HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2013, 01:22 PM
United States, NY, Lewiston
Joined Apr 2011
323 Posts
Help!
Flap programming with ATX RDS8000

I'm trying to figure out how to set up flaps and crow for a 6-channel (Victory) sailplane on an Airtronics RDS8000. Normally, flaps go on channel 6 but I had to plug my second aileron servo in there, leaving me to plug my flaps (two servos on a Y harness) into throttle. Does this mean I can't use the 3-position flaps feature, on the "flap" switch? I want to be able to set 3 flap positions....slightly reflexed up, straight, and slightly down, on the flap switch, and then use the throttle stick to get flaps and crow for landings. The radio manual says something about the throttle stick controlling flaps and crow in the "landing mode", but other than that it's not much help. How are you guys setting up your programs on this radio?
theghosttanker is offline Find More Posts by theghosttanker
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2013, 04:22 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,043 Posts
http://www.rcheliguy.com/global/airt...ne%20Setup.pdf
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Aug 02, 2013, 01:52 PM
United States, NY, Lewiston
Joined Apr 2011
323 Posts
very helpful, but not exactly what I want. I'm still having trouble getting flaps down without having ailerons crow....and I'm running my flaps on a y-harness.
theghosttanker is offline Find More Posts by theghosttanker
Old Aug 02, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Oct 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theghosttanker View Post
very helpful, but not exactly what I want. I'm still having trouble getting flaps down without having ailerons crow....and I'm running my flaps on a y-harness.
I don't know the mixing capabilities of your radio. If the mixing are poor, or imposible to use as is the case with FPV-RTH, you can use a mixer.
In my case I have a EagleTree OSD that make imposible to use mixing with the autopilot, so I programmed a mixer with a miniarduino board (mixer). If you have programming experience is fairly easy to build. Other posibilities is to use a convencional mixer, although then you can't use the flaps for thermalling (well, depends on the mixing capabilities of your emitter)
jcabetas is offline Find More Posts by jcabetas
Old Aug 02, 2013, 06:03 PM
United States, MA, Grafton
Joined May 2006
338 Posts
Just guessing here based on my old RD6000, but here's a go:
1. Plug flaps into throttle channel
2, Per manual (p. 44?) , set flaps EPA to zero if you don't want aileron-flap coupling
3. either use throttle trim button to adjust flaps, or
3. physically exchange the 3-position flap switch and the 2-position gear switch, and mix gear to throttle

Maybe someone else can suggest something better
tom1968 is offline Find More Posts by tom1968