HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

20% off Goblins at Helidirect!

Check out this permanent price reduction!

Splash

Selling out quickly!

Helidirect‬ is delighted to announce the permanent price reduction of 20% for all Goblin 700 and 630 helicopters. New prices for these kits:

Goblin 700 helicopter kit - $799.00

Goblin 630 helicopter kit - $719.00

Learn More Here

Discussion

Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:13 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,942 Posts
I think I might be a bit upset if I had just bought one at the regular price.
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:35 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
That heated debate is going on over at HF right now. I have no qualms about it myself. When you buy a product, you agree it at that time is worth it. Now that the price has come down. It just makes the already stellar Goblin an even better deal. Almost to the point of not buying rebuild parts, just buy another!

Now Sab has seriously upped the bar, as the entry price puts it smack dead center into the mix of vastly inferior kits. Win win all the way I say.

Lets see what they do with the new supposedly improved version rumors say is coming?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:55 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Same thing happens everywhere..... you buy a new car and a month later you will find it for a lower price, or a TV, Games console.... the list goes on

It's just one of those things
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Jul 18, 2013, 03:14 AM
Where's the swimming pool
Joined Jul 2011
970 Posts
The telling thing is the 500's are not discounted. : )
spykez is offline Find More Posts by spykez
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:56 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
The telling thing is the 500's are not discounted. : )
Nor the bigger guys. Rumors have surfaced everywhere the 630/700 class is in for an update. This permanent sale may not apply to the newer model if this is true. So enjoy why you can. The uncertainty here is also what helps drive sales also. If everyone runs out of stock, then the deal is over and the retailers win. All back stock is sold, and the market is now ready for the new model... Which is a brilliant move on Sab's behalf.

Just from a marketing perspective. Who knows if any of this is really true?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:03 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,942 Posts
Or Sab knows something about upcoming regulations to our hobby( like maybe weight restrictions or size)?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Or Sab knows something about upcoming regulations to our hobby( like maybe weight restrictions or size)?
I do bet this is coming. But this doesn't explain the fact the 770 is still full price. I could have pulled the trigger today on another 700 at this price as a back up. But chose instead to buy another deeply discounted SkBlack and Gps system from Jeff Barrett. His own units with only about half a dozen flights on them. Which are going on my own Goblin. He is now flying with the new Demon on his 7HV. Jeff sent back all his Sab stock a few months ago as he felt Sab wasn't taking care of his customers the way that he wanted. They do have a few issues that they are choosing to ignore. But Rc groups such as this one tend to have these problems surface and get discussed. Much like Compass's fiasco with the Warp.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1,867 Posts
Quote:
I'm betting on a revised V2 which fixes some of the issues of V1...

Doesn't really matter to me...since it has dropped to the bottom of my "to buy list"...
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:10 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,942 Posts
Ya,there's so much out there right now its a buyers market,no need to buy problem copters,just buy the one that works for ya and makes you happy!!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:21 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Ya,there's so much out there right now its a buyers market,no need to buy problem copters,just buy the one that works for ya and makes you happy!!
So true! Wish I had the $$$ for that Diabolo in the FS section. OMG