HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2013, 10:49 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
594 Posts
Discussion
Night RC

Anyone Delt with this guy? Im curious if they are still in business or processing orders? I cannot get any info from this company on my order status. I have sent emails and texts and left voice messages pertaining to my order.

Robin Bailey
PO Box 506
Roy, UT 84067
(435)881-9831
DbleX is offline Find More Posts by DbleX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2013, 06:31 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,589 Posts
how long has it been?
did you use paypal?
scale_only is online now Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jul 03, 2013, 06:50 AM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
594 Posts
Ten business days and yes I used PayPal. Now I'm not flaming the guy, simply trying to understand how they operate.

Intent of keeping it local is to pay a little more for convinience and get it sooner.

Site mentions to follow up it is easier to text or call and both have met no reply's.

Just looking for an answer
Old Jul 03, 2013, 07:11 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,589 Posts
Well, 10 days is outside the window of average shipping times, especially to ship from UT to TX,, since you can't get a reply either, I'd go ahead with the PP process,, that might be enough to get his attention.

good luck
scale_only is online now Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jul 03, 2013, 08:06 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,672 Posts
There ya go. If he won't answer the door let PP use their knocker.

Y'know, these 'cottage industry' guys gotta realize - if they're gonna be in business they've gotta respond to their clients. Once the communications stop, it's an automatic "Uh Oh!" It's kinda incredible the number of 'angst' threads we've seen in here where the buyer's sent money & suddenly the comms stop. RED. FLAG. !

'Course it don't do the buyer much good when he sees red flags after the fact.

Something that's almost as bad -- when you've asked one or several critical questions and he does reply, but completely fails to answer your questions. Or it's gibberish. Why the hell did he even write & waste both of our time, and mine even moreso if I'm gonna have to go back & repeat the questions? I automatically presume he's trying to hide or obscure something. RED. FLAG. ! And in most cases, I'm gonna come back, awright.......and tell him to just cancel my order.

As I've said before, if a guy won't talk with you about a deal beforehand, where's he gonna be if something goes wrong?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by StarHopper44; Jul 03, 2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:23 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Still no response

I wish I would have read this post before I placed an order with this guy. I placed an order well over 3 weeks ago and my order status on the website is still in "processing". I've tried to reach him by phone a few times, email and through his website messaging and still no response. I paid via paypal and today I asked for a refund through Paypal. Hopefully that will get some attention. It's so frustrating... It looks like a nice product, but he really needs to clean his act up. if you're not taking order, then tell people that and hold on new orders, don't just take our money. AVOID THIS GUY.
rbgetz is offline Find More Posts by rbgetz
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:41 AM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
594 Posts
Not to ruin your day, but I never got my order as of today. I gave up

Took me 5 months to get my money back.....

Night RC blows. Communication in today's world is something you just can't use as an excuse. Everyone has a phone, everyone is checking their phone 1000 times a day. So it's a hard pill to swallow for me. I mean let's be honest, I walked out of a Chuck e Cheese and handed a homeless guy my party left overs and I interrupted his conference call with his homeless buddies that he had on speaker.....

If you own a business and are online, I would bet a dollar your getting emails and messages as we send them.
Last edited by DbleX; Apr 13, 2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old May 04, 2014, 08:37 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Well... It's now May 4th and I still have not been able to get a hold of this guy. He took my money and never sent product or responded back to be. AVOID THIS GUY... I went on Paypal resolution and still no response.
rbgetz is offline Find More Posts by rbgetz
Old Jun 03, 2014, 10:05 AM
Joined Sep 2004
9 Posts
Night rc

I placed an order on his website on 5/22/14. Order is still processing. Also after trying to question via his contact page, and using the (I'm hard to get a hold too) text message . . . I tell you what though. I'll go after him if my order isn't fulfilled, I don't mind the wait for custom products, but like someone stated. This should be something announced, and not the typical orders arrive in 5-12 business days . . Have your item(s) built and ready or state otherwise . . .
DARBONE is offline Find More Posts by DARBONE