SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 03, 2004, 03:26 PM
Joined Feb 2004
42 Posts
Gyro neccessary? for nuova faor?

is a gyro necessary? how do you launch the bike. every time i launch it, it tumbles. any tips guys? thanks!!
blackx5801 is offline Find More Posts by blackx5801
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2004, 03:40 PM
USA, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Jan 2004
299 Posts
problably pulling to left or right.check steering make sure its centered.first thing is to make it run straight,so its neutral for turning.make sure you have good steering system.
oron7 is offline Find More Posts by oron7
Old Feb 03, 2004, 06:46 PM
Joined Jan 2004
88 Posts
I agree, in the first couple of runs, the goal should be straight ahead.
Once the bike is actually going straight, adjust the steering trim so that it will go straight if you let go of the steering wheel.

Once it will stay straight on it's own, then start trying some wide sweeping turns.

If the bike does anything unstable when you first start out let off the gas and try again. Do not try to "drive" or "power" through steering problems or wobbles. As you get more experienced you will learn that there any many times when getting on the throttle will make the bike stable and allow you to get back in control. However, when you first start out it is better to back off the throttle at the first sign of danger.
Once you get the hang of it you will discover that these motorcycles are the most fun R/C vehicles to drive.
bagmouse7 is offline Find More Posts by bagmouse7
Old Feb 03, 2004, 07:09 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
These guys are dead right!

Also check reversed steering - turning the wheel / stick to left needs to make the front wheel turn right. And don't forget the quicker the bike goes, the more stable it is and the more it wants to drive straight. If you are timid with the throttle when pushing the bike off, the slow speed will create little gyroscopic effect, causing the bike to want fall left or right.
Also check centering / binding:
Take off (and keep off to start with) any steering damper. With the steering at neutral, look at the top triple clamp to see if the steering is centred. Adjust on trimmer to get it right. Move the stick full left then let return to neutral. Is the steering still centered? Do the same full right, still centered? if yes, you're OK and with a fair bit of speed (faster than walking pace) the bike should stay upright.
If no, there is stiffness in the steering, favourite place to look is balljoint. Also check steering rod doesn't catch anything

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Feb 03, 2004, 08:06 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Also adjust the fork rake full outwards.

STeve B (providing comments from the peanut gallery) in NC
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Feb 03, 2004, 11:38 PM
Joined Jan 2004
88 Posts
More great tips.
Nuovaic is right.
When you are first starting with the bike, getting it to start can be difficult.
I usually hold the bike in my hand and then give it throttle (a good amount, 1/2 or more throttle). Then I release the model as if I was letting go of a bowling ball. A nice smooth release. I try to hold the model up when it first contacts the ground, and then for about 2 or 3 more feet. That should be all it takes because by then it should have built up enought speed to stay upright.
You could also start with the model in the ground. Crouch down and hold it with light pressure in your right hand away from your body. Point it so that it goes "across" your body rather then away from you. Then give it full gas. As it pulls away hold it upright as it passes in front of you.
Once you get the hang of it you will discover how to start it up when it is laying down it's side.
bagmouse7 is offline Find More Posts by bagmouse7
Old Feb 04, 2004, 01:35 AM
Joined Feb 2004
42 Posts
COOL. THANKS GUYS!! MY STEERING WAS REVERSED. kINDA STRANGE HOW IT WORKS, BUT YOU WERE RIGHT. YOU GUYS ROCK. THANKS.
blackx5801 is offline Find More Posts by blackx5801