HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2013, 09:38 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
Blade Nano qx wont lift

My new blade nano qx will not lift off the ground. I am new to this hobby.
Please, any help appreciated.

Nano qx won't lift (0 min 25 sec)

I reset all the trim. The blade are on right side up and in the correct position as far as I can tell.
danrothwell is offline Find More Posts by danrothwell
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2013, 04:36 PM
United States, GA, Suwanee
Joined Aug 2008
22 Posts
Was the battery charged up completely?
Did you put it on a flat, level surface within a few seconds of connecting the battery?
What transmitter are you using?

I had the same problem a minute ago after I'd swapped the yellow for green props. Turns out I put them on the wrong motors. so maybe you need to swap them.
dcom is offline Find More Posts by dcom
Last edited by dcom; Aug 02, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2013, 05:24 PM
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Hold it your hand while giving throttle. Do all 4 props push air down?
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Aug 02, 2013, 06:10 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
BRAND new to this as well, but just in that short amount of time I learned that even the slightest damage to the props can cause enough issues to keep the little guy grounded. A trick i learned on the forum is to hold it upside down. Throttle up (In SAFE mode) just a little bit and slowly tilt the nano from side to side. The lowest engine should be the only one operating as it is trying to right itself. Doing this can help you find which engine or prop is giving you problems. It just sound SO different than the others. Anytime I have any problems, its the first thing that I do. I have always been able to determine which prop is giving me problems.
Malzurog is offline Find More Posts by Malzurog
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:06 AM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Jul 2013
670 Posts
It is the props. I had this yesterday and figured out the problem - it's a fairly easy fix, actually.

The problem is that the 'weak' props have lost their pitch angle. Take a good prop, and hold it against something bright with one blade facing your eye. See the 'X' shape made by the two blades? Now look at your 'bad' prop. You'll find that the 'X' is much shallower.

To fix, simply grip the blades close to the hub, then twist them in the appropriate direction. Get it to match the 'good' prop as much as possible.

Don't bother twisting further for a deeper angle hoping for better lift - I tried that, and, while it flew, it vibrated like crazy and I overstressed the hub plastic.

While you're at it, make sure the curve at the tip of each blade is the same as that tends to flatten out with crashes. Do this AFTER smoothing out any nicks with your fingernails.
LMahesa is online now Find More Posts by LMahesa