|Dec 04, 2001, 04:11 PM|
Best battery for a SPEED 400 LMR sailplane (Omega 1.8)
My Omega 1.8 sailplane has a Graupner Speed 400 w/4:1 gearbox. Our club's limited motor run contest requires a standard 6-volt 400 motor and a 7-cell battery. We are allowed to use a new battery for each flight.
I'm currently using 7x600AE batteries and an 11X8 prop. It seems like I'm not really getting as much power out of the motor as I could. I've seen some info that says that 500AR batteries are better for LMR than 600AE. So here are my questions:
1. What is the best battery to use?
2. I have a Zagi N-500A battery. How suitable is it?
3. I have a 7xKR350AE battery. Since I only need enough capacity for a 45-second motor run and running the servos and receivers for a max of 15 minutes of flight time, seems like this lighter battery would work well. How well would this battery work?
Thanks for your input!
|Dec 04, 2001, 06:03 PM|
1) CP1300 or 800AR. Genuine high-quality 500AR cells would be good, but you won't find them for sale - the current cells are no better than 600AE. 700AR would be good too, but again, hard to find. Therefore, CP1300 or 800AR..
2) Very unsuitable.
3) You would cook this pack the first time you tried it.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What is the Hottest Brushless setup for a speed 400 sized sailplane.||soholingo||Electric Sailplanes||10||Dec 14, 2002 11:53 PM|
|New Battery for speed 400?||Richard Emholtz||Foamies (Kits)||2||Sep 27, 2002 08:49 AM|
|WTB : battery for speed 400 plane||Havens54||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||3||Jun 11, 2002 06:44 AM|
|FS. FVK 1.8M Simply the Best competition class speed 400 electric sailplane||bfraser||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Feb 08, 2002 03:00 AM|
|Light weight battery for Speed 400 (Wingo/Soarstar)||joemi||Foamies (Kits)||3||Nov 03, 2001 07:24 PM|