HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:40 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modglock20 View Post
Regarding a black box...

Www.deputiUSA.com has a 1080p cam with GPS route recording. I bought 3 of them. They have a software that display the video and where you are on the route, using Google maps.

Not quite a black box which records vehicle functions, but records GPS route, GPS speed with 1080p video. Fwiw.

One of these days, I'll fit it onto the 350qx.
The immersion software does that for any video that has the gps signal on the audio channel. I can run it real time or run it on the video after along with Google Earth, and see the path.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:06 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudchaser101 View Post
Keeping my hand in with the Nano QX and the AR Drone (finally good enough to fly the AR Drone outside today!) Flight testing the Mobius Action Cam that I will use on the 350 QX. The shot below is a frame grab from the Mobius video taken early this morning.
That's the best part about these aerial cams, seeing all parts of the world, from amazing perspectives! Thanks for sharing.
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:12 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,728 Posts
Is this ezOSD your talking about Alan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
The immersion software does that for any video that has the gps signal on the audio channel. I can run it real time or run it on the video after along with Google Earth, and see the path.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Oct 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:17 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Sigh...first the SPCNC and HH stuff shows up in New Zealand and now the UK. Meanwhile here in Canada we wait and wait and wait. Just have to love Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.
Yeah i'd say it's got to be your customs but don't worry to much UK customs like to play games too every now and then,on a side note my B props came in last week from HH UK,haven't had the weather or time to try them out yet though and still i'm still in two minds about getting the SPCNC prop adapters.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:34 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Is this ezOSD your talking about Alan?
Yes, use that on my SW and it sends the GPS stream down the right audio channel. This records with the video and you use the immersion player to "play" the video and it will load up Google Earth and then show you the path and altitude of the vehicle.
I use the current sensor with mine as well, and the EZuhf with the connector so I can see my RSSI values during flight.
I won't add all this to the QX as the weight is more than I think is worth it, but a small OSD I would be interested in.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:40 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,728 Posts
Same here

I want a small light weight Osd as well for 350

Quote:
Yes, use that on my SW and it sends the GPS stream down the right audio channel. This records with the video and you use the immersion player to "play" the video and it will load up Google Earth and then show you the path and altitude of the vehicle.
I use the current sensor with mine as well, and the EZuhf with the connector so I can see my RSSI values during flight.
I won't add all this to the QX as the weight is more than I think is worth it, but a small OSD I would be interested in.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:53 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,187 Posts
May I ask what would be the minimal information needed in an OSD? I'm thinking volts and possibly current? I like the fiber optic remoting of the status led to the edge of view of the camera as a quick and dirty way to get some information.

Any suggestions or links would be appreciated!
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:10 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,744 Posts
I thought that would be a good way as well, but hate having it in the screen of the recording. Yes, you can run a higher resolution (1920 x 1440 instead of 1080 and crop it out) but that also lowers my fps to 45 instead of the 60 I like to use.
I would like speed, altitude, and direction. Volts and current don't matter much as I use the timer on my radio and stay within the 80% of the battery capacity.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:12 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
What we all see is just a symptom of something else.

Many companies chose Chinese sourcing, because of low cost, for key components in the system then have it backfired on them. HH is just one of many stories. From the Chinese point of view, They'd probably make 10-15cents on each prop, so shipping 50,000 props only make them at best $8k. Based on my experience with them, just about 80% of what they shipped is good. The cheap price you enjoy economically pays for the other 20%, whether you realize it or not. The real cost occurs when that 20% reaches your customers.

They'd be a good supplier for non-essential parts, like the skids on the copter, but never for an essential part.
I think you place the blame in the wrong places. The Chinese are the same kind of capitalists as everyone else - they will do the least possible amount of work to satisfy the customer. That is a RULE in manufacturing, whether the plant is in China or somewhere else doesn't matter. The Chinese can produce any quality level you want. The problem is, you have to want it.

