HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ViperZ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:00 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Discussion
Took the Slash Ultimate out today

My buddy had been after me for some time to get a Slash, so I finally cave in and ordered Slash Ultimate. It came home to me yesterday from Edmonton, so I only had time to make some connectors, charge the batteries and familiarize myself with the kit. I was waffling between the Platinum Kit and buying a quality radio like a Futaba or Airtronics, but decided to just get the RTR for the time being, so I could basically plug and play.

I have to say, I was surprised in the irony of getting my kit in the Greg Adler color scheme, only because 2 of my friends already have the Slash 4x4 in this scheme. Needless to say something had to be done about it. So a trip to the hobby store at lunch today yielded a Robbie Gordon scheme. I was actually looking for a clear body I could paint, but there really wasn't anything in stock at the store, so I settle for this one as I liked the bright color. I also had plans of paining a body in pearl white and flo orange, so this one called my name.

After work my friends and I headed out to a local BMX track and proceeded to bash, what a hoot! I was using a pair of Nanotech 5300mah, 70c packs I had purchased for an on-road car I was building, but used them here instead. I was amazed at the amount of run time form these packs, and how much power they supplied to the truck! 2 packs was more than enough for the evening of running around.

About the only disappointment I have is the feel of the steering wheel feedback on the TQi transmitter. It really felt stiff, non linear and disconnected to the truck, its as if the wheel needed a bit more movement to allow more input feel or something. I have driven cars for quite some time and this was the strangest feeling radio I have felt ever. Needless to say that is my next upgrade. To be fair I wasn't expecting a lot, and when I did see how the Traxxas Link worked I was sort of excited for this using my iphone. Needless to say, it's not enough to hold me.

The truck itself is a hoot, as I could not believe the amount of punishment and abuse it took and just kept running. Its amazing the stuff this truck will run through.. There wasn't a lot of stuff that held it up, or got it stuck, it would just tear up anything in it's path. I can't image it on a 3s, which I'm looking forward to, and maybe sometime down the road a Mamba Pro 2700kv.

Anyway, enough reading, here are some pictures of the kit out of the box and the session this evening. Enjoy!

Out at the play ground

Handles nice in the air

Nice dust trail, stable. I took this shot while driving too!

My buddies Slash

My buddies Summit

As long as you kept throttle on, it would not sink

My buddy airing out my Slash, he still landed it!

The Summit doing the water trough

My Slash looking real like

More water

Nice Dust storm

Shooting pebbles

Took a beating, but seems no worse for wear

Thanks for reading!

VZ
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Last edited by ViperZ; Jul 16, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts