SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 06, 2004, 05:55 AM
Delft, Netherlands
Joined Jul 2001
233 Posts
Ariane V10

Okay, this is it then: my first thread.
After over a year of only reading posts on RC-groups, I now made up my mind to start a thread and become part of the discussions here.
I'll start off with my most recent project, the Ariane V10. I've been slobbering over this plane for 2 years (it's soooo beautiful) and finally scraped enough euro's together and ordered this baby. Got it the day before Christmas. What a gift, only I payed for it myself...
Also, there is so little info on the web on the V10 that I feel the urge to do something about this.
This V10 was intended as a serious upgrade to the Robbe Impression I've been flying for two seasons.
I'm going to use the Kontronik FUN600-32 4.2:1, the motor I had in my Impression, and ordered a Hacker Master 105 to go with it. The FUN600 had a Smile 50-6-18 with it in the Impression. It gave vertical to the Impression with a 14x9.5 Robbe CFK prop and 14 unpushed RC2400 cells. This kit weighed 2350 grams.
Anyway, I ordered a 14x13 competition prop with the Ariane, and am going to use 11x1950FAUP cells P&M, ordered from Hopf.
Main reason for these cells: NO WAY I could get a ten cell sub-C pack in the plane together with the 105! This plane is VERY tight.
This it for now, my lunchbreak is over. I'll be back and will probably post some pics too in the next few days.

See ya,

Bert
Dekker is offline Find More Posts by Dekker
Last edited by Dekker; Feb 06, 2004 at 06:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2004, 09:14 AM
Skodsborg, Denmark
Joined Jan 2001
208 Posts
It is tight, but it is possible to fit a HackerB50S, Master controller and 10*sub-c.
The cells is assembled as one stick with 6 cells, and one stick with 4 cells, something like this ====--
ClausT is offline Find More Posts by ClausT
Old Feb 06, 2004, 01:23 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,464 Posts
This is a great glider , I love mine and I fit 10 2000 Sanyo scr . Two stick of five but , with a 3 cm wire @ the end to play with the cells . Is a perfect fit . For motor I have a Kontronic 10 cells FAI motor and ESC . 15/15 prop .
bidule is online now Find More Posts by bidule
Old Feb 06, 2004, 02:46 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
Congratulations, Bert! Please share some photos -- of the ship and perhaps some of your construction (assembly) steps. I'll have to live vicariously through you. Enjoy!
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Old Feb 06, 2004, 02:46 PM
Delft, Netherlands
Joined Jul 2001
233 Posts
ClausT,

First idea I had was to put the esc directly behind the motor, in the upper part of the fuse. Is this how you fitted the esc? Problem here was the extreme small space left for the wiring.
I should mention the FUN600 is about the same size as a hacker B50L, wich makes it about 10mm longer than a B50S So, this idea was no option, as I wouldn't dare shorten the motor wires.
The fuse is designed for a thinner Kontronik esc, that lies on top of the battery pack, at a longer distance from the motor. This puts the esc about halfway under the wing. A recess in the bottom of the wing makes it possible to fit the wing to the fuse.
As the Hacker esc is quite a bit thicker then the Kontronik, the recess is not deep enough to mount it in the same way. That's why I decided to go with the thinner 1950FAUP cells. Nice extra is the weight reduction and the possibility to put an extra cell in. Each 11cell pack weighs 444grams. Total kit weight is 1580 grams.
Old Feb 06, 2004, 03:26 PM
Delft, Netherlands
Joined Jul 2001
233 Posts
Ok, time for some pics. By the way, this V10 has an all carbon wing and kevlar fuse. This is how they are produced since a couple of months now. Let's start with the beautiful transport box, the modell came in (costs extra ).
Inlcuded with the box is a CG balancer and two templates for measuring the controll throws.
This is the left side...
Last edited by Dekker; Feb 06, 2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2004, 03:31 PM
Delft, Netherlands
Joined Jul 2001
233 Posts
Box righthand side...
Note the way the V-tail is mounted, very neat.
Old Feb 06, 2004, 03:36 PM
Delft, Netherlands
Joined Jul 2001
233 Posts
This is a very nice, all carbon, curvateous wing, only 6,5% thickness. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it's picture on the internet about 2 years ago. The black lines at the ailerons are caused by the carbon skins underneath.
Old Feb 06, 2004, 03:37 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
I now have the worst case of airplane envy I've ever suffered. You're a lucky man! Keep us posted on flights and performance.
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Old Feb 06, 2004, 03:46 PM
Delft, Netherlands
Joined Jul 2001
233 Posts
These are the FAUP1950, 11 cell packs I'm going to use. I got 3 of them. At the moment they are getting their first charge at 300mAh. Boy, this takes long...
You can see the way I mounted the HM105 esc. To insert the pack, I have to rotate the esc to one side. The esc is soldered to the motor, leaving 15mm of flexible wiring on the controller, to make this rotation possible.
Old Feb 06, 2004, 04:31 PM
"HE CRASHES"
Hasbrouck Hts, New Jersey , United States
Joined Oct 2000
974 Posts
I want that box for my V11!!!!

Mike
GoodTill is offline Find More Posts by GoodTill
Old Feb 06, 2004, 04:42 PM
sr. janitorial engineer
fairfax, va
Joined Oct 2003
397 Posts
that is nice..!!!!! does shredair provide a case for their planes as well?
geng is offline Find More Posts by geng
Old Feb 06, 2004, 05:11 PM
Baden Baden, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GoodTill
I want that box for my V11!!!!

Mike
Just have a look here:

http://www.carbon-vertrieb.com/pdf/32_pdf_preise.pdf

Just look for the keyword "Transportkiste".

Eike
plinse is offline Find More Posts by plinse
Last edited by plinse; Feb 06, 2004 at 05:14 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2004, 05:16 PM
"HE CRASHES"
Hasbrouck Hts, New Jersey , United States
Joined Oct 2000
974 Posts
Yes I had seen it listed in there catalog, but I never actually saw a picture of it. I have sent Dieter a link to this thread. Maybe he can get some with his next order. 40 euros is not bad, its the shipping that going to kill us.

Mike
GoodTill is offline Find More Posts by GoodTill
Old Feb 06, 2004, 07:17 PM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
My gliders live to this day in the shipping boxes Dieter provided. Only carboard but with bubble wrap covers for the wings what more is required?
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch