HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:22 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2008
288 Posts
Discussion
DJI Naza Lite vs Naza M

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted here but here I go.

I have been looking ta the DJI Naza flight controller and I found that tehre are 3 versions:

DJI Naza Lite

DJI Naza M

DJI Naza V2

So If I understand this correctly, the Naza Litle and the Naza M are the same but the Lite has limited functionality correct? What exactly is limited about it? The DJI page just states that the Lite is for entry R/C level and Naza M is for AP/RC Enthusiasts. I have been flying multirotors for a few years so I want a flight controller that can give me full control.

Any imput would be great!
Thanks,
Max Kauker
noxnflame is offline Find More Posts by noxnflame
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2013, 08:33 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2013
42 Posts
Hi mate,

I recently ordered a LITE w/ GPS.

Pretty new to the NAZA systems but as far as I know the LITE comes with set firmware and cannot be updated.

I've heard the V2 addresses some issue that the M was having with light sensitivity?

Hope this helps. I've managed to get my hands on a LITE w/GPS for quite cheap from my LHS so yeah will be trying it out soon when I start my FPV quad build.

cheers
rceight6 is offline Find More Posts by rceight6
Old Jul 18, 2014, 08:15 AM
TerryM
United States, AR, Heber Springs
Joined Sep 2001
723 Posts
If you look on the DJI web site they give a comparison of features. You get full control and features with the lite. You don't get the ability to add enhanced gimbal control, telemetry and a DJI or similar OSD. You can still control a gimbal and use a minim/mavlink OSD tapped into the GPS for about $50. Supposedly the more expensive Naza is a little more accurate in position hold.
orectolobus is online now Find More Posts by orectolobus
Old Jul 19, 2014, 08:34 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2013
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxnflame View Post
Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted here but here I go.

I have been looking ta the DJI Naza flight controller and I found that tehre are 3 versions:

DJI Naza Lite
DJI Naza M
DJI Naza V2

So If I understand this correctly, the Naza Litle and the Naza M are the same but the Lite has limited functionality correct? What exactly is limited about it? The DJI page just states that the Lite is for entry R/C level and Naza M is for AP/RC Enthusiasts. I have been flying multirotors for a few years so I want a flight controller that can give me full control.

Any imput would be great!
Thanks,
Max Kauker
Here's are some links to the DJI website that should answer your questions:

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M
http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-lite/feature
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2

Take some time, look them over and if you have any questions just post your question(s) ....
DJI27 is offline Find More Posts by DJI27