SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Hobbyking UAV 3000

the UAV-3000 is a serious FPV/UAV aircraft in every respect except price.

Splash

118" of composite overcast.

With a 3 meter wingspan, large payload capacity & composite construction, the UAV-3000 is arguably no longer a "model" per se, this is a serious FPV/UAV aircraft in every respect except price.

The first thing that strikes you about this drone is the sheer amount of payload space, with a huge front canopy and also a mid mounted access hatch, you have plenty of room to mount all of your equipment and flight batteries without having C of G issues. Despite it's size, the UAV-3000 still manages to be practical and features a 2pc plug in wing and V-Tail for easy transportation and field assembly, the fixed undercarriage is very sturdy and features a steerable nosewheel. Other features worthy of note are the adjustable motor mount and large air intake cooling duct for the motor and ESC.

There can be no doubt, the UAV-3000 turns heads, imposing on the ground, it is even more impressive in the air! For all the world looking like a military drone, the UAV-3000 manages to bring a whole new and affordable dimension to FPV and aerial photography and unsually for a GF model, it is relatively easy and fast to build. The high aspect wing, V-Tail and sleek profile offer efficient aerodynamics while the flaps offer excellent low speed handling, with such impressive specs and at such an impressive price, the UAV-3000 has just taken FPV to a whole new level!

Features:

• Glassfiber/Ply Fuselage
  • Fully Sheeted balsa/ply 2pc Plug In Wing
  • Plug In V-Tail
  • Huge Payload Capability
  • Large Front and Mid-Mounted Access Hatches
  • Heavy Duty Under-Carriage with Steerable Nosewheel
  • Adjustable Motor Mount
  • Large Air Intake & Cooling Duct for ESC/Motor Cooling
  • Aerodynamically Efficient Airframe
  • Flaps for Excellent Low Speed Handing
  • Fast and Easy Build

Specs:

• Wingspan: 3000mm
  • Length:1580mm
  • Weight: 5200g~5400g
  • Wing Area: 48dm2
  • Wing Loading: 108~112g/dm2
  • 5 Channel

Requires:

• Your own 6 Channel TX/RX
  • 4 x 12g~16g MG High Torque Servo's, 3 x Standard Servo's
  • 50mm Brushless Outrunner
  • 80A~90A ESC
  • 13"~15" Prop
  • UBEC
  • 5s~6s Lipoly Battery
  • FPV Equipment/Camera
  • 80~82mm Spinner

Link to product

Discussion

Old Jul 27, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,070 Posts
Very cool. I would be VERY tempted if it were about $100 less, and in the 80 inch range instead.
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Jul 27, 2013, 07:03 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,061 Posts
yea, this thing is a beast, and isn't your average yank and bank foamie!
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Jul 27, 2013, 07:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,070 Posts
lol no kidding! I am a hardcore built up and composite fan. Never fly foamies anywhere.

HOWEVER, this guy is just a bit big for my liking. Big means more money. I prefer to spend heaps of money or other aspects of RC, or other hobbies. So I keep my planes around the 40-80" size as components are MUCH cheaper.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, CA, Pomona
Joined Mar 2008
80 Posts
Never in my life have I head someone say an airplane is too big... have you all checked your genitals lately? I am of course, not being a jerk, just simply find it odd that people are complaining about price and size with a good product. This is far and beyond a chinese foamie guys....
jmscott31 is offline Find More Posts by jmscott31
Old Jul 28, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
I cant wait to see some vids of it flying.

And btw, here's the other thread about it where people have already posted pics from theirs and discussed it some more http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1953841 .
MogA is offline Find More Posts by MogA
Old Jul 28, 2013, 09:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscott31 View Post
Never in my life have I head someone say an airplane is too big... have you all checked your genitals lately? I am of course, not being a jerk, just simply find it odd that people are complaining about price and size with a good product. This is far and beyond a chinese foamie guys....
Its just my personal opinion... I ahve flown and owned the 30cc and 50cc 3D planes. They fly EXCELLENT, however as size goes up, so does the price, EXPONENTIALLY!!!

It it much more affordable to keep power systems, servos, etc for the 70-80" size planes than it is for the larger planes. For instance, a plane simply 10% larger might cost you about 100% more!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:05 AM
Joined Nov 2002
3 Posts
With all the anti UAV stuff in the news making one that looks exactly like the plane everyone associates with the military might not be the best idea.
Eskimo2k is offline Find More Posts by Eskimo2k