HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2013, 09:47 PM
Medical IT Geek
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience View Post
The really big question for me is, can this be flashed with future updates (a la ar700bx) or are we talking buying newer products? For the price point I would hope it can be updated by the end user.
You hit the mark rocketscience! It's not rocket science the controller and updating firmware will make or break this quad. Marketing probably has a cunning secondary market (proprietary) scheme ready to go on that!
Syntax is offline Find More Posts by Syntax
Last edited by Syntax; Jul 13, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:19 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
You hit the mark rocketscience! It's not rocket science the controller and updating firmware will make or brake this quad. Marketing probably has a cunning secondary market (proprietary) scheme ready to go on that!
Uh how is that? am I missing something?

most buying this are going to attach a Gopro to it and have mad fun
I will add this to my AP fleet and could care less if I need to update firmware
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:06 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
514 Posts
It looks like HH finally came out with something that fits my bill. I have been working on a 350mm FPV rig but at $419.00 ARTF this is a pretty good deal. Just about any quad with GPS is going to cost around $400.00 to build, Yes you can get MultiWii controllers for $30 and GPS for another $30, $10 motors, Yada, Yada, Yada, But there aren't many you can pull out of the box and go fly. I think the landing gear resembles a bow-legged chicken but the frame looks like an IdeaFly. I can't stand the Phantoms looks, Ever see a white phantom?, Even Rolls Royce's white phantom is called a ghost, To me it looks like a marshmallow that had its corners pulled out and motors stuck on the ends, Also the landing gear looks weak. HH has always treated me like a customer should be treated and I can rest easy knowing that the parts will be just a click away or a short drive down the road. I pre-ordered a BNF just to find out the release date on the RTF is early Sept. according to Atlanta Hobbies website. As far as firmware upgrades, It would be nice but I'm sure if there are first run bugs that HH will make sure they get attended to, They didn't Have to notify those who received the early DX6i owners who got a batch of bad potentiometers. The aftermarket on this alone is going to be crazy.

About the only thing I see that I don't care for is the SMART orientation, I know, It doesn't have to be activated but the way I read the description SMART mode is the only way to get GPS/ Altitude hold, Stability GPS mode is just for position hold. SMART mode seems to me like DJI's Intelligent Orientation mode, If this is correct and folks end up FPV'ing this thing, As soon as you're facing yourself in SMART mode, Moving your Ail. stick to the right is going to make it go to it's left, Not Good!, I can see this happening as someone's going to want to hold position and altitude to get a nice shot, Unfortunately it will be of the CRASH!.
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Last edited by Gadget-Geek; Jul 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:33 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Uh how is that? am I missing something?

most buying this are going to attach a Gopro to it and have mad fun
I will add this to my AP fleet and could care less if I need to update firmware
There have been plenty of updates to hh products that (usually) improve its performance. Sometimes you update it like the ar7200 or sometimes you have to buy a new one like the mcpx.

There is always room for improvements. Always. Especially when it comes to fbl and multirotors. When that time comes I don't want to spend $400 over and over again.

If you are happy with v1 of anything while everyone is on v3 I have to say I am impressed.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
There have been plenty of updates to hh products that (usually) improve its performance. Sometimes you update it like the ar7200 or sometimes you have to buy a new one like the mcpx.

There is always room for improvements. Always. Especially when it comes to fbl and multirotors. When that time comes I don't want to spend $400 over and over again.

If you are happy with v1 of anything while everyone is on v3 I have to say I am impressed.
so your saying we might be able to do some updates for a better flying quad?

this stuff I'm not at all up on...
Old Jul 13, 2013, 01:25 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,943 Posts
it would make sense that you could update firmware because
1. HH will be able to sale a special tool to flash it with(and we know big companies like money)
2. every other board on the market in its class has firmware upgrades (so if HH did not do this they would loose a lot of sales)
3.Technology is moving to fast for these type of machines to no allow the option of a firmware upgrade.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jul 13, 2013, 01:44 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
It has GPS onboard and Altimeter.

You can get all functionality with a DX5E (v2) or higher.

DX6i and 7's are a bit less convenient as they don't offer a 3 pos switch, so you need 2 switches (+mix) to get 3 modes... (assuming you want all 3 in flight).

Others offer 3 position switches... for most direct control of flight mode selection.
(5Ev2, DX8, and higher...)

David
Will you be providing a downloadable preset file for DX8 and other 3 pos switch Spektrum TXs as a spm file?

- - david
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Jul 13, 2013, 05:22 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK View Post
When is the optional gimbal going to be listed?
If this HH Blade 350 QX is a hit...

I suspect there might be a small cottage industry built up around making brushless gimbal camera mounts for this quad.

Not to mention a multirotor price war...could be coming.

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Jul 13, 2013, 05:42 PM
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post

I suspect there might be a small cottage industry built up around making brushless gimbal camera mounts for this quad.

-mike-
yes.....
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:59 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post

-mike-
If HH does a good job with FC (which is a hard thing to do), I won't be surprise to see a strong sales.
Having said that, I think HH should already start thinking about a 600 or 650 quad or hexa for aerial photography with good price and good service.

The biggest problem with the overseas companies, is getting customer service. Once they got your money, you're screwed.
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Jul 15, 2013, 01:05 AM
Blade Product Development
Joined Apr 2006
292 Posts
Quote:
The really big question for me is, can this be flashed with future updates (a la ar700bx) or are we talking buying newer products? For the price point I would hope it can be updated by the end user.
Yes.
bgjames111 is offline Find More Posts by bgjames111
Old Jul 15, 2013, 02:44 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgjames111 View Post
Yes.
Awesome! Thanks for dropping by!
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:22 AM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
United States, TX, Del Rio
Joined Mar 2004
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgjames111 View Post
Yes.
Kickin'!!!
Keith43221 is offline Find More Posts by Keith43221
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,976 Posts
So, with the altimeter and GPS built in, would it be possible to add an autopilot to fly way points?

Does the 350 QX require an Rx?

I am excited about this one.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jul 15, 2013, 08:55 PM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
4,231 Posts
I have some questions... Can it fit a larger battery? Are there there the same features as the DJI?

RTH failsafe, GPS flying mode and IOC(home lock,etc)?
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster