HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2013, 03:52 PM
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Discussion
Syma S34 Rotor shaft vibration

I just recieved the Syma S34 chinook and found it has a vibration as if out of balance on both rotor shafts at about 75% and over rpm. Connecting buckles have been added to both sides and vibration still happens.

Fixable?
kpklein is offline Find More Posts by kpklein
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2013, 11:36 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,015 Posts
kpklein,

I've got a S34, But haven't flown it all that much, But I did get some video of it flying. I don't have any vibration in the shafts, But it sounds like you have something loose or bent on yours.

Did it do this from the start? If you haven't crashed the Heli, I would contact the seller and see about getting a replacement.

I would check all of the screws that hold the blades and in general give everything a once over. Sometimes the motors are not tightened down or aligned properly with the spur gears. Also make sure nothing is binding.

I'm not sure about the spare parts availabilty, as I haven't broke anything on my S34. Being it's a fairly new Heli, parts might not be in stock everywhere. The Heli's are almost always repairable, if you throw enough parts at them.

Here's one seller that has spare parts listed for the S34.

http://www.syma-rc-helicopter-parts....are-parts.html

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Jul 02, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Thanks J. It seems to smooth out fairly well in flight. I had another suprise with it lastnight while fliying, after a hard landing the lower front rotor was not turning on it's own, but after pulling the direction lever full back then forward again it started running normal, that happened a couple of times since but still works.
kpklein is offline Find More Posts by kpklein