Drivie
Drivie is offline Find More Posts by Drivie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2004, 07:20 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
It was about time for a new thread wasn't it? Thanks.

I just talked to Kenny on the phone. He also has a problem with the late start time but he's going to try to make it. I'll be there one way or another. It is duck hunting season isn't it? I can't miss that.

Dan: Careful dude, I'm your ride home remember?

Drivie: Where the hell you been. You need to make it out to support the bowl too.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Feb 03, 2004, 07:21 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
Somebody post a map to the future burial ground of the CASL SS's.
Old Feb 03, 2004, 08:01 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Geeeeez, Dan! I thought you dropped the hobby and took up underwater basket-weaving Glad to see you back here

Joe- Eek! Guess I'll have to play nice?

SS Burial Grounds:

By the way, about the only serious thing I've said in the last 3 pages was my name, so don't get offended if you took it any other way.

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
Old Feb 03, 2004, 08:19 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SkyPyro

By the way, about the only serious thing I've said in the last 3 pages was my name, so don't get offended if you took it any other way.

Dan
Absolutely not offended. This is a blast! Talking $#!+ is all part of the game. Win or lose I think this is going to be the most fun I've had flying in a long time. It's just getting in the way of other things I was working on and Saturday sucks but hey, gotta defend the honor of the bowl so I'll just have to make some sacrifices.

Joe
Old Feb 03, 2004, 09:06 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Man, these casl dudes blow enough hot air to lift a brick to 30,000'.

It's just one excuse after another (waa, waa, waa).

I bet they don't even show up.

Dave

PS: Vegas shows the CB Crew as heavy favorites.
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Feb 03, 2004, 09:19 PM
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,849 Posts
This is the biggest event that CASL does durring the year, and you think CASL guys won't be their???

ROTFLMAO

I plan to be there well into the night flying session.

A solid 14 hours of flight time for me at least.

Did I mention there will also be some great Live enertainment durring the BBQ as well.

Justin
-the man with a duct tape plan-
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey
Old Feb 03, 2004, 09:28 PM
Must cancel PayPal acct!
AZ
Joined Mar 2003
1,077 Posts
Quote:
Drivie: Where the hell you been. You need to make it out to support the bowl too.
Quote:
Geeeeez, Dan! I thought you dropped the hobby and took up underwater basket-weaving Glad to see you back here
Sorry for being out of the loop for so long... I don't think I'll make it to the Saturday event plus it's even further than the CB.

Dan, I've taken up a little thing called work and it's whipped my butt lately so I've been too involved to get back to flying...hehe!

I'll try to make it out one of these Sunday's soon to fly with you guys.

Drivie
Old Feb 04, 2004, 08:11 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
'Pyro,

I like that map you posted. Man, I had no idea you guys were going to be flying way out there. Back when I lived in Phx, we used to fly out in that area. It was an auxiliary runway for what was then Williams AFB. We had permission from the base commander to use it. IIRC, a small club formed but it was never very large.

I must have been sheer crazy back then. I used to fly out there and even farther off of baseline and ironwood (except that baseline didn't go out that far back then). All this while I lived in Glendale! It was almost a 2 hour drive each week to go flying.

But, the fun of flying and the good company were more than worth it. I am glad to see you guys are still enjoying the sport.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Old Feb 06, 2004, 06:51 PM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
So, will this event be all day??? I would like to fly in the combat but I really dont want to go for the killer attack stuff (unless Alan is showing up). Only kidding buddy...
Maybe I can take some aerial photo's and some video. What time is everyone getting out there?

Kenny
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
Old Feb 06, 2004, 08:19 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
Not sure I'll get to fly at all this weekend. My assistant wasn't paying attention yesterday and I got whacked in the head with a 30 pound steel shelf on a piece of equipment. I've got a 2 inch gash in the top of my head, blurred vision and some pretty nasty headaches. I B.S.ed the boss and told him I was fine so I wouldn't have to sit in a doctor office for 5 hours. If the vision doesn't get better and the headaches improve by tomorrow I may have to give in and see a saw bones. If I think its safe to fly tomorrow I'll be there. If not, you won't see me until next weekend at the earliest.

Joe
Old Feb 06, 2004, 08:51 PM
Must cancel PayPal acct!
AZ
Joined Mar 2003
1,077 Posts
Sheesh Joe! That's horrible luck. Don't toy with a head injury... Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Drivie
Old Feb 06, 2004, 10:38 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Joe- That actually sounds like a mild concussion. I think it's called mode 1 or stage 1, where you don't lose consciousness or memory but your vision is blurred and you have bad headaches. I've heard they go away in a day or two. I wouldn't push yourself too hard if I were you, though.

Kenny- I'll probably get out around 4:00. If you tell everyone not to hit the streamerless airplane, you should be relatively safe. I'm not going for kills right away, but I can definitely see it going in that direction AV/AP of the combat would be awesome, too!

Dan- You gotta call in sick more often! Hopefully all you guys start getting some breaks with work.

Joe (P)- Yeah, it's amazing the lengths we'll go through to enjoy this hobby Fortunately, I'm only about 30 minutes away from the big glow field

Get better soon Joe,

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
Old Feb 06, 2004, 10:58 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
Dan,

Actually I was out for a just a few seconds. No problems other than the vision and the headaches but that's to be expected when you get whacked that hard. I had pretty bad nausea last night but that's completely gone now so I think your right with the concussion diagnosis. The biggest problem is that I keep opening the cut and end up bleeding all over.

I worked for a while today but it was too hard to focus while driving so I took off early. I'm hoping I'll be okay tomorrow. I can't go a weekend without flying!

Joe
Old Feb 07, 2004, 11:54 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
Well I'm out. Still not feeling too great. Probably won't be at the bowl tomorrow either. I think I'm going to take the weekend to rest. Gotta be 100% for work Monday.

Joe
Closed Thread