HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2001, 06:38 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Easy Way to Route Cutie Antenna

I just figgured out a fairly easy way to route the Cutie's antenna the way the manual suggests. Maybe this is what everybody does, but I thought I'd just share it. This may get confusing so bear with me. First, take about a foot length of solder wire and make a loop with equal amount of wire on both sides. Now slides this loop just beyond the antenna outlet hole; so you can see it from the space above the servos. Now, slide another piece of solder, about 6inches, through the antenna outlet. The trick is to get this wire through the loop on the larger solder. Once you get that, pull back on the looped solder wire. This should bring the shorter wire into grabbing distance. Luckily this worked for me the first time. Now, all you have to do is tape the antenna wire to the solder and pull the shorter solder wire out. Make sure to use a very sticky tape and as little as possible so that it still will fit through the antenna hole. Well, if you want I can get ya a picture of all this, its hard to explain. Well, I'm pretty much done with my Cuite now, just get to get the power package....thats a X-mas present!

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2001, 09:47 AM
Clu
Glavin!
Southern NJ
Joined Aug 2001
283 Posts
Cutie Antenna

I didn't bother with any of that...

I got a M72 Micro from azarr.com and CA'ed it on the servo mount facing back towards the tail.

Lighter, less drag, less hassle, and no wires sticking out.
Clu is offline Find More Posts by Clu
Old Dec 07, 2001, 11:30 PM
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2000
20 Posts
What about guiding the antenna wire through the fuselage and letting it come out at the tail?
guiwil is offline Find More Posts by guiwil
Old Dec 07, 2001, 11:40 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
That would work too. Probably be just as hard though. Plus I like the look of the antenna wire strug out to the tail. It looks like the ADF antenna on general aviation planes.

PS If you didn't see my other post. I"m wondering how many rubber bands to put on the Cutie's wing....and what type. I lost the page with that info on it. Please pass on the info if you know! Thanks!!
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
Old Dec 08, 2001, 03:31 PM
Clu
Glavin!
Southern NJ
Joined Aug 2001
283 Posts
Rubber bands

The manual says 3 x #64 or 4 x #32 on each side
Clu is offline Find More Posts by Clu