HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
372 Posts
What Ryan said above. This will either make the Phantom extinct or drive prices way down. VERY smart marketing by introducing the Nano qx first.......
speakertoanimals is offline Find More Posts by speakertoanimals
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:18 PM
United States, MD, Mt Airy
Joined Jun 2013
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo831 View Post
Blade designed the Quad to be out of the box, ZERO setup... charge and fly. For that, you can not compare it to a MWC setup price that requires users to know what they are doing to put the Heli together and programmed properly. Blade is a commercial product line for customers who don't need or care about program setup and code. they just want something that works right out of the box. No Fuss, No mess.
Yeah, that was kind of the point I was making...
Wolfmetalfab is offline Find More Posts by Wolfmetalfab
Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:24 PM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,953 Posts
I'm excited about this as well for the reasons that people are mentioning - it flies out of the box and has all of the features I, as a novice multirotor pilot, need.

Yes it's pricey but probably less so that me trying to learn how to build a similar unit, buying the wrong parts, burning up an ESC or flight stabilizer with a bad flash or crashing repeatedly because it's not setup right...

Once I have the hang of things and I'm ready to move on I think this platform will give me the foundations to do so successfully.
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:32 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2006
76 Posts
Same size as Naza 450

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a rather small multi. But it is 18" across which is in the same range as the Naza 450. A very nice compromise size.
W5HYN is offline Find More Posts by W5HYN
Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:45 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
780 Posts
Agreed, you're going to pay a little more for an assembled, tested, product. Looking at the NanoQX if a bargain but it's small. I think it's a good deal, I can't wait to see people fly it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo831 View Post
Blade designed the Quad to be out of the box, ZERO setup... charge and fly. For that, you can not compare it to a MWC setup price that requires users to know what they are doing to put the Heli together and programmed properly. Blade is a commercial product line for customers who don't need or care about program setup and code. they just want something that works right out of the box. No Fuss, No mess.

Figures a Baylander (or Bay area flyer) would peak the truth... ;-)
MaydayMayday is offline Find More Posts by MaydayMayday
Old Jul 10, 2013, 07:23 PM
1st to the scene of the crash
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Jul 2012
1,470 Posts
I believe theirs just enough room on the shelf between the MX400 & MQX for the 350QX to fit.
Laneritc is online now Find More Posts by Laneritc
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2013, 08:03 PM
Scarab Pro Pilot
United States, CA, Capitola
Joined Jan 2011
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday View Post
Agreed, you're going to pay a little more for an assembled, tested, product. Looking at the NanoQX if a bargain but it's small. I think it's a good deal, I can't wait to see people fly it.

Figures a Baylander (or Bay area flyer) would peak the truth... ;-)
You should know, being a baylander yourself :P

Since I am a full on multicopter pilot the 350QX gives me nothing my Scarab multicopters can't already do better

I wonder how long til Blade makes an FPV version
piccolo831 is online now Find More Posts by piccolo831
Old Jul 11, 2013, 05:21 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,970 Posts
I think its too pricey for the market and could stand to be a little bigger. Another mini.............It it was a tad bigger it would be great product and price..
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:03 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,518 Posts
The frame seems reasonably priced at $31.49 and maybe the battery cover and battery frame may be needed?

So $40-50 for the frame plus Multiwii components might be the way to have one of these for acro flying. I wonder what the weights are like?
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 07:18 AM
Vampyre Inc
Rochester, New York
Joined Nov 2004
2,562 Posts
I think a 400 to 450 size would be better at launch.... Blade appears to be following the trend of trickle down releases.
QUAD
QUAD + SAFE
QUAD + SAFE + Camera
Next will be
QUAD + SAFE + Camera + FPV
QUAD + SAFE + Camera + FPV + Waypoints

it works for them as they trickle products out, this will appeal to those who want a spektrum ready quad.

For those that are into AP or FPV, They have already built there Multirotors.

Will Blade's new 350 Quad sell... you bet it will, cheaper then a DJI, with about the same features.
HoverDown3K is offline Find More Posts by HoverDown3K
Last edited by HoverDown3K; Jul 11, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Mar 2013
41 Posts
Any info about the fc & gps system? How reliable it is compare to naza, superx, apm, openpilot, etc...?
fpvboy is offline Find More Posts by fpvboy
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:53 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
James Haley flying the CRAP out of it!! :O

350 QX Agility Mode Unofficial Video (2 min 53 sec)
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:06 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,167 Posts
It's very nice and will appeal to the RTF/BNF crowd.

For me, not so much, it lacks the "hack" value mw, arducopter, openaero, etc have. I wonder if it will have PID tunable settings (a must imo, a slight warped blade will make it very crashable otherwise).
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:19 PM
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
James Haley flying the CRAP out of it!! :O

Holy moly! That dude can fly!!! So, I should be able to do flips like he is on my nQX (in Agility Mode) if I get better?
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:44 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207 View Post

Holy moly! That dude can fly!!! So, I should be able to do flips like he is on my nQX (in Agility Mode) if I get better?
That's what happens when you fly helis for a living. hehe

I don't think the nQX will be able to do aerobatics quite this well... the 350 QX looks like it has a ton of power. But, you can certainly do some rolls and flips with the nQX.
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman