HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:34 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
767 Posts
Hey guys, appreciate the reply,
-----The safe mode is quite restrictive-----,Dave i kinda figured that's what it was being so restrictive,thanks for confirming it
I just did 2 more flights in stability, getting a feel for the 350 and had no problems moving around in the wind,no safe or rth with these flights just some fun flying
Lowi,thanks that's some good info, good to know if i do some video,i am not planning on any serious vid yet,i dont even own a gopro any ver, i just want to have some fun flying fpv,i have the mqx i snagged for 50 when HH was getting rid of them and added a nano qx board to it for SAFE,with a 1.3 50mw tx,i get into some tree slalom out back of my house in the woods,with the fatsharks.lots fun
but i wanted something bigger with more power and range,gonna slap on my 5.8 600 immersion and see how it goes,if i record i will use my #18 cam,
i am rereading the instructions i read them back in sept when this was coming out and did the quick startup today so i forgot most, LOL
funny when i first got it this morning i had it on the table going threw the lights and modes and thought i better hold this down so i put a couple soft pack weights from scuba on the skids,and i got a lock in the house and thought let me arm it and spool it up abit,well i forgot its in stick relativity mode and the thing goes almost full throttle LOL than would have been nice explaining to the wife the hole in the ceiling,lucky the weights kept it in place,but im starting to get it worked out ,gonna get a night flight in before the storm'
Thanks Guys Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Nov 2013
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440 View Post
Hey guys, appreciate the reply,
-----The safe mode is quite restrictive-----,Dave i kinda figured that's what it was being so restrictive,thanks for confirming it
I just did 2 more flights in stability, getting a feel for the 350 and had no problems moving around in the wind,no safe or rth with these flights just some fun flying
Lowi,thanks that's some good info, good to know if i do some video,i am not planning on any serious vid yet,i dont even own a gopro any ver, i just want to have some fun flying fpv,i have the mqx i snagged for 50 when HH was getting rid of them and added a nano qx board to it for SAFE,with a 1.3 50mw tx,i get into some tree slalom out back of my house in the woods,with the fatsharks.lots fun
but i wanted something bigger with more power and range,gonna slap on my 5.8 600 immersion and see how it goes,if i record i will use my #18 cam,
i am rereading the instructions i read them back in sept when this was coming out and did the quick startup today so i forgot most, LOL
funny when i first got it this morning i had it on the table going threw the lights and modes and thought i better hold this down so i put a couple soft pack weights from scuba on the skids,and i got a lock in the house and thought let me arm it and spool it up abit,well i forgot its in stick relativity mode and the thing goes almost full throttle LOL than would have been nice explaining to the wife the hole in the ceiling,lucky the weights kept it in place,but im starting to get it worked out ,gonna get a night flight in before the storm'
Thanks Guys Ron
There was a guy on youtube that turned his 350qx on in his kitchen and it got gps lock ... he then took it outside into his garden and had a fly around.

When he hit rth it came down on his roof above his kitchen as thats where he turned it on and registered as home ... lets just say he needed new parts lol.
Lowi_uk is offline Find More Posts by Lowi_uk
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:58 PM
Joined Oct 2013
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowi_uk View Post
This is me flying today in 15mph wind FPV ... it will hold position just like your MQX with no wind ... if there is wind it will drift just like your MQX so you just fly it to wherever you want it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wmdLx7b5Q
Your video looks quite smooth for 15 mph wind. The MQX would have to fight harder in that wind...

OK, I'll try that tomorrow.
spinner_deluxe is offline Find More Posts by spinner_deluxe
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:02 PM
kwhabq
NEW MEXICO
Joined Nov 2004
643 Posts
Quote:
There was a guy on youtube that turned his 350qx on in his kitchen and it got gps lock ... he then took it outside into his garden and had a fly around.

When he hit rth it came down on his roof above his kitchen as thats where he turned it on and registered as home ... lets just say he needed new parts lol.
And.....a lesson on reading the manual.
kwhabq is online now Find More Posts by kwhabq
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
Guys. Just wondering if there are any dx6i dsm2 users?
Every time I start up, I find my self having to bind again. Any tips?
Given there are a good number of gimbal installation over here, any consensus wether I should buy the eBay gimbal or the tarot? Or should I be looking at something else? I intend to buy the gopro 3+.
I have the 2800 mah zippy and 2200 zippy compact lipo's

Thanks in advance!
Torchy
Torchy is offline Find More Posts by Torchy
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:22 PM
Joined Oct 2013
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchy View Post
Given there are a good number of gimbal installation over here, any consensus wether I should buy the eBay gimbal or the tarot? Or should I be looking at something else? I intend to buy the gopro 3+.