Precision Aerobatics and Aeroworks are both made in China and they are the highest quality ARF aircraft you can get. The only difference between them and other companies is they are demanding that high quality level. If HH is not producing the quality level we want, it's the fault of HH, not China.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:29 PM
United States, FL, Lady Lake
Joined Oct 2013
451 Posts
Quote:
Is that a freeware ? I'm interest.
Modglock20 is offline Find More Posts by Modglock20
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:44 PM
FPV enthousiast
Belgium, Flanders, Beveren
Joined Jul 2013
380 Posts
Got my adapters today! Super fast!
Ordered last week Tuesday, one week later, Tuesday, they're in!
From USA to Belgium, one week. How about that, Hong Kong?

Very nice adapters in a nice package. Installed, fitted very smoothly onto the motors.

I even hadn't time yet to get some propellors, as I expected the adapters to take much longer in the mail!

I'm still doubting which props to get. APC SF 3.8 or 4.7...
I'm more than happy with the performance (except the failing) of the stock blades, and would like it maybe a bit smoother. It doesn't have to be aggressive whatsoever.

Which ones would you recommend? 3.8 or 4.7?
JaZzMaN251 is offline Find More Posts by JaZzMaN251
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:45 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,744 Posts
Here is the link for it Modglock20
Might only work with Immersion though, but will let you check.
http://www.immersionrc.com/downloads...wnload_file=38
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:48 PM
Joined Oct 2013
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I think you place the blame in the wrong places. The Chinese are the same kind of capitalists as everyone else - they will do the least possible amount of work to satisfy the customer. That is a RULE in manufacturing, whether the plant is in China or somewhere else doesn't matter. The Chinese can produce any quality level you want. The problem is, you have to want it.

Precision Aerobatics and Aeroworks are both made in China and they are the highest quality ARF aircraft you can get. The only difference between them and other companies is they are demanding that high quality level. If HH is not producing the quality level we want, it's the fault of HH, not China.
Not trying to place blame at all.

It is what it is. A matured management decision will have realized that, and work around it. Don't blame young management either, it's their learning curve. Brighter days are in their future. Don't blame them to try lower costs either, since they had probably invested $1M or more developing the whole system and have to recoup the investment.

Case in point: why the mQX retailed at $139 not too long ago, then dropped down to $49 ? That's a lot of margin. Top 2 answers: recoup investment and intra-product cannibalization (nanoQX and 350QX).

Again, it is what it is. You want to be the first? You pay more. Go to another industry, the Boeing 787. Was it really a problem free product at intro? Nah.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:50 PM
Joined Oct 2013
451 Posts
Quote:
Here is the link for it Modglock20
Might only work with Immersion though, but will let you check.
http://www.immersionrc.com/downloads...wnload_file=38
Thx!

Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:52 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Not trying to place blame at all.

It is what it is. A matured management decision will have realized that, and work around it. Don't blame young management either, it's their learning curve. Brighter days are in their future. Don't blame them to try lower costs either, since they had probably invested $1M or more developing the whole system and have to recoup the investment.

Case in point: why the mQX retailed at $139 not too long ago, then dropped down to $49 ? That's a lot of margin. Top 2 answers: recoup investment and intra-product cannibalization (nanoQX and 350QX).

Again, it is what it is. You want to be the first? You pay more. Go to another industry, the Boeing 787. Was it really a problem free product at intro? Nah.
But, you're saying the problem is because the thing came from China. I'm saying the problem has nothing to do with that, it's a management issue. Maybe that's what you meant, hard to tell. You assert that "China produces 80% quality" and that's NOT a rule. You can get whatever quality level you demand. If you demand 80% that's what you're gonna get. So, I'm disagreeing with the premise of your argument - that China produces a certain quality level.

Your advice not to source items from China, which I cut out of the quote, is just plain wrong. China can produce good stuff IF YOU WANT IT. IF China is producing bad quality it's because that's what we're asking for.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501