HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 08, 2004, 01:05 AM
Must cancel PayPal acct!
AZ
Joined Mar 2003
1,077 Posts
Wow Kenny! That was one of your finest works to date. Did you miss any of the action? Incredible. Looks like you guys had a good time out there...sorry I couldn't be a part of it. Nice work!

Drivie
Drivie is offline Find More Posts by Drivie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2004, 07:00 AM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Grr! Shoulda went out even without the motor. That looked awesome. Great video too, I'd say one of the best, if not #1 Loved it when the guy pulled out the BB gun

Joe- Thanks for the offer! I may get a 350 from the LHS if they have them, I've heard they're a lot better.

Guys- If I make it out to the bowl, I'll probably be practicing my freestyle (http://cafreestyle.com/ie3d.htm ). Hopefully no one minds the music. None of the freestyle is really offensive, most of it is movie soundtracks and instrumentals If you really can't stand the music, just ask me to put on headphones.

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
Old Feb 10, 2004, 02:40 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
[/list]
Quote:
I like that map you posted. Man, I had no idea you guys were going to be flying way out there. Back when I lived in Phx, we used to fly out in that area. It was an auxiliary runway for what was then Williams AF

jperch I remember that Auxilary Field at Williams Airbase. I use to fly there when I was in High School back in 87. After I joined the Military 89 RC flying stopped for a long Time. What Ever happened to that Field. I always wondered.

David
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Feb 10, 2004, 04:25 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2003
279 Posts
Hi guys, I have been told the Chandler Bowl is a great place. So one of these days I will check it out. I am in Glendale so it will be a Journey. I am currently building a Formosa and will be getting the gear for it today.
jacob is offline Find More Posts by jacob
Old Feb 10, 2004, 04:37 PM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
jacob:

Welcome...

We have a good bunch of people on Sat and Sunday mornings, from 8:30 on to maybe noon. We (somewhat casually) use a frequency board on kind of an honor system.

See: Flying at the Chandler Bowl / Club Chat for directions.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1
AZ_Astro is offline Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
Old Feb 10, 2004, 08:20 PM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Welcome jacob, come on down any time. The bowl is a great place to spend a day or two of your weekend. Hopefully as these weeks move along I'll be getting more time to get down there myself.

Guy's I posted a thread with that video. After some thought, I figured it was worth sharing the experience.

Dan, did you get to do the freestyle with music from home? I was looking forward to that on Sunday.

Kenny..
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
Old Feb 10, 2004, 11:46 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
231 Posts
Welcome Jacob and hope you can make it out to see us. I am the one at the CB flying a Formosa . Great plane to fly with a great bunch of guys. More than worth the trip. I have a virtual 3D tour of the bowl but I do not know how to post the file since its an exe. file. If you or anyone else wants to see, PM me and I'll send you the file. Hi Guys sorry I missed yall at the SWC but Great job on Vid Kenny Thanx much. I've been flying my camera ship lately so I might be out this weekend to take pics of yall. See ya then

Rich
RichieRich is offline Find More Posts by RichieRich
Old Feb 11, 2004, 07:47 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Jacob- Welcome! The Bowl is a great place to fly, you'll love it.

Kenny- Couldn't make it out there, I lost my ride at the last minute. I'll probably be out next week, though. Freestyle stuff is pretty fun, although you really end up hating the song after practicing a lot

Rich- you could zip it, then attach it. Sounds neat.

Dan
Old Feb 11, 2004, 03:53 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,249 Posts
Jacob,

If you can make it Sunday I'll have the SwitchBack you P.M.ed me about. It's worth the trip down here just to meet all the guys.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:58 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by turbojoe
Jacob,

If you can make it Sunday I'll have the SwitchBack you P.M.ed me about. It's worth the trip down here just to meet all the guys.

Joe
I can second that opinion. I made a 1000 mile trip from Texas to meet these guys. It was a great day and I hope to do it again soon.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Old Feb 12, 2004, 01:43 PM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
Gonna miss the Bowl on Sat and Sunday this weekend, you guys, so hold the fort, er, field. Will try to make it out on Monday holiday...

Have some great flying...
AZ_Astro is offline Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
Old Feb 12, 2004, 02:15 PM
Joined Mar 2003
279 Posts
Hey, I will see if I can make it on Saturday or sunday.

I have all the gear in my Formosa and have been taxing it around to break in the gear. I still need to do some minor stuff to it and it should be ready to go. I sure do not like the stock wheels that came with it.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 02:21 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Get some Maxx Product Light Weight Wheels for it. Alot of us use them on the Slow Stick.

david
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Last edited by fly4fun; Feb 13, 2004 at 08:05 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2003
279 Posts
cool
I'll check them out
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:46 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
I second that. I had some humungous Maxx wheels that weighed next to nothing and allowed me to taxi with fine control over uncut grass and anything else.

Dan
Closed Thread