Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
MXS R Maiden Video (7 min 27 sec)
flybrain is offline Find More Posts by flybrain
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2013, 03:25 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2 Posts
The center of gravity of the airplane as set out in a schedule?
okybs is offline Find More Posts by okybs
Old Oct 07, 2013, 10:47 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
c of g

Yes I used c of g point from the manual which was 100mm from leading edge at fuselage. This at least seemed to be a good starting point. Just to update this plane took quite a hard blow nose first and came away with very little damage. A cracked cowling and wheel pant and broken rudder when plane flipped over on it's back. Cause was radio went into failsafe so It went to idle and unfortunatly just made it to the landing field instead of going down in tall grass just short of field. Need to change antenna location and fix up some medal on metal control wires on choke and throttle. Will fly again just have not had time to repair yet. For as hard as it hit it came away quite well so these are fairly well built models. Live and learn on things that will cause radio interference. Just seemed odd to go as many flights as it did before failsafe kicked in, although I had just changed choke rod and went from nylon clevis to 90 degree bend witha quick link. That might be all it took?
Old Nov 03, 2013, 10:05 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jun 2011
136 Posts
... sorry, it was not right posting on someone else build log.
MarLi is online now Find More Posts by MarLi
Last edited by MarLi; Nov 04, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2013, 04:52 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jun 2011
136 Posts
flybrain are you still there ?
How is your plane coming ?
Mine after maiden with the 2S 91 I decided to go gas and I am waiting on a DLE-20RA from tower. Should be not so difficult to refit.

cheers,
MarLi
MarLi is online now Find More Posts by MarLi
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:25 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
MarLi sorry My old computer finally crapped out so I didn't have one for a while. Anyway I am not familiar with which make of model you have there or what wingspan etc. but on my plane at a 65" wingspan seemed to handle a 30cc quite well. I balanced only using battery and where I placed radio equipment. also I used stock cg from plans. On maiden actually needed down trim and still seemed to like to float on landings. After a small incident when my radio went into failsafe I have made repairs and this plane really does fly quite well and I am happy with the way it turned out. I think if I would have used my 20cc it would also have had more than enough power with a little bit of weight saving. Either way would have been fine.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 02:52 AM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined May 2013
54 Posts
I just received mxsr form hobbyhobby but there wasnt any pushrods included only for ailerons. Was is the same with yours? I will set it up for a saito 125 since i have one laying around. What servos are you using in yours? I am thinking about savox sc 0252 mg.
Could you please tell me what size cf tube did you buy?
Thanks
SLoViper is offline Find More Posts by SLoViper
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:45 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLoViper View Post
I just received mxsr form hobbyhobby but there wasnt any pushrods included only for ailerons. Was is the same with yours? I will set it up for a saito 125 since i have one laying around. What servos are you using in yours? I am thinking about savox sc 0252 mg.
Could you please tell me what size cf tube did you buy?
Thanks
The push rods are in the tail wheel bag if it was like mine. Regardless, they were to long and just made my own. Putting a saito FG-21 in mine.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:14 AM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined May 2013
54 Posts
How do you think is should mount the engine since the manual isnt that clear.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 01:16 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLoViper View Post
How do you think is should mount the engine since the manual isnt that clear.
Mounting my fg 21 sideways with head to the right. 125 is basically the same as mine in a nitro version. Using the existing aluminum tube on my bird because I know I won't stress it out with extreme flying.
Last edited by gewiens; Dec 27, 2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:01 AM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined May 2013
54 Posts
I will use the same tube as i wont be doing any extreme aerobatics with it. Are you using the tank that came with it or are you putting something else in. I am thinking of putting a dubro 16oz.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:22 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Ha. Yep. I'm using the dubro tank also. Tried putting a gasoline plug in the original tank and it just pulls out.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:55 PM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined May 2013
54 Posts
How did you bolt the tail gear? The bolts that were included wuth mine were too big and i snapped the blind nut out trying to screw them in. I found the pushrods for the ailerons but there were none included for the tail section.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:09 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
I used the supplied screws for my tail wheel without a problem. You had no rods in the fuse at all? Mine were in the fuse in place out of the box.