HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2001, 09:04 PM
Joined Nov 2001
101 Posts
ESC Problem, please help??

Hello, I have a Rondo 400 ESC on a 6v speed 400. I have run it before perfectly fine. I am building a pusher and realized that the prop was spinning the wrong way. So I cut the wires and soldered the + to the - and vise versa. I plugged in my battery pack and the prop started spinning at full speed, my radio had no control. I moved the motor controll all up and down and the motor kept running at full speed with the battery pack attached to it. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it? Thank you very much for input!!

Vinnie.
Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Vincent
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2001, 09:30 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
You moved the + and - going to the motor right? if you did it on the battery side of the speed control, you may have fried it.
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2001, 09:36 PM
USA, tn, Cordova
Joined Oct 2001
238 Posts
If your Rondo is like mine and designed to be soldered on the motor itself, you cannot change the direction of the motor by reversing the polarity on the inputs. The input polarity must be correct for the ESC to operate and only works one way. You must remove the ESC from the motor, rotate 180 degrees and resolder to the motor. Or, do like I did and solder leads from the ESC where it should fit and be soldered on the motor, then run the wires to the motor terminals.
Battfly is offline Find More Posts by Battfly
Old Dec 06, 2001, 07:06 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,040 Posts
Vinnie,

If your Rondo is fried I _might_ be able to fix it. Contact me offline andy@montanadesign.com for info.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2001, 05:58 PM
Joined Nov 2001
101 Posts
Thankyou. Hopefully I didnt fry it. Andy if it is fried Ill send you an email, thanks for the help.

Vinnie.
Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Vincent