HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Delta Ray RTF with SAFE Technology

SAFE™ technology is a revolutionary leap forward in flight control and training.

Splash

Delta Ray RTF with SAFE Technology by HobbyZone

Wingspan: 34.0 in (863mm)
Overall Length: 31.8 in (807mm)
Wing Area: 384 sq. in. (2480 sq. cm.)
Flying Weight: 17.6 oz (500 g)
Motor Size: (2) 180-size brushed motors (installed)
Radio: DX4e 4-channel DSMX transmitter (included)
Servos: (2) SV80 servos (installed)
CG (Center of Gravity): 14.4 in (365mm) from the rear of airplane at fuselage center line
Prop Size: 5 x 3
Recommended Motor Battery: 7.4V 2S 1300mAh 20C Li-Po (included)
Approx. Flying Duration: 8 minutes
Charger: 2-cell DC balancing Li-Po charger (included)
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour

With SAFE™ technology and carefully engineered aerodynamics, the groundbreaking HobbyZone® Delta Ray™ aircraft provide pilots with a flying experience that is gentle and worry-free, even for total beginners! Plus, everything you need comes in one box, including a Spektrum™ DX4e transmitter, making it the ultimate beginner-friendly aircraft.

Key Features

• Intuitive SAFE™ technology provides four modes to give new pilots the ultimate progressive learning experience
  • If you lose control of the airplane, "Panic Mode" returns the aircraft to stable, level flight with the push of a button!
  • Beginner and Intermediate modes provide support for new pilots by limiting the roll and pitch of the airplane, keeping you in control at all times!
  • Experienced Mode allows pilots who have mastered the basics to explore the incredible performance of the Delta Ray aircraft supported by the revolutionary AS3X gyro stabilization system
  • Everything you need to teach yourself to fly in one box, even the "AA" batteries for the transmitter!
  • Full 4-channel control gives new pilots a comprehensive learning experience with all the same controls as full-size airplanes!
  • The included full-Range Spektrum™ DX4e 2.4GHz DSMX® transmitter can be used with a variety of other Spektrum-equipped products. Visit Spektrum.com for more information.
  • Impact-resistant, durable Z-Foam™ construction is extraodinarily tough. But in case of damage, you can make repairs with almost any glue and be back in the air in minutes!

Needed To Complete

Nothing! Everything you need to get in the air is included.

Discussion

Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:35 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,667 Posts
It would be nice is they sold it without the Tx and AS3X Rx, as I'd prefer to use my own non Spektrum radio.
Looks like it might be a fun little park flyer, even with brushed motors.
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:58 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,050 Posts
Is very similar to my Stratos wish they had the option to get it bnf or I would get one. I am sure it will fly great for all that looking though.
Ginohio is online now Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:15 AM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
992 Posts
A very nice looking plane. Note that there is no rudder.......yaw steering is by differential thrust. A pair of GWS floats would make this an eye-catching float plane. The differential steering works great on water.
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Old Jul 30, 2013, 03:55 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
I second the motion for a BNF or a PNP option.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
NCFR !!!
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Jul 2013
164 Posts
Yes Yes BNF!!!
JRjoe is offline Find More Posts by JRjoe
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:38 PM
Joined Dec 2009
565 Posts
read the parts listing

If you check out the parts listings, you can do one of these up like a striker and just get the foam, I am sure, two little park 250 brushless motors and two 5x4 apc pros would make this scoot real nice
cgoffa is online now Find More Posts by cgoffa
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:21 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,050 Posts
I brought this up in another thread regarding the Delta. The new quadcopter 350 from Blade which has the SAFE technology is being offered bnf? I asked the gentlemen from Horizon that has responded in the thread regarding this. Waiting to see the answer.
Ginohio is online now Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:46 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,787 Posts
Wow! What a great looking little ship.

I've always loved deltas and I've always loved twins..This one's hitting a home run on both for me!

Looks like the wing fences are optional, as they're there in some of the screenshots and not others. I wonder what effect they have on the flight characteristics..

I also like that the main gear has a very wide stance. I bet this would make some impressive high-alpha touchdowns.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:20 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,540 Posts
I also like the looks of this Delta. I thought the Stratos was a very nice flying plane and performed well with its brushed motors. I sold the Stratos after a while and I need another trainer like a hole in my head but I am looking forward to seeing this one fly. I may have to buy the foam body and add my own little motors and controllers (which I already have) after everything comes into stock. I am looking forward to the video of it in action. Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2013, 09:56 AM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined May 2013
167 Posts
I want one !

A total newb I'm, an Apprentice S 15e eaten by a local tree (60'+) to vanish days later as proof. But this smaller SAFE delta could be just the ticket to fly by wife - she is not too favorable to my new found hobby : a monster truck early this year, two micro quads in a row (they are still flying) and the almost instantly vanishing AS15e ...

The Delta Ray SAFE is a bargain and should get me back in the air ...
Frangio is offline Find More Posts by Frangio
Old Aug 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
2,328 Posts
I would consider buying this plane if it had brushless motors.
failboat is online now Find More Posts by failboat