SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

The Great FPV Scavenger Hunt!

Fly FPV. Locate man-made and natural objects for a chance to win. New prizes every month!

Splash

Thousands of dollars in prizes from your favorite FPV dealers

Alright goggle jockeys, charge your batts and make sure you're recording, 'cause you now have a chance to win some epic fpv gear every month in the RCGroups.com Great FPV Scavenger Hunt. We have some big-name dealers donating fpv-related components as well as fpv-ready turn key aircraft! RCGroups will also be giving away 12 month Plus memberships along with the prizes... it's just that awesome.

The contest

Every month, we'll choose a few objects that you must find while flying fpv. These will either be man-made or naturally occurring, and nothing will be placed by us; everything is already out there. Once you spot the item(s) for the month, create a short video from your flight camera or HD camera, highlighting the items. Upload it to either Youtube or Vimeo, and title it: The RCGroups Great FPV Scavenger Hunt: June (or whatever month the contest is on). At the end of the month, everyone who has successfully spotted the items on video and met the rules criteria will be assigned a number. We'll choose the winner from a random-number generator.

The rules

Yes, every contest has rules (bummer, right?), but we think these are fair enough to allow for some healthy competition. And since this is a new contest, we reserve the right to adjust the rules if someone decides to cheat the system (yea, we're THAT hardcore).

The Great FPV Scavenger Hunt rules:

• You must fly fpv while spotting objects. No line-of-sight (los) flying will be accepted as an entry. We expect you to use the honor system on this rule, but if we think you are not flying fpv, we may ask you to prove it.
  • All video used in the contest must be yours, No copyrighted music will be allowed in the video unless you own the copyright. No 3rd party logos, symbols, or websites will be allowed in the contest entry videos (the exception will be the RCGroups.com logo/url, and the sponsor's logos).
  • New and previously captured video will be accepted. No entry videos will be accepted that have been loaded before the contest start date. In other words, you can use video from previously recorded flight, but you will need to compile it into a new video titled: The RCGroups Great FPV Scavenger Hunt: month
  • The spotted objects must be clear enough for us to identify in your video. Feel free to pause the video, or add text markers when the object is on screen... anything that makes the items stand out!
  • All RCGroups members can play, but those outside of North America must pay actual shipping charges on any prizes won.
  • Be safe! We'll do our best to choose objects for the scavenger hunt that don't require dive-bombing the general public to get the shot, but ultimately you are responsible for the safe operation of your aircraft. RCGroups.com, its affiliates, sponsors, and employees will not be held responsible for any incidents that may occur during this contest or at any time.

The sponsors

So far, we have a great group of sponsors on board, and the list will be growing as the contest gains momentum. If you are a dealer and interested in donating, please contact Matt (webdr).

Sponsors:

Have fun!

Get out there, fly FPV. Relax. Have a good time. No whining. Be safe. Did I cover everything? Oh yea... good luck!

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 24, 2013 at 03:28 PM..

Discussion

Old Jul 25, 2013, 09:36 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,186 Posts
The Great FPV Scavenger Hunt: August

The Great FPV Scavenger Hunt for August is sponsored by Readymaderc.com

Prize pack:
A $50 gift certificate to Readymaderc.com
An 8" LCD video monitor with sun shade
A 1-year RCGroups PLUS membership
Two additional entries will receive a 1-year RCGroups PLUS membership

Scavenger Hunt items:
1. A yellow passenger car or truck (commercial vehicles such as a semi truck or bus is acceptable, but no tractors or heavy machinery)
2. A fixed-wing model airplane in flight
3. The setting sun on the horizon (we will also accept the sun close to the horizon i.e. it doesn't have to be touching... close counts)

Read the contest rules before you start! Remember, you must be flying FPV while capturing the items on video. Create a video with the items you captured while flying FPV, and title it: The RCGroups Great FPV Scavenger Hunt: August, then post it to this thread. August's contest will run through the 25th, at which time we will assign all entries a number, and choose a winner from a random number generator.
Good luck and have fun!
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Aug 19, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:24 AM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2013
274 Posts
This is awesome!! Great idea. Definitely going to get in on this.
casualsunday is offline Find More Posts by casualsunday
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:35 AM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,650 Posts
I'm in!
KFC is online now Find More Posts by KFC
Old Jul 25, 2013, 03:19 PM
Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
840 Posts
I'm in too!
Fastgixxerlv is online now Find More Posts by Fastgixxerlv
Old Jul 25, 2013, 06:25 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Great.....
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Jul 25, 2013, 06:45 PM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
Sounds like fun!

Count me it!
jjmelo is online now Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Durafly Das Ugly Stik Review
Old Jul 25, 2013, 06:57 PM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,653 Posts
If my screen gets here definatley count me in!
fOaMmaSh87 is online now Find More Posts by fOaMmaSh87
Old Jul 25, 2013, 08:45 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,778 Posts
Heck yeah! This sounds awesome.
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Jul 25, 2013, 08:52 PM
United States, IL, Cowden
Joined Mar 2013
1,584 Posts
In, too.
RDTague is offline Find More Posts by RDTague
Old Jul 25, 2013, 09:13 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Two questions...
Do all of the objects have to be spotted in the same flight? or can I cut multiple flights together for this?

Can I enter multiple times with different videos?
btown2 is offline Find More Posts by btown2
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:34 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btown2 View Post
Two questions...
Do all of the objects have to be spotted in the same flight? or can I cut multiple flights together for this?

Can I enter multiple times with different videos?
Multiple flights are perfectly fine, that's what I was expecting actually. Go out for a few FPV sessions, take your time, have fun. Capture the targets on video, then compile into a short video featuring the targets.

But only one entry per person, per month.

Matt
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 26, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:56 PM
Fly like never crash as always
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
275 Posts
interested
tascheri is offline Find More Posts by tascheri
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:42 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,778 Posts
Does the footage have to be downlink or can it be HD?

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:53 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
I've actually found all three of those things in some old videos. I should actually have all of them in one video if I can find it. I was flying at a friends house, following his plane at sunset and he drives a yellow truck. Lol
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike