HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2013, 09:07 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
United States, AR
Joined Oct 2013
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nos482 View Post
saw this somewhere so i thought i would fab one up......helped with the jello.......seems when it gets cold i have more jello with the QX gopro mount cause the rubber is less plyable......so tried this and seems to help as the nitro fuel line doesnt harden up as much in the cold
Very clever. Nice job.

I want a Mobius. I have an 808 camera now. I was getting tons of jello using the QX's mount. Oddly enough attaching the camera rigidly right on the QX (no rubber grommets) eliminated most jello. I wonder if the mobius would be better off rigid?
DaddyBigas is online now Find More Posts by DaddyBigas
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2013, 09:39 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyBigas View Post
Very clever. Nice job.

I want a Mobius. I have an 808 camera now. I was getting tons of jello using the QX's mount. Oddly enough attaching the camera rigidly right on the QX (no rubber grommets) eliminated most jello. I wonder if the mobius would be better off rigid?
I have a 808 as well. If you take some 1" thick foam weatherstriping (sticky on one side) and coil it up inside the QX GoPro cage, then force the 808 into the middle of the coiled foam, it does a really good job of isolating vibration. The adhesive tape on the foam will keep it coiled and stuck inside the cage. My 808 is probably a version 3, decent, but the mobius is so much better in every way.
tware is offline Find More Posts by tware
Last edited by tware; Nov 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 09:48 PM
United States, AR
Joined Oct 2013
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware View Post
I have a 808 as well. If you take some 1" thick foam weatherstriping (sticky on side side) and coil it up inside the QX GoPro cage, then force the 808 into the middle of the coiled foam, it does a really good job of isolating vibration. The adhesive tape on the foam will keep it coiled and stuck inside the cage. My 808 is probably a version 3, decent, but the mobius is so much better in every way.
Thanks, will try that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:50 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
Thanks for that, I'll make one of these tomorrow

Found this vid also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usRE3gLFnOc
Probably the video I learned it from. lol
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:58 PM
Australia, NSW, Windsor
Joined Apr 2006
421 Posts
Adding a "Quad" Avatar to DX9 display

The new Spektrum DX9 transmitter has the capability to display additional "Avatars" for each model memory.

In stock form the Spektrum software assigns only 1 of 3 Avatars, Fixed Wing Aircraft, Sailplane or Helicopter when you setup a new model, however the DX9 already has all the same graphic files as the DX18 in its firmware, so if you would like to have a nice little QUAD instead, edit your models config file on your Mac or PC and add the following single line of text as shown in RED below.

Here is the first part of my 350QX file but same applies if your flying a Nano QX, Phantom or whatever.

<Spektrum>
Generator="DX9"
VCode=" 1.01A"
Originator="HS309XBxM5v6U0BpwICvhlUMedb0gD"
mmNum=2
bCode=4
PosIndex= 5
Type=Acro
curveIndex= 7
enabXPLUS=Disabled
modelimage=8
Name="Blade 350 QX"
</Spektrum>

<Acro>
Wing=Standard
Tail=Normal
</Acro>

After adding the line, save the file and reload from the SD card to DX9 memory.
Corona44 is offline Find More Posts by Corona44
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:59 PM
United States, CA, Santee
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Hello, first post to the forums... So here goes... A few hundred posts ago there was talk of adding the TM1000 to the 350QX to get more telemetry options. Then the topic faded out. I really want to get my DX9 to tell me altitude and voltage remaining when I am flying. After opening up the quad's frame I see a perfect spot to mount the TM1000 next to the GPS antenna, behind the battery compartment. This would keep everything neatly inside the quad. My question is whether anyone feels the TM module would interfere with the GPS being that close. Does anyone know if the TM1000 creates interference similar to what the GP cameras have been causing with this quad? To my knowledge it is transmitting back to the TX, but I do not know if its transmissions are known to cause GPS issues. I am planning to run the power to the TM from the existing servo pins at the front of the quad, I will just remove the signal wire from the TM data lead to prevent unbinding issues. Thanks for any help!
KuyaJon is offline Find More Posts by KuyaJon
Last edited by KuyaJon; Nov 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:05 PM
United States, AR
Joined Oct 2013
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona44 View Post
The new Spektrum DX9 transmitter has the capability to display additional "Avatars" for each model memory.

In stock form the Spektrum software assigns only 1 of 3 Avatars, Fixed Wing Aircraft, Sailplane or Helicopter when you setup a new model, however the DX9 already has all the same graphic files as the DX18 in its firmware, so if you would like to have a nice little QUAD instead, edit your models config file on your Mac or PC and add the following single line of text as shown in RED below.

Here is the first part of my 350QX file but same applies if your flying a Nano QX, Phantom or whatever.

<Spektrum>
Generator="DX9"
VCode=" 1.01A"
mmNum=2
bCode=4
PosIndex= 5
Type=Acro
curveIndex= 7
enabXPLUS=Disabled
modelimage=8
Name="Blade 350 QX"
</Spektrum>

<Acro>
Wing=Standard
Tail=Normal
</Acro>

Whoa! Excellent tip. Will do that tomorrow for sure. We need an unofficial document to cover all the stuff available via direct editing of SPM files. Hopefully Spektrum will add all this to the DX9 UI someday. Or maybe a PC based SPM editor will pop up.

Will have to see what other images are available for model display.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined Jun 2010
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed3d View Post
Zippy is a little bit longer and thicker but fits well with no mods. Get a solid 2 minute longer flight. Costs $27 shipped.
Thanks for the info, I looked at these Zippys but thought they might be too big.. after reading your post I just ordered 4 - an extra 2 minutes will be just perfect.

From Aus Hobbyking warehouse four of them worked out to $22 each with shipping.
Rob2160 is online now Find More Posts by Rob2160
Last edited by Rob2160; Nov 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:21 AM
I fly until gravity starts.
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
Quote:

<Spektrum>
Generator="DX9"
VCode=" 1.01A"
mmNum=2
bCode=4
PosIndex= 5
Type=Acro
curveIndex= 7
enabXPLUS=Disabled
modelimage=8
Name="Blade 350 QX"
</Spektrum>

<Acro>
Wing=Standard
Tail=Normal
</Acro>

I'm a complete newb on my dx9 and don't wont to mess this up. I would love to add a quad avatar. Is there any way you can post a YouTube video? or some step by step how to do this? Thanx..
Chargedflyer is offline Find More Posts by Chargedflyer
Old Nov 18, 2013, 03:16 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,592 Posts
A couple pics from the other day using the GP3B. Pics taken at 1/2 sec intervals.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:30 AM
SPOOOOOOON!
Joined Oct 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyBigas View Post
Will have to see what other images are available for model display.
Here they are:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...56&postcount=1

kj
kmj73us is online now Find More Posts by kmj73us
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:30 AM
Bye helis.. Hello multicopters
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2005
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine View Post
A couple pics from the other day using the GP3B. Pics taken at 1/2 sec intervals.
Beautiful shots!
SFS75 is offline Find More Posts by SFS75
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:35 AM
Death before decaff
United States, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jun 2013
343 Posts
Quote:

<snip>

Great information, and all the avatars (along with the methods) are listed in this thread.

Something that's pointed out there is to use something like Wordpad or Notepad++ under Windows, since Notepad will alter the End of Line.
live4java is offline Find More Posts by live4java
Old Nov 18, 2013, 09:46 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine View Post
What setting? I stopped using it to take pictures as I hate the distorted look. I usually record at 1080P60 narrow.
Then I just pull pictures out of the video.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:03 AM
SPOOOOOOON!
Joined Oct 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
What setting? I stopped using it to take pictures as I hate the distorted look. I usually record at 1080P60 narrow.
Then I just pull pictures out of the video.
I wonder if the fisheye remover option in the gopro software works on the photos, too?

kj
kmj73us is online now Find More Posts by kmj73us