HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Navy Diver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:26 AM
Deep Sea
OFallon, MO
Joined Jul 2001
609 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Freddy418 and Poor Sales Practices

What is a reasonable amount of time to wait for payment after agreeing on a price?

Yesterday Freddy418 offered an Astro 010 motor for sale ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...72#post1760772 ). I PM'd him agreeing to purchase the motor at his price. Last night on my way to bed I checked my PM's and received a reply stating that the motor was mine. This morning, I log on to make payment and check the thread one more time to find that he has sold the motor to someone else. Is it unreasonable to expect someone to wait until the next morning for payment? Below is the text of the PM's:

Re: Astro
howdy,

sounds good, send paypal to dengd@rpi.edu and its yours.

cheers,
-freddy

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navy Diver wrote on Jan 26, 2004 03:49 PM:
If it's still available, I'll take it for $70.00 shipped.
Eric

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navy Diver is offline Find More Posts by Navy Diver
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2004, 07:14 AM
Westchester, NY
Joined Jun 2003
275 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
by the looks of it, you were first to post..... freedy should have made it clear that he wanted payment right away, or at least contacted you first b4 accepting a payment from someone else!
kindjordan is offline Find More Posts by kindjordan
Old Jan 27, 2004, 08:14 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Jun 2003
264 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I apologize for my hasty actions, but after I sent you the PM I didn't hear from you again, so I assumed that you were backing out, a return PM stating your intentions would have prevented this from occuring, either way, this taught me a lesson about making assumptions, and it won't happen again.

-freddy418
Freddy418 is offline Find More Posts by Freddy418
Old Jan 27, 2004, 08:44 AM
Deep Sea
OFallon, MO
Joined Jul 2001
609 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
I accept your apology. As I stated, I checked my PM's on the way to bed and didn't anticipate any problems with forwarding the money this morning. I may be a bit old fashioned, but I try to live by the addage that a man is only as good as his word, and once given, it shouldn't be broken. Good luck in your future transactions.
Eric
Navy Diver is offline Find More Posts by Navy Diver
Closed Thread