HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2013, 02:55 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
240 Posts
the Beholder Lite also fits perfekt under the Blade 350 QX

Blade 350 QX with brushless Gimbal "TRD Beholder light" (2 min 48 sec)
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2013, 08:09 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
641 Posts
That is cool that it works under the new quad on the block. I was going to wait for one of those but decided to pick up a used quad instead. Here is just another flight in my yard. I tried a few different video settings and think I like the 2.7K 30fps the best. I am pretty pleased with this gimbal so far.

Beholder Lite Frontyard Flight 2.7K 30fps (4 min 23 sec)
markarch is online now Find More Posts by markarch
Old Oct 02, 2013, 08:12 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Is that with pro tune turned on?

It looks great.

How did you grade it to get those colors?
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Oct 02, 2013, 08:19 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
641 Posts
Thanks.
Protune is turned off. This video is straight out of the camera and then I just added the title and music in Power Director. I did not do any color modifications in the editing program. I am amazed at the colors as well. I think it is just the balance of natural light and shade in my yard that allows the colors to come out pretty good.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 03:25 AM
I can fly this plane
Kingdom of Sweden, Gävleborg County, Sandviken
Joined Jan 2012
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvP View Post
Hi have a short question to you all guys with GoPro.
Dont bother about the balance, is it just a check / test on my Phantom.
Have the right cable for power and video from Readymade RC, so i wondering if it should work to power GoPro without the battery in it ? made a test but it didn´t work so mabye its something wrong with the cable ?

Or just that simple that you have to have the battery inside GoPro.
If it is so shouldnt you see that the GoPro is charging in GoPro display ?

Best Regards
Soren
The old version of GoPro, 1 and 2, can be used without the battery attached. However on Hero3 only the white and silver edition can be operated without the battery. The black version needs the battery to function properly, at least so I am told by a representative at GoPro.
PinDuke is offline Find More Posts by PinDuke
Old Oct 03, 2013, 10:02 AM
SvP
Sweden, Stockholm County
Joined May 2011
184 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinDuke View Post
The old version of GoPro, 1 and 2, can be used without the battery attached. However on Hero3 only the white and silver edition can be operated without the battery. The black version needs the battery to function properly, at least so I am told by a representative at GoPro.
SvP is offline Find More Posts by SvP
Old Oct 04, 2013, 12:21 PM
Joined Jan 2011
58 Posts
More details on Beholder lite and Blade 350 QX

Teramax,

Do you have any more details on the install of the Beholder with the Blade 350. I'm really interested in getting the Blade instead of the Phantom, but I will only get it if I can mount a gimbal. So I'm really interested in how you did it, and if there are any gotcha's or issues? In other words, I'm interested in the, "Is it worth it? Maybe," part of your video... What's the scoop around the "maybe?" I assume some things you didn't like.

Also, I've seen ppl be able to adjust the pitch of camera on the gimbal using their radio... Can you do that with the Beholder on the 350 QX?
CoreyNach is offline Find More Posts by CoreyNach
Old Oct 04, 2013, 11:48 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
350 QX with Beholder lite gimbal

Giimbal test 1 (0 min 24 sec)

Worth it? I'm enjoying it.
Phatster is offline Find More Posts by Phatster
Old Oct 05, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined May 2013
27 Posts
I have a manual tilt control question.

I have my manual tilt pitch set to 90 degrees so that the camera can point straight down..

When my quad with gimbal is sitting on the floor and I plug it in, I can move the gimbal to the 90 degree position and it points straight down nicely..

But in flight, when I go to put the gimbal in the 90 degree position it wobbles and wiggles around like as if there is not enough power in the pitch motor..

I have set the pitch power higher than default.. Why is it that in flight it doesn't hold a 90 degree position but when not in flight it holds the position fine?

-Frank
Frankieplus is offline Find More Posts by Frankieplus
Old Oct 05, 2013, 07:24 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
641 Posts
I am continuing my setup tweaking and removed some dampeners from my gimbal mount. It helped remove a bit of jello that was still in the video in the brighter sunlight. This video is also comparing between the 2.7k and 1080 30fps settings.

beholder lite no cushions 2 7k vs 1080 30fps (3 min 52 sec)
Old Oct 06, 2013, 04:36 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
641 Posts
Flying around one of the local Amish School Houses. I have my GoPro Hero 3 Black and my Sony Action Cam mounted on my quad. The GoPro is mounted in my Beholder Lite gimbal and the Sony is hard mounted to the gimbal isolation plates. You can really see how effective the gimbal is between the two videos. The wind was about 10mph and you can see in the Sony video how much the quad was moving around. I am really liking the Beholder lite gimbal for smooth footage.
Amish School House (2 min 38 sec)
Old Oct 06, 2013, 04:47 PM
SvP
Sweden, Stockholm County
Joined May 2011
184 Posts
Board loose setup from GUI ???

Hi have this happening to anyone here ?
Where flying and from one moment to Another gimbal stop working.
When i got home i connect to GUI and Everything was zero ???
No values what so ever.

Anyone have a idea of what happening ?

Regards The Sweed
SvP is offline Find More Posts by SvP
Old Oct 06, 2013, 06:27 PM
Joined Aug 2013
14 Posts
Removal of rubber dampeners

Which dampeners did you remove? Could you be so kind as to show a photo of your gimbal mount?
Thanks, great video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
I am continuing my setup tweaking and removed some dampeners from my gimbal mount. It helped remove a bit of jello that was still in the video in the brighter sunlight. This video is also comparing between the 2.7k and 1080 30fps settings.

http://youtu.be/ElOrSrpPNuQ
TheEngineerer is offline Find More Posts by TheEngineerer
Old Oct 06, 2013, 06:55 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
641 Posts
I removed the velcro strap from the back of the isolator plates and a foam support from under the pitch motor mount. The setup is now just supported by the isolator plates that are in compression which helps a lot. The balls are all filled with ear plugs. I used to think that it was too loose but after these recent flights think it is pretty good.
Old Oct 06, 2013, 07:56 PM
Joined Jul 2005
315 Posts
Need Ideas On My Beholder Gimbal

Hi Fellows,

I put my Gimbal together, installed it on my custom mount and put it on my Hexa as you can see in the picture. Without ever hooking it to a computer, I powered up the gimbal on my work table, which is level. It initialized and leveled it's self in both axis's and set there solid as a rock, no noise of any kind and no vibrations at all for 30 minutes just to make sure nothing wasn't getting hot. I moved the Hexa around and watched the gimbal on at least three different occasions over the span of two days and not a sign of an issue.

I took it to the field this morning which is 18 miles away and 305 feet above my house in elevation. I set it on the table at the field and plugged up the gimbal and it went banana's, both motors were vibrating hard enough to be heard by every body there. I just turned it off and put it back in the truck. After a couple of hours of "bench flying" I took it home and set it back up on my work table and turned it on and it booted up and never made a sound or a vibration. Just to test it I hung a heavy USB cable on the camera, which pulled it down over 45 Deg's toward the table. I plugged the gimbal back up and it leveled out and sit there rock solid for over 30 Min's and no sign of any heat even holding the weight of the USB cable.

As a final note, during these tests nothing else on the Hexa was on, not even the GoPro.

Any Ideas?

UpDate: I loaded FlyKam's settings into the gimbal and it doesn't vibrate now.
capman231 is offline Find More Posts by capman231
Site Sponsor
Last edited by capman231; Oct 09, 2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Problem Solved