HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 07, 2004, 02:27 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Wow, you must have gotten hit hard! I'll do my best to take out some fogies for ya Good luck with the recovery man.

Is it just me or does the CB bunch have really bad luck?

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2004, 05:12 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
I shouldn'a spoken so soon I finally finished the SS and tried to fly it in the back a bit. Danged motor is totally fried! It gets red hot and has no power after 5 seconds. If only I could afford another brushless Oh well, we'll do it another time.

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
Old Feb 07, 2004, 06:13 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,227 Posts
We're gonna hear it from the CASL crew but I don't care. The whole thing was too late in the day anyway. We can have another combat event at a more reasonable time next weekend. Besides, we are the originators of SS combat and nobody does it like we can.

I never got to do a test flight on my SS so I don't know what it will do since being thrown back together.

I've got some spare 300 motors. I'll bring you one next weekend. I seriously doubt I'll be there tomorrow though.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Feb 07, 2004, 06:21 PM
Got Choppers?
Mesa, AZ
Joined Dec 2003
696 Posts
Joe-hope you feel better. Don't feel to bad. My dad hurt himself jumping over mud at the SCW!

My dad and I made it out to the SWC this morning to help out. We were assigned to checking out transmitters. It was crazy in the first round! They were only flying 4 min. heats! Then it calmed down in the second round when the heats were 10 minutes. We got to work with Jason Shulman thought. He was checking IN the transmitters right next to us. That was pretty cool.
Air Force One is offline Find More Posts by Air Force One
Old Feb 07, 2004, 07:15 PM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Man thatís to bad guys. It was an event not to miss. Joe the carnage was insane. Iíve got most of it on video but it will take some time to get it together. There were some hand launch sail planes that were totally cool too. I hate to say it, but, there combat topped ours 10 fold. It seemed to be a very well organized and run event. Iíll definitely be going to the next one.

Kenny..
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
Old Feb 07, 2004, 08:43 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,227 Posts
I knew I should have gone. At least to watch and film. Maybe next time. Looking forward to another of your killer videos Kenny.
See you next weekend. I'll be sleeping in tomorrow. I just know I'm going to miss more good stuff.

Joe
Old Feb 07, 2004, 09:21 PM
Got Choppers?
Mesa, AZ
Joined Dec 2003
696 Posts
Yup, you will Joe. I will have something new that you might find interesting. Your only hint: I finally have something to fly in the front yard.
Air Force One is offline Find More Posts by Air Force One
Old Feb 07, 2004, 10:05 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,227 Posts
So do I. I just finished the Tiger Moth. I'll try to maiden it in the street tomorrow. Boy, what a step down from what I'm used to flying. It's no hot rod, that's for sure. I can see it getting a brushless infusion in the very near future. We'll see how it does stock though. Next to get finished will be the PCW.

Joe
Old Feb 07, 2004, 11:23 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Looking forward to another of your killer videos Kenny.
Nothing killer, but it's uploading now. 46 Megs and 9 minutes long. Hope you feel better Joe.

Kenny..
Old Feb 07, 2004, 11:41 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Ok, Here ya go..

Old Feb 08, 2004, 12:04 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,227 Posts
OMG! Kenny. Awesome as usual! I'm gonna have a big bruise on my butt from kicking it for not going. We've got to do combat again soon. I need to thin out the fleet so that's one way to get rid of a plane.

It's 11:00 now and I won't be going to bed for another hour. I'm charging batteries right now. I'm going to try to maiden the Tiger Moth and maybe fly the SwitchBack for a while later in the day. I'll probably go to the Higley bowl if I do fly. I won't be up before 10:00 if I can help it.

Joe
Old Feb 08, 2004, 12:05 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,227 Posts
By the way did anyone from the C.B. fly SS combat? I only counted 7 planes at most. Who won the combat?

Joe
Old Feb 08, 2004, 12:14 AM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Greatest Hits

Kenny:

AWESOME! Lol! I love it! Carnage flowth over.

Dave
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Feb 08, 2004, 12:32 AM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
Dan Kush flew his Himaxx powered SS. He encountered Rx problems early on - SS started looping and wouldn't stop! Crash!

Justin Ammon took third, I believe. He was a crowd pleaser as his SS took a direct hit in the run-off competition, but the plane continued to fly for a minute after losing most of a wing. Justin scored a five point hit on another competitor during that round - five points, one for every piece of the enemy's plane that went down! We got Justin's SS ready to fly for the final and he performed brilliantly with a SS that wasn't ALL THERE, if you know what I mean. He trimmed (Surgically) off one wingtip to match the other side which had been destroyed.

It was a blast seeing the SS Combat.

I just watched the video. Great job Kenny - Awesome!

That was Justin's Slowstick that was flying with the left wing half destroyed and hanging. This is in the exact middle of the video. At the tail end of the SS Combat/first round just before the Funky Chicken.

In the final, Justin also got a kill by hitting a competitor who was in the field of play.
AZ_Astro is offline Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Feb 08, 2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2004, 12:49 AM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
Kenny:

Great job on the video. Really caught the 'essence' of the fun that went on out there.

It was nuts at the end. Kids were throwing rocks, one guy had a BB gun, and I was throwing my hat at planes.
AZ_Astro is offline Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
Closed Thread