HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:42 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2013
4 Posts
Question
FMS Multiplex Smart FX & windows 7?

Hi everyone,
I Have a Multiplex Smart SX transmitter, USB pc interface #8 5149 and FMS software with 'vista fix' running on Windows 7 Starter.

FMS will start (after copying the dll in the vista fix) but when in 'Controls', 'Analog Controls', 'Serial PIC-interface' the calibrate doesn't work. Choosing 'Joystick' shows that there are no joysticks available. Both 'Parallel / serial IRQ interface' will grey out the 'Resources' and 'Mapping / Calibration' options.

Multiplex Launcher can find the transmitter, FMS seems like it cannot.

'Vista fix' instructions I found say that a COM port needs to be configured. I have attempted to follow the instructions to add a device but cannot get beyond the 'windows will continue to look for new devices and display them here'.

In control panel, devices and printers, there is an 'unspecified' category with 'MPX PC interface with CP210x USB to UART Bridge Controller (COM3)'

I Did find a Youtube video in German which suggested downloading Flugsimulator FMS Windows 7 but I cannot extract any files from the download as my notebook says 'The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid.'

I don't know what else to try.

Any help you guys can give me will be much appreciated.

My thanks in advance

Kegsie.
Kegsie is offline Find More Posts by Kegsie
to remove ads between posts