Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 09, 2013, 12:55 PM
Joined Jul 2013
3 Posts
Help!
New Hoverthings Flip, n00b questions

I took my new flip out today for the first time, it seemed to fly well, but I have some (probably)dumb questions about it.

It has the EZ3.0 board with GPS, FYI

When I was setting up my dx6i, the instructions mentioned to set several travels to -130 to 130. It seems the dx6i only goes from -125 to 125, am I missing something? I didn't install the MW software on my PC yet, because I thought everything was setup out of the box.

Should I have to bind the transmitter each time? I've had to so far.

How (can I) set the auto-hover or position hold?

I also had the LVC installed, and as far as I know it's defaulted to 3-cell. What are the jumper settings to switch between 3 and 4 cell (I found the actual jumper location, I just don't know what to change). Also, reaaaaaally dumb question, will you actually hear the alarm? Does it come from the heli or the transmitter?

To any responders, I appreciate it in advance. This thing is a ton of fun so far, I just want to learn how to use all of the features. Thanks!
UFCSam is offline Find More Posts by UFCSam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Jul 2013
3 Posts
Can anyone head me in the right direction?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:55 PM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,390 Posts
the dx 6i set on 125 instead of 130 should be fine....yes 125 is all you can get on a dx6i

you should not need to bind everytime...once should be enough....did you pull the bind plug?

to set position hold you might need to set up some multiwii configuration software on your pc...unless someone from readytofly can tell you which channels were assigned to these functions.

on a dx6i you only have gear and flap to play with....i think both are two position switches.

not familiar with the lvc you speak about...is it possibly a low voltage alarm? as far as I know the alarm in one of those is very loud and you will hear it from the alarm/heli

post some pics if you can...that may help us help u mo betta
guyaneze is offline Find More Posts by guyaneze
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Jul 2013
3 Posts
Thank-you sir! I'll try to get a picture of the Low-voltage alarm tonight, and see if it makes any sense to anyone. About the bind issue, I may be an idiot (I didn't remove any bind plug). I've only used the dx6i with a Blade MCPx, and it didn't use a bind plug. I'll give that a shot.

I'll give the software a try either tonight or tomorrow, and see if I can tell what my aux switches are set to.