SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2001, 01:56 PM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
Advertiser New Product Forum

I think it would be good to have a forum that is only posted to by vendors in which they can announce new products.
Kind of like the new product announcements section one sees in S&EM, for example.
I would assert that only E-zone advertisers would have access to this forum.

Also, it should only be about new products they are carrying. It shouldn't be about sales or promotions or anything like that.
Basically, I just want to be told about new products.
So, if Acme Hobbies starts carrying Goober ESCs they could announce it.
Or, if Gumby Hobbies has a new ARF they are proud of, they could announce it.
Furthermore, besides just announcing the product, the vendor would also be able to talk it up and tell me why I want to buy the product.

Again, the model I'm thinking of is that seen in magazines where press releases and the like are included with little or no editing.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2001, 11:52 AM
Brampton
Joined Sep 2001
1,439 Posts
Mitch,
I like the idea of a New Product Forum.
Just one line sticks in my throat.
(I would assert that only E-zone advertisers would have access to this forum.)
With this you barred all the little guys with hopes of starting a small company and producing a product or line or that one magic part, from this ("Open Forum")
Access for the little guy could spill into paid
ads in the future.
And tell you the truth I'm sick of a lot of the crap produce by big bu$$ine$$. Kinda takes the word Hobby outa it. Hmmmm Guys Look I Built This!!
Hmmm Ok shure you did! Stickers give you any problems.
In a lot of ways it like a home cooked meal Vs a in you're face all day song and dance Big Mac.
My 2Cents!
Denis Tomicki
PanzyPoof is offline Find More Posts by PanzyPoof