SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Apr 2013
5 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix RC Max Pilots setting in multiplayer

When creating a multiplayer session in Phoenix RC there are 'Maximum pilots' settings for 2D and 3D. Does 2D and 3D refer to the type of flying site or does it refer to the type of aircraft?
Pville211 is offline Find More Posts by Pville211
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2013, 02:26 AM
Joined Feb 2013
172 Posts
2D means flying normally, like a full-sized helicopter, while 3D means acrobatic flying, upside down and such - things that a real-life full-sized helicopter cannot do without crashing.
hover_hound is offline Find More Posts by hover_hound
Old Aug 03, 2013, 11:34 AM
Joined Apr 2013
5 Posts
I appreciate the fast response. I understand 2d versus 3D aircraft. My question was what 2D and 3D mean in the context of multiplayer settings.

I found the answer in the options.sim file:

options.multiplayer_maxPilots_pano = 8
options.multiplayer_maxPilots_3d = 8
options.multiplayer_3d_terrain_size = 3

Pano means panorama. When I changed the 2D max pilots setting in the multiplayer setup window the options.sim file reflected the new setting.

3D means Infinityscape. Changing the 3D max pilots setting resulted in a like change in the options.sim file.

Interpreting 3D as Infinityscape was corroborated by changing settings in the multiplayer setup window that resulted in matching updates in the options.sim file.
Pville211 is offline Find More Posts by Pville211