Thanks in advance!
Torchy
You should go as leightweight as possible. This will give a longer and safer flight. Did you check the Mobius Action Cam? 39 grams and your gimbal could then also be much smaller and lighter. I use it and have 10 mins of flight time including brushless gimbal and 2200 mAh pack.
spinner_deluxe is offline Find More Posts by spinner_deluxe
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:31 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Nov 2013
75 Posts
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Torchy
I use a DX6i and have no issues .. once i have bound it stays bound.
Are you turning your 350qx off before you switch the DX6i off and also turning the DX6i on before the 350qx ... sorry if you already know this but sometimes its the simple things we overlook.
Lowi_uk is offline Find More Posts by Lowi_uk
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:41 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
2,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
It is my understanding is that when the cam is recording the 1080 video it will also interfere with the GPS on phones. (saw this in a thread) It would be interesting to have people using an Android app such as GPS test and place the camera near the phone while recording and see if the reception changes much. Maybe try different SD cards etc too.

Is it possible when the go pro 3 is recording 1080 p the wifi is being activated partially or something? The again when I use wifi on my phones I have never seen any GPS issues.
Yes, I have tested it with a Bad Elf GPS and last night also with the GPS in the Galaxy Tab, it shows significant drop in satellite reception when the GoPro is close.

I'm not convinced it is the SD card in my case, as the interference is still 80% present when the camera is on but not recording, and I even tried removing the SD card altogether, The GoPro alone turned on causes some GPS interference.

It is definitely worse when actually recording 1080 video. (on my Hero 2 at least)
Rob2160 is offline Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:46 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
2,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
Here is some aerial video from a GoPro and 350 QX at a New Years Fun Fly in a dome. The video is a lot more stable with no wind! I shot this at 1080 60 fps in medium width. The only problem I had was dodging all the planes.

http://youtu.be/lelvFbLVMWw
The vid looks really good, much nicer when flying in smooth conditions.
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:49 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
2,412 Posts
Quote:

That's interesting, I always thought the home position was stored where you first arm the props. Not where the GPS first locks. I'll have to test this... Maybe he armed indoors took off indoors and then flew outside.. that would do it..
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:50 PM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
België, Vlaams Gewest, Putte
Joined Jun 2004
1,009 Posts
Spektrum TM1000 Telemetry without it's protective case, mounted in 350 QX .

And some extra LED strips on the bottom frame.
danny.act is offline Find More Posts by danny.act
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:53 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
2,412 Posts
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Torchy
I have tried mine with a DSM2 dX6i. The thing to remember with DSM2 is after you turn the transmitter on..... wait.... about 10 seconds before turning on the Quad.

DSM2 needs to scan the 2.4Ghz band first and find two relatively free channels. This can take several seconds. If you turn on the quad while the TX is searching for free channels it will not see any TX and will enter bind mode.

DSMX is on instantly when you turn on the TX so it is less likely to happen.

I have experienced the same with some ultra micros on DSM2 and just got in the habit of waiting 10 seconds.
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:54 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2012
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.act View Post
Spektrum TM1000 Telemetry without it's protective case, mounted in 350 QX .

And some extra LED strips on the bottom frame.
I like the placement of the stripped tm1000. What are you receiving telemetry on? Pack voltage I expect, but are you able to receive other information?
ronaldj is online now Find More Posts by ronaldj
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:59 PM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
België, Vlaams Gewest, Putte
Joined Jun 2004
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldj View Post
I like the placement of the stripped tm1000. What are you receiving telemetry on? Pack voltage I expect, but are you able to receive other information?
At this moment : Pack voltage & Altimeter function.

Saw this modification earlier posted in this thread , removing the case will give little more mounting space for the TM1000 but on the other hand it will be more fragile when crashing.
danny.act is offline Find More Posts by danny.act
Last edited by danny.act; Jan 02, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2014, 06:02 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
That's interesting, I always thought the home position was stored where you first arm the props. Not where the GPS first locks. I'll have to test this... Maybe he armed indoors took off indoors and then flew outside.. that would do it..
I think your correct about position being stored when arming props. I fly in a field across the road and always get gps in my driveway prior to going into the field to fly because my drive is nice and flat. I have only used RTH once in the field and it returned to where I armed the motors. I would have s@@@ if it tried to return to my drive through the pinetrees and electrical lines...lol

Page 13 of online manual.

6. When you are prepared to fly, quickly move the rudder
stick all the way left and then all the way right.
The props will begin to spin. The home position for
GPS functions is set and your aircraft is ready to fl y.
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Last edited by Ginohio; Jan 02, 2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added page of manual