HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Dual and Quad Link from TrueRC

Make your own Pepperbox and Gatling antennas

Splash

Link multiple antennas together for increased gain

The dual and quad links from TrueRC.com are an easy way to connect multiple antennas of the same frequency (1280MHz only) together for increased performance. By using 4 antennas, you will make your own Gatling; a long-range antenna with very high gain but a narrow beam. If you use the dual link, you'll be making a pepperbox which has 3dB less than the Gatling, but a much wider beam width and reduce the need for an antenna tracker.

Taken from TrueRC's website: Dual Link: Here's yet a new thing at TrueRC: The 1280MHz "dual-link". Like the quad-link, but to match two antennas instead of four. I made it for an interesting use: To convert a Gatling into a pepperbox antenna by replacing part of the matching network. Just unscrew either the two left or two right elements and screw the dual-link. (be sure to mark your connector to put them back at the same place.) Your Gatling will then turn into a 13dB pepperbox, useful at the field in case your tracker let you down. Quad Link: Matching network to link four antennas together for increased gain (5-6dB). Coax from antennas must be exact same length. Place four antennas 9 1/4" apart center to center, forming a square.

Pricing:

• Dual Link: $30
  • Quad Link: $25

Link to product

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 13, 2013 at 09:40 AM..

Discussion

Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
Joined Feb 2012
17 Posts
Sorry for my apparent ignorance but if you combine two antennas using the dual link, would you then be able to combine an omni with a directional?
longgtom is offline Find More Posts by longgtom
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:41 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,835 Posts
No, these are designed for two like patch antennas (i.e. a pair or 4 crosshairs)
you would need a separate receiver and diversity switcher for an Omni and patch combo.
matt
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2013, 04:59 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2012
842 Posts
when can we expect to see the 5,8 ghz ones, and yes i know they will be smaller
quadcopter007fpv is offline Find More Posts by quadcopter007fpv