Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2004, 11:01 PM
Slope and thermal
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2003
402 Posts
Eclipse 7 trailing edge camber on switch

Hi Mike,

I have an Eclipse 7 that I use on my full house (6 servo) F3B glider (and my slope foamies!). For launch I cannot find a way to do full trailing edge camber on a switch. I am able to have flaps camber for launch using the three position switch, but the ailerons stay neutral.

Based on my Internet searches and the Hitec FAQ, it seems that it is not posible to do full trailing edge camber on a switch with the Eclipse 7. I looked at the use of flight conditions for this and determined that it would not be suitable.

Are you planning any software upgrades to make this possible ?

This seems to be the biggest missing feature that stops full house flyers from using the Eclipse 7 and forces the use of JR, Futaba, etc. It seems like a simple enough feature to add to the STM1 and STM2 screens?

Thanks
Eric.
EricSoar is offline Find More Posts by EricSoar
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2004, 08:19 AM
.Denver, Co.
Joined Feb 2003
1,413 Posts
You can do full TE camber on the Eclipse, But you got to use channel 7 switch and VR-1 knob, which is a pain and dangerous. Since coming back to neutral (inflight) is not always exact. Sure not worth the hassle.
flyingdogtwo is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogtwo
Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:15 AM
Slope and thermal
Joined Apr 2003
402 Posts
Hi Mike,

Are you there !

Eric.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:18 AM
.Denver, Co.
Joined Feb 2003
1,413 Posts
I made a grave error previously. You do not have to use the VR-1 knob when doing full TE camber. But you still will have to use two switches. Inconvient, I know, but it will save you from having to purchase another TX right away.
I've got my VR-1 knob turn "all" the way in one direction and my flap servos arms set at 'this' point. So I do not have to ever touch the VR-1 knob. Set your three way switch (mode) to give you flap camber as you wish. Forward or back. Go to the F-A programing (which is controlled by the chanell 7 switch). With this switch turned on (swtich pulled towards you) adjust the aileron throws to desired amount. My ailerons are set at -3. Which is roughly 1/16" camber. So, you will be throwing the three way & channel 7 switch at the same time to get full TE camber. Not the ideal situation, but it works with what you got.
Hope this helps!
Last edited by flyingdogtwo; Feb 25, 2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:29 AM
Slope and thermal
Joined Apr 2003
402 Posts
Thanks flyingdogtwo,

Now I have to decide whether I want to throw two switches just before zoom launch time to remove the full trailing edge camber!

Still thinking about that one.

Regards.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 07:55 AM
.Denver, Co.
Joined Feb 2003
1,413 Posts
Yes, kinda a pain.
Last edited by flyingdogtwo; Mar 23, 2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 05:34 AM
Slope and thermal
Joined Apr 2003
402 Posts
Mike,

Any chance of a software upgrade for this ?

Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:59 AM
.Denver, Co.
Joined Feb 2003
1,413 Posts
I wrote to Hitec about this, couple years ago. They wrote back and told me that "they" were working on this delima. But the fix would probably involve a new TX. Would be nice if the old TX would be included, too. Hope the Evo is "not" the only solution.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 05:54 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,190 Posts
Sorry, there is no update to solve this problem.

We did get it right in our new 6 channel radio set to debut at the Toledo show in a couple of weeks though. I know... that doesn't help!

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry