HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2013, 11:56 AM
Spain, Community of Madrid, San Fernando de Henares
Joined Mar 2006
33 Posts
Discussion
Latigo Dlg

Hello Mates!

Some time ago we have started the production of this plane and I want to share with you.

This is the Basic Design:

We Have Milled two moulds of two types of wings with different airfoils and wing patterns. The Standard ones are perfecto for light conditions, and the Dinamic ones are specially designed for windy days

In this website you have more info:

www.tecnoepoxy.com

And also a video of the plane:
f3k dinamic english version (3 min 16 sec)

We use a new system of pull pull cables for rudder and also elevator, which improves the sensitive of the inputs and also reduces de consumption of the servos.

I'll give you some details soon. Hope you liked it
Vectorf3f is online now Find More Posts by Vectorf3f
Last edited by Vectorf3f; Jul 01, 2013 at 12:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2013, 02:31 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,419 Posts
Looks good, nice job on the pull-pull. Tails look like a copy of the Swindells but I assume are not and are designed to match the wing?

Any more fuselage photos?
samc99us is online now Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Jul 01, 2013, 02:44 PM
I have a DLG problem...
United States, NC, Southern Pines
Joined Aug 2011
447 Posts
Another awesome looking new DLG... great time to be a DLG pilot!
Scrib is online now Find More Posts by Scrib
Old Jul 01, 2013, 02:58 PM
Reno Nevada
Joined Oct 2007
2,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samc99us View Post
Looks good, nice job on the pull-pull. Tails look like a copy of the Swindells but I assume are not and are designed to match the wing?

This comment opens an interesting conversation? What really constitutes a copy, where might the original have been a copy of, or is anything sacred or copyrighted anyway?

Actually, I was personally taken back because designers tend to leverage nice looking shapes or sizes and this is really not any different.

Does the shape of the tips of a surface really matter, and was it used decades ago to perform a function, or was it just nice looking?

I am very disappointed that someone should say this is a copy of that when really it is not a copy at all. I was once going to ask the question "Why do all these major mfd'd DLGs look all the same? I discovered this more than a decade ago when I was taking measurements and pictures of DLG and all seemed to be the same. If someone comes out with something significantly different, you know as well as I that if that difference matters to competition, it will be copied by everyone. Great new planes, if they do perform better, only are better for one or maybe two contests before whatever they have as an advantage is incorporated into another, and another plane.

Let's get off this copy pedestal and look at the surfaces themselves? Airfoils make a big difference, whether it be a wing, or a fuselage, or a set of tail surfaces. Slight area differences really do not matter. I could have said the tails look like Validol tails (which they do BTW).

Let's let comments like this a copy of that go away. Besides, maybe some manufacturer is supplying tails for another. That does happen to, ya know?

I think this plane looks nice, molded well. Besides we don't know all the specs.

Chris
Thermaln2 is online now Find More Posts by Thermaln2
Old Jul 01, 2013, 03:13 PM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2011
756 Posts
man the choice of models is getting bigger and bigger - awesome position to be in!!!
gtrbaby is offline Find More Posts by gtrbaby
Old Jul 01, 2013, 05:03 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,419 Posts
Chris I meant no offense but re-reading it could be taken offensively. I meant to ask if they were building tails in-house or using Swindells? The fact that these look like Swindells should be taken as a compliment, given Swindells attention to detail and high build quality!

Yes it is an awesome time to be a DLG pilot not sure about being a builder/producer with the potential flood gates...
samc99us is online now Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Jul 01, 2013, 05:29 PM
Joined Mar 2006
33 Posts
I have to explain more things about the plane, The tails are made by Swindells for our model, they are the best today and we want it for our plane so we buy him tails for our planes.

The rest of the plane is made by ourselves in Spain with the best materials we could find. Our idea is to make really nice planes with the same material technology than the best european ones, and also with the best aerodynamics.

Fuse is made with HM carbonfiber and internal pressure to achieve an accurate weight. They have kevlar nose to make it 2.4 friendly.

The wings are hollow, with glasfiber-rohacell-glasfiber sandwich, or textreme-rohacell-glasfiber.

The pull pull system works really well, we use it either the rudder and elevator, in rudder you avoid problems of flutter as in the elevator, but gives a very smooth response and also immediate.

As you could see in the photos the string for the elevator, run thru the servo to a link for the horn, turns around in a pulley in the rudder and returns to the servo, very simple.

I'm going to show you some photos of the dinamic version.
This wings have 1 square decimeter less and also a higher aspect ratio. the airfoils are thinner.
Last edited by Vectorf3f; Jul 01, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,687 Posts
Very nicely done.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2013, 11:13 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
835 Posts
price?
roydor is online now Find More Posts by roydor
Old Jul 02, 2013, 01:13 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
135 Posts
Price can be downloaded from their wesite
Sherchoo is offline Find More Posts by Sherchoo
Old Jul 02, 2013, 05:16 AM
Milton Keynes, UK
Joined Oct 2005
1,162 Posts
We are really pleased to see our tail surfaces used on other models. Working with other manufacturers of DLG's means that we get really valuable feedback on ideas and improvements that we can make.

The Latigo team are great to work with, very quick to answer any questions and I am sure that we will all be seeing a lot more of this model
Richard S is offline Find More Posts by Richard S
Old Jul 02, 2013, 06:59 AM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
USA, OH, Worthington
Joined May 2002
6,601 Posts
Learning to make tails effectively can take a lot of time. Richard's tails are excellent and using them saves the airplane designer a significant amount of R&D time.

This model certainly looks good so far. If it flies as well as it looks, and is available... it will be a winner.
tom43004 is offline Find More Posts by tom43004
Old Jul 02, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Mar 2006
33 Posts
We are vey happy with the interest that you are giving in our model.

Richard we are very proud of your words, the are very important for us. We are vey happy of your work and with the attention that you are giving to us.

Tom, we are complete agree with you, we have tried some tails and the best was Swindells ones.

Today we have received some more tails, as always perfect!

We are working very hard to give the best product that we could make.

It comes very complete with all the linkages, and hardware necessary to built it.

We are working on a good instruction manual in English, we have Available the Spanish one in our website.
Old Jul 03, 2013, 08:22 AM
UAS Test Pilot
Norway
Joined Jul 2003
1,126 Posts
I`ve just received the second Latigo Dinamic out of the moulds. I will start to build it this week, since I need to have it ready before WC in Denmark. I have paid for my model and will try to make an as unbiased review as possible. The fit and finish of my model is quite good and considering that this is only the second Dinamic wing they have produced I think that anyone ordering a Latigo will get a top notch product. More to come in the next couple of days.
SpeedMaster is offline Find More Posts by SpeedMaster
Old Jul 03, 2013, 09:30 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004 View Post

and is available... it will be a winner.
May be somewhere else then US,unless group ordered
here is a shipping cost quote
Hello Yuri!

Thanks four your intesest.

We have been looking for prices for the shipping to USA. And we found that the price of shipment for 1 to 5 models would be 200 euros aprox.

Regards.

Jorge Medina
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox