HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2013, 09:33 AM
Orlando FL
Joined Jul 2013
308 Posts
Banggood is listing the Walkera at 4 price points, this is a bit confusing, if the BNF for 310 is really a BNF then way would adding a radio in the ready to fly version increase the price by 160, that Devo 7 TX can be bought for 60 bucks without receiver. Sounds like you need a complete radio system if buying the Basic Version, If this pricing is correct then there is no price advantage in taking the Walkera over the Blade, This now comes down to performance, I will be waiting to see those side by side reviews. May the better quad win my money.

Dennis from Orlando
For 4 channel flight, nothing beats a quad
Dennis S is offline Find More Posts by Dennis S
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2013, 09:38 AM
Multirotor geek
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2013
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S View Post
Banggood is listing the Walkera at 4 price points, this is a bit confusing, if the BNF for 310 is really a BNF then way would adding a radio in the ready to fly version increase the price by 160, that Devo 7 TX can be bought for 60 bucks without receiver. Sounds like you need a complete radio system if buying the Basic Version, If this pricing is correct then there is no price advantage in taking the Walkera over the Blade, This now comes down to performance, I will be waiting to see those side by side reviews. May the better quad win my money.

Dennis from Orlando
They are all different, and the Devo 7 FPV has a monitor on it, the standard one doesn't. The other two, one is "wifi" enabled, the other is just BNF.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
kenpoprofessor is offline Find More Posts by kenpoprofessor
Old Aug 17, 2013, 09:40 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,138 Posts
Quote:

Dennis from Orlando
I'm gonna bet you Blades will have the best performance and best FC.
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Aug 17, 2013, 09:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
756 Posts
Blade is the only way to go.
TheBeastTamer is offline Find More Posts by TheBeastTamer
Old Aug 18, 2013, 06:47 AM
Looking for the perfect heli
Morton, IL
Joined Jan 2005
119 Posts
I echo the Walkera woes.
My first ever heli was a Walkera and was complete and total garbage.
They have ZERO customer support in the States.
It would take a serious change in the company for me to ever consider them again.
Michael_Blue is offline Find More Posts by Michael_Blue
Old Aug 18, 2013, 09:31 AM
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanf58 View Post
Blade is the only way to go.
+ 1 Local hobby store support, great customer service.
rockstar08 is offline Find More Posts by rockstar08
Old Aug 19, 2013, 09:11 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2011
113 Posts
I saw some posts on a Blade 350 QX Facebook group that if you have a DX6i, since it doesn't have a 3 way switch, it's not going to work with all the modes. Supposedly that's why they are including a DX5e with the RTF.

Can anyone confirm this? I was set to get the BNF and a new DX6i, but now I'm not sure.
Cmac610 is offline Find More Posts by Cmac610
Old Aug 19, 2013, 09:34 AM
Blade Product Development
Joined Apr 2006
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac610 View Post
I saw some posts on a Blade 350 QX Facebook group that if you have a DX6i, since it doesn't have a 3 way switch, it's not going to work with all the modes. Supposedly that's why they are including a DX5e with the RTF.

Can anyone confirm this? I was set to get the BNF and a new DX6i, but now I'm not sure.
It is absolutely possible to use all the modes with the dx6i. Check out page 4 on the quickstart guide here.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH7...ckStart_EN.pdf
bgjames111 is offline Find More Posts by bgjames111
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:36 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgjames111 View Post
It is absolutely possible to use all the modes with the dx6i. Check out page 4 on the quickstart guide here.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH7...ckStart_EN.pdf
Thanks so much bgjames!
Cmac610 is offline Find More Posts by Cmac610
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:06 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Jul 2013
308 Posts
My question is about the TX too, up till now all my quads and helis have been ready to fly, so I have a good collection of cheap radios, I would like to end that cycle now and get a good radio that will work with the Blade quad and buy the BNF version when released. I also would like it to work with my V911 and V949. What does everyone recommend, I see a lot of people using Flysky/Turnigy radios, the Blade comes with a Spektrum, Any advantage of one over the other?

Thanks,
Dennis from Orlando
Quads eat 4 channel helis
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:45 PM
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,462 Posts
Quote:
My question is about the TX too, up till now all my quads and helis have been ready to fly, so I have a good collection of cheap radios, I would like to end that cycle now and get a good radio that will work with the Blade quad and buy the BNF version when released. I also would like it to work with my V911 and V949. What does everyone recommend, I see a lot of people using Flysky/Turnigy radios, the Blade comes with a Spektrum, Any advantage of one over the other?

Thanks,
Dennis from Orlando
Quads eat 4 channel helis

My personal opinion, if you want a very good radio use the FrSky Taranis and modules, if you want a cheap and good radio but worst than the FrSky use the Turnigy 9XR and modules, dont need to have more than 1 Tx...

You can get a OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 module for 20$ with a buddycode on Hobbyking...
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:07 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Devo radio with DeviationTX firmware.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:01 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Jul 2013
308 Posts
Lost quad

I was out at the park flying today, had my Hubsan X4 way to high, wind caught it and carried it toward the lake where it lost signal and fell, I thought it came down near the waters edge but I never could find it, I did find this guy near where it came down ( picture below) , in Florida trees are not the only thing that can end your flying day. The Blade QX 350 with it's Smart Mode and stick relativity would had not suffered this end.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 05:52 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:
I was out at the park flying today, had my Hubsan X4 way to high, wind caught it and carried it toward the lake where it lost signal and fell, I thought it came down near the waters edge but I never could find it, I did find this guy near where it came down ( picture below) , in Florida trees are not the only thing that can end your flying day. The Blade QX 350 with it's Smart Mode and stick relativity would had not suffered this end.
Ah must be kinda scary seeing that thing in the water. yikes! Probably ate the little quad you had.
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Old Aug 21, 2013, 04:15 PM
Registered R/C Addict
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Woah that's scary! I would've Sh*% myself if I stumbled upon that young croc!

Good thing it wasn't a $1000+ quad! I've lost 2 different aircraft in my R/C days. One was a Blade MCX2 which is a micro co-axial heli that I thought I could take really high and control in the wind and a foamy airplane that glided into our city dump (our flying field is "kinda" close to the dump site) due to servo failure..

Either way, it's a sad sight to see your baby fly away into Neverland.

----------------------------------------------------------

Just a curious, innocent question:

What would the Smart Mode and stick relativity have done for signal loss?? Did losing orientation cause you to get too far for a signal or did you intentionally fly that high?

What radio transmitter were you using? Was it 2.4?

Thanks,

Looking to buy one of these as soon as its out
scienc is offline Find More Posts by scienc
Last edited by scienc; Aug 21, 2013 at 04:35 PM.