.
Don't wait too long to do it though.
frankenfoamy is offline Find More Posts by frankenfoamy
Old Dec 06, 2001, 10:23 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
I hate to say it but I'm having trouble getting some stuff I ordered from RadicalRC. I sent Dave a Paypal Payment back on November 15 for (1) GWS R4-P Receiver & (1) ICS-50 Speed Control. Well, it's December 6 & have received nothing. I'm having trouble getting any Email response from him, Is this stuff on Backorder? I don't know & he won't say, guess I will have to call him tommorrow.
-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Dec 06, 2001, 11:57 PM
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,526 Posts
mrebman,

If you ever get bad sevice from dave, I would be SHOCKED AND AMAZED. I have made several orders from him, very polite on the phone, very professional. He told me my steal of a shipping cost and sent my eqiptment to me all the way up here in CANADA in 2.... thats right.. 2 days flat!!!

Now on the other hand, Bill Griggs is another story. I placed an order with him for a DC1717 for my completed todd long tiny. I waited a month. after SEVERAL tries to contact him I finally got him to check about the order.... HE HADENT EVEN SENT IT!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM BILL GRIGGS MODELS!!!!!!!

Dave, your the BEST!
Paul Penney is offline Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Old Dec 07, 2001, 12:33 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
Moved to Consumer Advocacy

OK Guys, and ladies. I know this bothers you and so it should. But it is up to the buyer to check out shipping BEFORE the order is placed. Read Jeffs post for a smart shopping tip.

Now if the order is wrong, that is something that needs to be addressed. And being rude is not the way to fix it.

The Links are not advertizers here. They are just businesses who cater to the EP end of it.

I to would be very surprized if Dave did something wrong. I have got a few things from Radical and have ALWAYS been very satisfied!

This is off to Consumer Advocacy, but I will leave a link.

FB
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Dec 07, 2001, 12:50 AM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,760 Posts
Radical RC A+++++

Sometimes Dave can take a few days to respond to email, especially if he's out of town. It then takes him a bit to catch back up. Please note he does state this clearly on his web page.
Bear in mind he, like most of the other "good vendors", are small operations and do much of the work themselves.
I KNOW you'll get your stuff. It may be out of stock. Call him if you're concerned. He will get back to you.
Most important thing to know is you don't have to worry about Dave & Radical RC. I've ordered several times without any problems whatsoever. Sometimes it took a bit, but that was usually when NO ONE ELSE had the stuff I wanted either. Certainly not at the price Dave offers and especially at only $2.00 for shipping!
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Last edited by Mauilvr; Dec 07, 2001 at 02:25 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2001, 02:18 AM
CA
Joined May 2001
51 Posts
S&H

Check out this page for shipping and handling information.
Jer
http://www.slowflyers.com/shipping.html
Kilowatt is offline Find More Posts by Kilowatt
Old Dec 07, 2001, 12:01 PM
pushing both extremes
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2001
567 Posts
I had a very poor experience with Radical RC too. I emailed in an order for several battery packs, and it took three weeks to get them. It turns out that Dave had been at several shows during that time. When I politely suggested that he toss in a complimentary battery pack to account for the delay, he got all mad and claimed the delay was my fault for providing incorrect credit card information. Not professional at all IMHO. Lost my business on that one.

- Zoom -
Zoom is offline Find More Posts by Zoom
Old Dec 07, 2001, 12:03 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
I have never had a problem previously ordering from dave, there must be a good reason I have not gotten the stuff. I will give him a call.
-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Dec 07, 2001, 12:19 PM
oakdale, ny, usa
Joined Aug 2000
3,985 Posts
Dave has been very good in processing and following up on my orders. His shipping prices are good too.
poobs is offline Find More Posts by poobs