HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:11 PM
Joined Jul 2013
2 Posts
Question
Nose Wheel Steering with a V-Tail and Spektrum DX8

I want to set up a power plane with a V-Tail and would like to have nose wheel steering that works right. I plan to use a Spektrum DX-8.

I have thought that I might be able to set up my V-Tail and then mix rudder into something like an Aux channel to get the unmixed rudder on my stick.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Even better has anybody made it work?
JohnRCox46 is offline Find More Posts by JohnRCox46
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2013, 03:36 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,193 Posts
When you create a mix your are selecting an input (master) to a channel. (Slave)

Regardless if you have V tail enabled your mix is still just using the rudder stick as the input for the mix.

If it has retracts you could use the gear switch so that when the gear is retracted the nose wheel mix is off.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jul 28, 2013, 04:29 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,181 Posts
Look at the eflite Bonzana online manual. It should explain it.
1320fastback is offline Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:33 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRCox46 View Post
I want to set up a power plane with a V-Tail and would like to have nose wheel steering that works right. I plan to use a Spektrum DX-8.

I have thought that I might be able to set up my V-Tail and then mix rudder into something like an Aux channel to get the unmixed rudder on my stick.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Even better has anybody made it work?
Yes.

Let's use AUX3 as an example. Go to the Switch Select screen and make sure that nothing is assigned to aux3 (normally it's the knob).

Now go to the Mix menu. Mix RUD > AX3 at 100%/100% and the switch set to On (default0.

Done.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:29 PM
Joined Jul 2013
2 Posts
Thanks for your help! I feel a lot better about this next project.
JohnRCox46 is offline Find More Posts by JohnRCox46
Old Oct 14, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Can the set up be the same on a spectrum DX7 ?
I have the fly fly f-100 and can't get the elevator and nose wheel to work properly. When I get the elevator (both sides) to work together, then the nose wheel turns the wrong way.
Don Vanhook is offline Find More Posts by Don Vanhook