HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2004, 10:48 PM
argentina
Joined Feb 2004
13 Posts
Help!
piccolo pro !!!!!!!!! i need help (i speak spanish and i speak english not very well

HI, from argentina,,, hi, I want to know if my model " Feda model mixer and controller " has compatibility with Piccolo Pro ?.
I have a GWS piezo gyro PG-03 and a Feda mixer speed controller, all this
stuff will work with model piccolo pro ?, cause i want to buy the Piccolo Pro without mixer, radio, servos and gyro. I want to use all electronics of my dragon fly in the Piccolo Pro.
THANKS and im sorry i speak english not very well.-
mati1979 is offline Find More Posts by mati1979
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2004, 11:56 PM
"Simplify, then add lightness"
Raleigh,NC
Joined Nov 2000
2,701 Posts
Your English is very good, a lot better than my Spanish. I don't know what the current requirements are for the piccolo pro, and there is also no current spec for the feda mixer. I would guess that the feda board will handle no more than 8 amps. The pic pro probably uses more current than this, so the feda mixer might burn up. You could get an ICS-300 esc and a "Y" connector, and just use the feda mixer for the tail, but since the feda board has no adjustments, the mixing might not be exactly right for the pic pro.

Jeff
jeffs555 is offline Find More Posts by jeffs555
Old Feb 06, 2004, 12:53 AM
argentina
Joined Feb 2004
13 Posts
Thanks but >>>

can i fly piccolo pro "3D" with:
gws gyro pg-03 + 3 servos + ICS-300 (( + mixer Feda ??? )) + pack battery + radio skysport 4 channel ? I need some other thing? Thanks
Old Feb 06, 2004, 01:05 AM
Palm Beach, FL
Joined Jan 2004
903 Posts
Piccolo wont 3D with that gyro or radio. Honestly, it wont do much of anything with the stock motor either.
ChrisT88 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisT88
Old Feb 06, 2004, 01:14 AM
argentina
Joined Feb 2004
13 Posts
but with motor 410 ? i cant fly 3D ?
Old Feb 06, 2004, 01:46 AM
Palm Beach, FL
Joined Jan 2004
903 Posts
Not many have had much luck, even with Lipolys. I'm sure you could if you were real easy with the collective but if you're learning theres not much chance you'll have any luck. It would probably be cheaper and easier for you to go with a larger bird, such as a Raptor 30 to learn on.
Old Feb 06, 2004, 01:53 AM
argentina
Joined Feb 2004
13 Posts
ok but can i fly 3D ?

Hi, thanks, but can i fly 3D with: skysport 4 channel + receiver 6 channels + 3 servos + GWS GP-03 + Feda Mixer & controller speed + ICS-300 ?
Why in the commerce (shop) is sold piccolo pro 3D with 4 channel radio? for example > http://www.e-flight.co.uk/piccolo-pro.asp
Can i fly 3D aerobatic with Radio 4 channel or I`Cant ?
THANKS AND sorry for my english.-
Old Feb 06, 2004, 02:36 AM
Palm Beach, FL
Joined Jan 2004
903 Posts
Hi,

Your english is great! I'm not sure why some packages are advertised as being 3D capable, as they are far from it. It's basicly false advertising if you ask me...

If you plan to learn 3D get yourself a new radio first, then save up for a Raptor 30. The Raptor will be very easy to fly coming from a Hummingbird/Skylark/Feda and your success with 3D will be more likely. Trust me, been there and done that
Old Feb 06, 2004, 09:04 AM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,144 Posts
A collective heli will fly with 4 channels, but at least 5 is recommended, and no you can not 3D with 4 channels.
It sounds like you are new to heli's. I recommend learning to hover first, The learning curve is very steep, and it will take a long long time before you can 3D anything.
If you are just learning, get a durable helicopter that can take crashes. If you can fly outside, get a corona, if you can only fly inside, get a picollo fun or a hummingbird or one of the other cheaper micro heli's.
Save collective pitch for when you can fly a fixed pitch helicopter well.
co
Yukonho is online now Find More Posts by Yukonho
Old Feb 06, 2004, 09:36 AM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,704 Posts
The 410 motor will burn out most mixer/speed controllers designed for smaller motors. The piccoboard Pro has FETs that can handle the higher current. If you are looking to do 3D, you will probably want a brushless motor.
You can read all about the many people who aggressively fly their Piccolos Pro's on the Ikarus Piccolo board

Do you fly heli's now? The Pro is not the best trainer. You will go through a LOT of blades learning. If you are just starting out, it will be cheaper to get a fun piccolo, put your pro electronics on it and learn to fly (and learn to set up helis) and THEN transition over to your collective pitch model.
Vince Herman is offline Find More Posts by Vince Herman
Old Feb 06, 2004, 12:57 PM
argentina
Joined Feb 2004
13 Posts
ok and >>>>

can i fly 3d (piccolo pro) with this radio > Hitec Laser 6 Channel Transmitter ? this kit include all ? (radio + electronic + kit piccolo pro ? i need another thing ? ? >>

Kit Includes:

( http://www.helihobby.com/html/piccolo_kit_products.html )

Select items:

PART#HH474

Piccolo Pro complete pkg with TX 572.00
Piccolo Pro complete without TX 475.00

- Piccolo Pro Kit V2 ( Latest Release )
- Hitec Laser 6 Channel Transmitter ( Optional )
- GWS Peak Charger and 8 Cell Battery Pack
- 3 High Performance Servos
- 720572 Piccoboard Plus with built in receiver ( JR / Futaba )
- Heading Lock module for Piccoboard
- GWS Peak Battery Charger
- Easy Flight Simulator
- Matching Crystal Set
- HH140 Anti Rotation Arm
- HH183 Titanium Pro tail shaft
- HH 290 Complete bearings Package
Old Feb 06, 2004, 01:17 PM
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Joined Jan 2004
426 Posts
If you are going all out like that, you might as well get a Hornet II
I have the Piccolo and wish i would have bought the Hornet.
I think the Hornet is a much better engineered bird. I also think they look better.
Flying Weasle is offline Find More Posts by Flying Weasle
Old Feb 06, 2004, 09:07 PM
Palm Beach, FL
Joined Jan 2004
903 Posts
It's sad to say but, helihobby is plainly ripping people off. That transmitter is NOT for helicopters and wont mix throttle with pitch, nor does it include any adjustment for the not included mix that a regular helicopter transmitter would. Would be better for you to start on a fixed pitch machine if you've never flown before, the Pro will most likely drive you from the hobby after continous crashes costing $30+
Old Feb 06, 2004, 11:42 PM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,144 Posts
Mati1979, I asked before and you didn't respond. Can you fly a heli? Have you ever flown one before? Can you do forward flight? Can you hover? Can you do nose in?
If the answer is no to any of these, it doesn't matter what heli and radio you have, you will not be able to do 3D.
Please listen to the advice you asked for, learn to hover and do simple flight before you even consider getting a heli that can potentially do 3D. It will save you a whole lot of grief and cash. By all means get equipment you can upgrade and use later on, but dont waste your money on a full 3D setup if you dont know how to fly a heli.
co
Yukonho is online now Find More Posts by Yukonho