HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:13 AM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,362 Posts
Discussion
US F3B Team heads to Germany!!!!

Allright US soaring enthusiasts, the team of Tom Kiesling, Dave Klein, and Darrell Zaballos will be heading off to Germany to represent all of us at the World F3B Championships in Germany. I know every one of these guys quite well, and I know they have all worked real hard to prepare.

I called the Team Manager, Gordon Buckland, last night to see how they were doing with their preparation. They are all flying incredibly well, and are ready to represent the good ol' US of A... but they could use some motivation to go over and grab the Gold!!!

Soooooo... I am NOT going to donate a 100 dollar bill for each thousand point round (I'm way too selfish for that ), but I will buy $100.00 of raffle tickets for each granny the guys knock down.

Let's show them how much we appreciate their efforts.

Who else can join me?

Huge thank you to Tom, Dave, And DZ!!! We all appreciate your efforts.
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:27 AM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,179 Posts
Thanks Daryl!

Believe it or not this kind of enthusiasm really does motivate the team.
Even if you only want to play at $10 or $20 that would be great too!

Keep in mind we have a lot of great prizes in the raffle. My favorite is of course the Fosa.

I enjoy flying it every time I go out - it really is a great performing model - by far the best F3B model I've flown. Each time I fly it I learn more about it and know there is even more performance left to extract!

If an F3B model isn't your thing, Soaring USA has graciously offered a 3.5 or 3.8 X2 Xplorer in place of the Fosa.

These are of course just two (yes two (!) Fosas are in the raffle) of the great prizes.

Thanks everyone for your support! The team is really looking forward to this event and we will do our best to represent the US and make you proud!

Tom Kiesling

http://www.teamusaf3b.com/?page_id=1163
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:05 AM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,362 Posts
No worries, Tom. I know the devotion and dedication it takes to represent us on the world champ level. You guys have worked hard enough, we don't want you digging into your pockets as well. Make sure I have to buy A LOT of raffle tickets... daddy needs a new Fosa....
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:36 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Perkins View Post
Allright US soaring enthusiasts, the team of Tom Kiesling, Dave Klein, and Darrell Zaballos will be heading off to Germany to represent all of us at the World F3B Championships in Germany. I know every one of these guys quite well, and I know they have all worked real hard to prepare.

I called the Team Manager, Gordon Buckland, last night to see how they were doing with their preparation. They are all flying incredibly well, and are ready to represent the good ol' US of A... but they could use some motivation to go over and grab the Gold!!!

Soooooo... I am NOT going to donate a 100 dollar bill for each thousand point round (I'm way too selfish for that ), but I will buy $100.00 of raffle tickets for each granny the guys knock down.

Who else can join me?

Holy smokes Daryl ! That is awesome. I do intend to turn that pledge into a small car purchase. :0

Thank you so much for the plug. This is the hardest the team has worked in a really long time. We are are fairly dialled, but still amped to improve on all the small details every week. Tom and I flew Poway yesterday and did 50 measured seed runs between the two of us. We had only one base B cut all day but were still flying really tight. We are really on another level as compared to two years ago when we brought home the silver team medal. Darrell is doing the same. He spent the weekend dominating the F3F team selections, winning the event.

We are 10 days away from leaving for Germany. Baggage fees are really expensive this year (first bag free, second $100, third $285 ). A little financial infusion can really help right about now.

Thank you to all of our supporters. It means everything.

Below is a preview of our new Team Jackets and Jerseys. We still have 6 Jerseys for sale, 3xL, 3xXl
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Jul 15, 2013, 01:27 PM
Crestview, Florida
Joined Dec 2005
620 Posts
Wow, F3B in the Herrig brother's back yard!! Gonna be tough!!
Tappet is offline Find More Posts by Tappet
Old Jul 15, 2013, 02:28 PM
USA, CA, Vista
Joined Jun 2003
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappet View Post
Wow, F3B in the Herrig brother's back yard!! Gonna be tough!!
Hey Tappet
Think how the Herrig's must feel the pressure ,
"Cr@p I had better not screrw up! in my own back yard" LOL..

US Team progress report ;
Being the team helper,"Chief button pusher.".I can say our guys are peaking nicely.
Fast ,tight ,and hungry!

Great team synergy,each week everyone is pushing to do better.

Thanks in advance to the Soaring community for all your continued support !.

Dyno Don
Dyno Don is offline Find More Posts by Dyno Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Aug 2006
1,543 Posts
Don, you are a machine! Thank you for your un-waivering team support! You have been there at Poway and all the comps keeping everything moving and keeping everyone honest. Having seen you in action, I would really like to extend a sense of gratitude from the F3B fraternity.
Avaldes is online now Find More Posts by Avaldes
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:55 PM
USA, CA, Vista
Joined Jun 2003
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaldes View Post
Don, you are a machine! Thank you for your un-waivering team support! You have been there at Poway and all the comps keeping everything moving and keeping everyone honest. Having seen you in action, I would really like to extend a sense of gratitude from the F3B fraternity.
Thanks Aaron,
So glad to be a part for this GREAT group of guys !

Dyno
Dyno Don is offline Find More Posts by Dyno Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:39 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Sep 2005
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Perkins View Post

Who else can join me?

Well Thank you DP it's greatly appreciated.

And thanks for the kind words.

DZ
darrellzaballos is offline Find More Posts by darrellzaballos
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:42 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Aug 2004
1,825 Posts
I am going to cover one of those baggage fees for you, amigo. Sending in a shot in the arm.

WD
concreteman is online now Find More Posts by concreteman
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:27 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,597 Posts
Hey DP
That is awful nice of you.
Thanks for the idea and thanks for the terrific encouragement.
Who else wants to play?
Who else can pledge $20 $50 or 100 in ticket purchases for every hard earned thousand the guys make.
It really is not going to be easy pickings over there with a lot of very good pilots to beat but this idea is a great motivator!
Come on support the team!
Gordon
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:25 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,526 Posts
Thanks Warrenn! Karma rocks.
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:37 PM
Joined Jul 2002
533 Posts
Wow, what a challenge. The best F3B pilots in the world will be there representing their country so those 1000's are not going to be easy.

But I know our pilots, how capable they are, how hard they push and how much they enjoy a new challenge. Bring those $ and show your support.

Thanks,

Glauco
Glauco is offline Find More Posts by Glauco
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:24 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,587 Posts
Good luck Dave, Tom and Darrel and safe travels!

Reto
RetoF3X is offline Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:45 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,585 Posts
Best of luck to team USA.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target